The best of Avi Algranati

Basilisk

What is the best album involving Avi Algranati?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one:

• Indoor - Progressive Trance (1995)
    • DNA Productions - Virtual Jungle (1997)
    • Space Cat - Beam Me Up (1999)
    • Space Cat - Shapes Of Sound (2000)
    • Space Cat - Power Up (2002)
    • Space Cat - Mechanical Dream (2004)
    • Alien vs The Cat - Space Jam (2004)
    • Alien vs The Cat - Hear The Noise (2006)

Beam Me Up is for sure a classic and a great album, I still have to vote for Mechanical Dream. :)

Nice idea for a poll btw, Avi is among my favourite producers and it's nice to see him get some appeciation.

Beam Me Up is for sure a classic and a great album, I still have to vote for Mechanical Dream. :)

Nice idea for a poll btw, Avi is among my favourite producers and it's nice to see him get some appeciation.

He lost all his credit long time ago though.

Tough battle between Progressive Trance, Beam me Up ! and Shapes Of Sound. While Progressive Trance is his best melodic work, Beam Me Up ! and Shapes Of Sound are better on production and twisted level. I still have to think about it before I vote it. :D

He lost all his credit long time ago though.

Why, because you don't like the music he produces nowadays or is there more behind it?

Why, because you don't like the music he produces nowadays or is there more behind it?

It's not only me Tatsu. I'm not sure if I know anybody except you who enjoys his music. It's the same thing that happened to IM but whereas Infected became rich and famous Space Cat didn't. You are welcome to compare Beam Me up against his recent output in terms of complexity and thought. You have to be deaf to disagree with me here... Let's see what the polls say.

It's not only me Tatsu. I'm not sure if I know anybody except you who enjoys his music. It's the same thing that happened to IM but whereas Infected became rich and famous Space Cat didn't. You are welcome to compare Beam Me up against his recent output in terms of complexity and thought. You have to be deaf to disagree with me here... Let's see what the polls say.

I'm not sure but I think this means you answer my question with a yes then? So all artists who make now full-on have lost their credibility? Because nobody really likes full-on and everybody is just making it for the money? Of course I can not really tell if Avi actually likes his new music but since you say he is not rich and famous I take it as a hint that that it's at least possible. Also considering that I actually like full-on so it should in theory also be possible that the artists like it to (some of them at last). Just in theory: if he enjoys his music how can he have lost his credibility?

Either way: yes, I'm enjoying his latest outputs and yes they do sound different than his old stuff (at least the tracks on several comps I've heard, haven't listened to the latest Alien vs. the Cat album). Considering he still releases music I think there are others who like him too. And even if not and even if the poll would end up with people hating his new stuff, so what?! I would still like his music, also if he would be only in it for the money. It's the music that counts for me and not an image or what some people who listen to the "right" kind of psy think about the music or the artist.

Oh and I'm not saying that you have to like his music or full-on or whatever, I'm just a bit curious what that credibility thing means for you.

Progressive Trance by far!!! Only Phreaky tracks can top that!

Beam Me Up is great, but yeah a totally Hallucinogen rip off.

Shapes Of Sounds is great too.

Power Up is bad.

Mechanical Dream is trippy, but too clubby.

I'm not sure but I think this means you answer my question with a yes then? So all artists who make now full-on have lost their credibility? Because nobody really likes full-on and everybody is just making it for the money?

Yeah, kind of.

Except if it's really psychedelic full-on, like Logic Bomb (who always played 'full-on' style, but not cheesy clubcrap) or at least has some decency, like some recent Cosmosis stuff.

I have no problem with Full On per se. I have a problem with stagnation and degradation which is the case with Avi's music recently. Ok, he hasn't lost his melodic edge and he farts a good melody here and there (same as Talamasca basically) but he totally lost it on the trippiness factor. Listening to Scorb at the moment and while it's a good full on album it doesn't really grab me as good as his previous did.