Xenomorph 3rd album officially released

Jon Cocco

Looks like the 3rd Xenomorph album has finally come out.

It's called "Demagoguery Of The Obscurants" and it's DARK as you'd expect from the artist who created on of the darkest albums in Goa-Trance.

Samples:

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=6858

For those less familiar, Xenomorph is arguably to Psytrance what Marilyn Manson is to Industrial Goth/Rock Metal, minus the world-wide stardom of the latter. Those familiar with some of Tim Schult's music may relate.

The album seems very story and theme driven too, with New World Order, the darkness and chaos that emits when a powerful and mysterious group of individuals attempt to control and run the world.

Based on the samples this third album sounds a bit more Industrial-Metal than the others. It's heavy, gritty psytrance as before. I really like the MELODY WORK at times. But NOT the vocal work in track 2 and 4 with exception to the voice samples. My only gripe is that the male vocal work on tracks 2, 4, 5, is somwhat reminiscent to the angry, throaty, whisper singing a la "Velvit Acid Christ." While I love some of the songs by VAC musically and melody-wise, I find the singing EXTREMELY DISTRACTING from the cool melodic, Psy/Metal music.

The track Secret Satanic Hierarchy sounds pretty emotive; different. Enslavement By Consumption, Harbingers Of Extinction and World War III has some strong/dark tone, melody-work, and groove, which I like. My only concern is the several tracks with singing.

Edit Update: I ordered the album several days ago. We'll see how it is when I receive it in the next week.

Actually, I'm just about to leave for a party where Xenomorph presents his new album... we'll see if he delivers. The samples didn't impress me that much, too many guitars, but hey you never know. Let's hope for the best :)

Cool. I just decided to order it along with Goasia's debut. Both should be no less than good! :)

Lumpi, be curios to hear what you thought of Xenomorph at that party last night.

A nice party it was, pretty dark atmosphere decowise and nice people. Loved it. At some time I went to the bar to get a short rest and order a beer when a totally twisted bloke walked towards me starting a conversation, boy was he fucked on acid. So I was lucky to get some enormous and profound insights on life and the way things are in general. Too bad I couldn’t follow his thoughts but we had a blast anyway. :lol:

Unfortunately I missed half of Xenomorphs live set because of that. However, judging by what I have heard his set was a bit disappointing, he solely played new stuff as far as I could tell, a few really good tracks here and there but too much boring stuff inbetween. His guitar acrobatics and singing didn’t help either. I’d still give it a solid 3 out of 5 though as I suppose it's not that bad for homelistening. I still have to build my final opinion about it.

And I could still bite my own ass not having seen him totally drunk as I was told he was later on. Must've been a view :rolleyes:

a few party pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey thanks for the impression and for the photos lumpi. That third one looks like something right out of the Gaian Mind tribe, maybe because it was?

Yeah I don't like the addition of singing one bit. Naturally it seems that this takes place on several tracks. Musically it sounds fantastic at times, but I haven't received the album yet to judge it in its entirety.

Part of me is just relieved to finally hear a new, long awaited dark psytrance album, one that has potential being good. I wish he'd cut out the singing entirely though.

(lumpi @ Dec 4 2007, 06:41 PM)

His guitar acrobatics and singing didn’t help either.

Yikes! What was he doing, fucking flips?? :D

I don't know wither to laugh or cry. Can you elaborate?

Yeah, there's singing in the new album. And too much guitars. It was rather boring <_<

Where is there singing in the new album?.................There isnt, there is a fair share of talking, but its not singing. And the talking goes quite well with the music and atmosheres, the entire album tells a story and never strays away from its theme of corporate and government conspiracy and coruption

Where is there singing in the new album?.................There isnt, there is a fair share of talking, but its not singing. And the talking goes quite well with the music and atmosheres, the entire album tells a story and never strays away from its theme of corporate and government conspiracy and coruption

I think it's track 3 on the album... theres some kinda growling in the back of the heavy guitars... sounds like a mix of death metal and psy... Not my taste

Well whatever it is, it just doesn't sound good. I don't understand why try to bring your political views public using psytrance in the first place :huh: He should've made some metal album and tried that there or something else but it just doesn't work here.

(imo of course) :P

I think it's track 3 on the album... theres some kinda growling in the back of the heavy guitars... sounds like a mix of death metal and psy... Not my taste

+1

Growling? lol. That's a funny way of decribing it if I ever heard one. Yes, this angry, "throaty" vocal work is very common on various metal and hardcore/heavy metal albums. I.e: Death, Velvet Acid Christ, etc. I commented on this in my opening post. I DON'T like it. I ordered this album, *fingers crossed* most tracks will not be like that. It's annoying, in my opinion. Some of the psy, metal, atmosphere, and overall melody work sounds very good however. Considering there seems to be few stand-out and anticipated dark Psytrance albums each year, this is one of them whether you like it or not. It's theme is intriguing too, whether it's entirely true or not. I don't want to discuss politics here.

NIN did their version regarding a similar topic related to the one on this album (more or less) with 2007's mixed review-ladden "Year Zero,". Smashing Pumpkins too with the government vs its people type thing, rising up, revolution. These are interesting observations anyway. It's becoming a growing energy, a potential phenomenon.. as if our very own culture (and various others) are trying to communincate to their people this subject matter.

I'll post a comment here and/or on a review thread when I've received and heard the album in its entirety several times. Should arrive shortly (next 5 days).

After hearing it several times I have now posted my full review in the respectful review section. Took only 4 hours. I'm still perfecting it. :drama: