Wikipedia Psynews page

mars

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please people check some first draft there : http://www.psynews.org/media/wiki/PsynewsWiki.pdf

By the way, still many people that joined this place after mid-2003 don't know that : I'm not the creator of Psynews, I inherited of it !

Great job! I remember so many of the early days reviewers. Great memories!

Any suggestions ?

DP ? Injsejn ? Anoebis ?

Please

I've just read it fast since I'm in a hurry atm.

I'll read it again and think of additions later tonight. I'll contact you.

Well that's stunning!!!

I always thought that Psynews was made by Mars and Children not just Children.

And man, Psynews has a biiiigggg history!

Yes, we need a Wiki page for sure!

edit: Children=Radi?

I knew you inherited it, I think I first popped in in 2001 or 2002 and used it merely as a reference for finding oldskool sounds from the reviews/discography section. I remember there was a time that it was in a frozen moment where nothing was happening here, but everything...was here. I don't even remember when that was. I sold things on here and then formally created an account in 2004 because, well, I wanted to join my second web based forum since 1993, heh. I've been on a total of 4, but only two remain, here, and my local mnvibe site, weeeeee.

I wouldn't know what to contribute and think it's best you Mars develop this article yourself. You know the happenings, you know the insides, you know the outsides. We're just merely here representing the outside. ;)

-d

Well that's stunning!!!

I always thought that Psynews was made by Mars and Children not just Children.

And man, Psynews has a biiiigggg history!

Yes, we need a Wiki page for sure!

My memory is fogged, I forgot it was 'Children' even but I do recall now since you mention it. I think Mars was working behind the scenes and was vocal among the creation of psynews but I think the thought, the idea, came from Children and then he inherited Mars somewhere down the line and they worked together on it and then that time came when it went frozen and nobody knew what was happening and lalala, and the time that there was a message *I THINK* saying site being redesigned, or something, and that was up for a very long time.........I could be all wrong and thinking of something else, wow, I can hardly remember if I brushed my teeth yesterday *haha just kidding* but that's the way thinking about the Internet feels. :-/

-d

I'd like to write a part also. Others are welcome to help though, as my free time is quite limited.

It's about the forum members, the moderators, about members' loyalty to psynews, about the conflicts, about the friendships, about further IRL meetings between various members of the forum all over the world. And probably future meetings also. :D

I'd like to write a part also. Others are welcome to help though, as my free time is quite limited.

It's about the forum members, the moderators, about members' loyalty to psynews, about the conflicts, about the friendships, about further IRL meetings between various members of the forum all over the world. And probably future meetings also.

Don't forget to mention your best friend Radi! :ph34r::P

Mars, this is a FAIL:

Quote:

...Like the rest of the Psychedelic scene, and techno music in general, it’s become less attractive and its activity........

Unquote.

There's no basis to place that in a wikipedia article whatsoever. It seems like an opinion formed merely from personal feeling rather than something of fact cause I highly disagree. Although, you may be right for your part of the world, here in the United States, in the Midwest alone, we have 2-3 psy parties a month now thrown by numerous collectives. Our techno scene, well, in Minnesota alone, it's a win, complete win. Just some constructive criticism! :)

-d

It's about the forum members, the moderators, about members' loyalty to psynews, about the conflicts, about the friendships, about further IRL meetings between various members of the forum all over the world. And probably future meetings also. :D

Moni: Yeah you're definitely welcome, this was a draft, all written in a couple of hours, and I don't know much about the "Forum era" where so much is still to be added. So please yes please help me.

Devious: yeah ok i'll change that.

Not as many posts, would be my guess, all other things considered.

Nothing to do with post count. I took the earlier posts I could find I checked who was already participating then. Many many more could be quoted.

Mars, this is a FAIL:

Quote:

...Like the rest of the Psychedelic scene, and techno music in general, it’s become less attractive and its activity........

Unquote.

There's no basis to place that in a wikipedia article whatsoever. It seems like an opinion formed merely from personal feeling rather than something of fact cause I highly disagree. Although, you may be right for your part of the world, here in the United States, in the Midwest alone, we have 2-3 psy parties a month now thrown by numerous collectives. Our techno scene, well, in Minnesota alone, it's a win, complete win. Just some constructive criticism! :)

-d

I agree.

If you have anything to add, please tell me, else if you're good at translating, yes, could be interesting, but only after the file has ben declared final.

If you have anything to add, please tell me, else if you're good at translating, yes, could be interesting, but only after the file has ben declared final.

I really think you're doing a delightful job. I wish I had something to add, but all I did back in 2002 is come on here and post vinyl lists for sale and disappear. :)

soooooooooo- sorry!

keep it up though, looking good, frenchy!

-d