Best Released DJ Mix you own

Guest The Journey Man Project

Guest The Journey Man Project

I don;t have many as I prefer to have single tracks unmixed...

but my vote goes to:

V.A - "Distance To Goa Vol. 8" (CD 2 mixed by Joti Sidhu)

I remeber in 1998 (?) when I got this and was blown away by?:

A) the awesoem industrial sound in the music, very different from alot of th epsy until then...

B) the mixing was seamless, the first about 3 or 4 track just sound like one extended piece...

I saw him at NYE party that year and was blown away by his set, it was basically the same style but for 2 hours :clapping: :posford: :clapping: to bad about is recent styles :(

Wish Atomic would come back also :clapping:

Richie Hawtin - DE9 | Closer To The Edit

"After recording, sampling, cutting, and splicing over 100 tracks down into their basic components, I ended up with a collection of over 300 loops, ranging in length from 1 note to 4 bars. I then started to recreate and reinterpret each track, putting the pieces back together as if an audio jigsaw puzzle - using effects and edits as the glue in between each piece. This 53 minute piece, consisting of over 70 tracks and 31 ID points"

&

Scion - Arrange And Process Basic Channel Tracks

goa-mix-cds are usually not that good to my ears...

Richie Hawtin - DE9 | Closer To The Edit

"After recording, sampling, cutting, and splicing over 100 tracks down into their basic components, I ended up with a collection of over 300 loops, ranging in length from 1 note to 4 bars. I then started to recreate and reinterpret each track, putting the pieces back together as if an audio jigsaw puzzle - using effects and edits as the glue in between each piece. This 53 minute piece, consisting of over 70 tracks and 31 ID points"

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH man...

As far as Richie Hawtin goes, his Decks, EFX & 909 mix is so superior to this wannabe-the show off- master DJ mix. I still remember that amazing part where Richie plays around with his take on Yello's "Oh yeah", "Minus Orange", and then mixes in Nitzer Ebb's immortal "Let your body learn"... Beautiful!!! And then later sticking together Sims', Mills' and Surgeon's tracks into an amazing collage of techno killers... Such a great mix!

I always considered DE9 | Closer To The Edit to be the overrated DJ mix, while the real talent was displayed on Decks, EFX & 909, kind of the same thing with Jeff Mills' Exhibitionist - A Jeff Mills Mix and his ground breaking Mix-Up Vol. 2 Featuring Jeff Mills - LiveMix At Liquid Room, Tokyo :)

As for those trance mixes, I like Tsuyoshi Suzuki's Deck Wizards- Goa Trance Mix (1996) (Psychic Deli), mainly due to an awesome balance between a slew of great classics and excellent mixing decks skills, as usual with Tsuyoshi! :)

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH man...

As far as Richie Hawtin goes, his Decks, EFX & 909 mix is so superior to this wannabe-the show off- master DJ mix. I still remember that amazing part where Richie plays around with his take on Yello's "Oh yeah", "Minus Orange", and then mixes in Nitzer Ebb's immortal "Let your body learn"... Beautiful!!! And then later sticking together Sims', Mills' and Surgeon's tracks into an amazing collage of techno killers... Such a great mix!

I always considered DE9 | Closer To The Edit to be the overrated DJ mix, while the real talent was displayed on Decks, EFX & 909, kind of the same thing with Jeff Mills' Exhibitionist - A Jeff Mills Mix and his ground breaking Mix-Up Vol. 2 Featuring Jeff Mills - LiveMix At Liquid Room, Tokyo :)

As for those trance mixes, I like Tsuyoshi Suzuki's Deck Wizards- Goa Trance Mix (1996) (Psychic Deli), mainly due to an awesome balance between a slew of great classics and excellent mixing decks skills, as usual with Tsuyoshi! :)

read what oopie wrote....DE9 ain't a dj mix.

i second oopie.

i don't know any released mixes, unless a few techno ones. i wouldn't buy mixed psy cd's...i don't like intro's and outro's cut off.

read what oopie wrote....DE9 ain't a dj mix.

i second oopie.

i don't know any released mixes, unless a few techno ones. i wouldn't buy mixed psy cd's...i don't like intro's and outro's cut off.

It is a DJ mix, it is just that mr. Hawtin is such a lame ass junkie, he has serious trouble fully understanding what is it that he is actually trying to do.

can't think of any psytrance.

but out of all my collections:

Full Cycle Live (full cycle records)

Night Life (Andy C mix)

and may be some progression sessions by LTJ Bukem.

and unreleased

Anoebis- Downtempo Goa mix (the one with Etnica's Plastic)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own many mixed CDs (except Ultimae). Mainly because I listen to the stuff at home and I don't want mixes when I listen at home ... for running I like mixes, but these I download, because I have to record them on MD, so why spending money on a mix CD when I have to re-record it afterwards anyway.

But wait, the Earthtrance CD is mixed ... and therefore it's the best released goa trance mix I own :)

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH man...

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH man, Decks, EFX & 909 is stunning mix but DE 9 TRANSITIONS 5.1 is by far the MOST SUPERIOR techno mix I have ever heard. Do you have that one ? I've bought it on original and played on home system with friends. Whoa, the guy certainly know his shit, you see on the display all the tracks he is mixing, even their intros and outros, smooth mixes between tracks, TRANSITIONS, we were all blown away by his DJ skillz. Get that one, it is more superior to both CLOSER TO EDIT and DECKS, EFX & 909... :D

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAH man, Decks, EFX & 909 is stunning mix but DE 9 TRANSITIONS 5.1 is by far the MOST SUPERIOR techno mix I have ever heard. Do you have that one ? I've bought it on original and played on home system with friends. Whoa, the guy certainly know his shit, you see on the display all the tracks he is mixing, even their intros and outros, smooth mixes between tracks, TRANSITIONS, we were all blown away by his DJ skillz. Get that one, it is more superior to both CLOSER TO EDIT and DECKS, EFX & 909... :D

Hahahaha, I like the way you always stand up for the guy. It seems you really like the guy. :) And let me tell you something: I use to be an enormous fan of this man/legend, but I suddenly lost interest in his music/style about 15-16 months ago...

I can narrate epic novels about mr. Hawtin's releases I own, and the countless times I've had a blast listening to them (ALL originals), but since you're such a crazy ass dedicated fan, I won't share with you a great good deed I'm about to do with my Richie/Plastikman stuff... You'll think I went bananas! :)

P.S.: I agree with you though, objectively speaking, DE | 9 Transitions is his magnum opus, for whatever that's worth now... I simply don't enjoy that music nowadays. I, on a personal level, still enjoy Decks, EFX & 909 the most though: the part where he plays around with Minus Orange/Minus Yellow/Let Your Body Learn is too good to be true.

IMHO, his legacy and legendary status are guaranteed, but his music does NOT amaze me any more... I never thought I'd be saying that, but Richie bores me to death now. The end.

I don't have many mixes, and no psy ones.

But Tranceglobalnation 2 is great.

And I wish that when I got the re-release of Reactivate 10 that it was the mixed version, which was phenomenal. They only re-released it in the separate tracks version.

The only DJ-mixes I own (officially released that means) are the mixes from Yahel and Raja Ram for the Most Wanted series from Phonokol. I like all of them a lot but for me the true gems are some mixes I've downloaded. :)