hard to get ppl to get hooked on to psytrance

Apai_Mau

Guest pilkesilmä

Really? Further comments about rock similarities? I don't find this at all.

Synth riffs, basslines, drums. Basically everything.

But of course there are not so much lyrics and a lot variation and odd sounds are added.

Plus of course the sounds themselves are usually completely different from traditional rockband with traditional instruments. Maybe you found it now? It's called music. I love it :drama:

... and I hate the fact that I can't produce any superpsy for a quite long time because I don't have speakers or what's the thing in English that gives power to the speakers? Vahvistin. It caught flame because of a superb-killer-track :D

... and I hate the fact that I can't produce any superpsy for a quite long time because I don't have speakers or what's the thing in English that gives power to the speakers? Vahvistin. It caught flame because of a superb-killer-track :D

Vahvistin is amplifier in English. :clapping:

Synth riffs, basslines, drums. Basically everything.

I see similarities between the way you approach rock and psy, of course there are tangible differences, but I find that people who like rock have a more open approach to the music they hear, they don't get annoyed by any hard sounds, or by a song being to long, that's why I want to make that experiment, to make a psy party at a rock place.

My 14 year old cousin likes Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians... of course she only likes it because of the vocals :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know a lot of people that wont listen to music unless it has lyrics! It's not real music otherwise :lol: Please :blink:

People have asked me, how can you listen to anything without lyrics? It's so boring!

I smile & nod...

id say its quite the oppiste, what can trigger imagination better - spoken words that tell you how to feel and what to feel or sound that just is and the whole universe is open for you to explore B)!

The other side of the coin, of course, is that there is no instrument as capable, diverse, beautiful or able to communicate all emotion with such stunning effect as the human voice. At the end of the day whether someone listens to only lyric-based music or only lyric-less music, it's the same thing; they're both missing out.

And how long has your cousin been cutting herself?

and how long have you been biting yourself?

:rolleyes:

back on topic... i had a malay girlfriend and one x-mas she went back home and she went to a huge rave in some mountain (asking for name here would be useless). Basically she said she saw a Dj girl that play played psy trance on this event. Off course her name escapes me and i was getting her into psy, but god knows what she played... so... it's little information... but I do know there's been at least a few events.

People have asked me, how can you listen to anything without lyrics? It's so boring!

I smile & nod...

amen brother

why are the beats repeating?

what you mean like a chorus in normal western music? :lol:

:lol:

When trying to promote psy trance over there, you have to remember that everywhere where psy trance is established it's a small minority's music (except perhaps in Israel, but they have their nitzhonot (sp?), pop psy and what not). While that might sound depressing, it's a fact. (And even as psy trance has gained popularity in wider circles, it's come at the cost of quality.) So you can't expect to find many people who are going to like it.

harsh but 100% true - btw, what does "sp" stand for?

Just feed them mushrooms and put on Return of the Shadows from Infected Mushroom

HAHAHAHAHAHA :D .. Mexican food and that exact track is litterly what turned me on! Goannes, yo so dope lol

Just let your friends listen to some old Infected Mushroom tracks...

It really is a fantastic way to tempt people from all genres. Ones you got them interested it's easy to roll out the carpet of Psymon "Hallucinogen" Potcord

the music found them. :)

:wub:

. Just hook them slowly, intuitively, discreetly. ;)

I have to do this, because when I (we live three friends together, me only psy fa. One r'n'b & rap other everything but preders rock) have a gathering/party I can't play my preferd psy, so I have to sneek in a lot and even play albums I rarly listen to, which is nice. :) I actually have to try to avoid 4/4 in a way. .. hm, but actually, when with people (good taste und bad taste(imo)) and I control the music I try to satisfy/influence (the dj in me, aww) by playing.. good music, period. I am also ,,ego" and play this music because I like

:drama: