As the scene is being over-run by you

psytones

Not really. That's where i disagree with the article.. yes they are a lot of pseudo ppl.. or ppl that just don't know enough.. but there are (or maybe.. were??hm_) people that are 'true' (true. 'true' is relative but you get what i mean) tripperz out there... uhm.....

anyways.

Besides that I think it's damn arrogant to judge people at parties just after one look. I bet most of you would put me in the pseudo category too after seeing me dacing my ass off to full-on. ;)

Besides that I think it's damn arrogant to judge people at parties just after one look. I bet most of you would put me in the pseudo category too after seeing me dacing my ass off to full-on. ;)

No, not really,not me. I don't judge by looks or what music you are dancing too. Rather than your opinions on music/scene etc...

No, not really,not me. I don't judge by looks or what music you are dancing too. Rather than your opinions on music/scene etc...

I wasn't really putting you in the judge by one look-category, I was just using your quote for a general statement. :)

Or you have some pointless noise that sounds like a vacuum cleaner dubbed over a traction engine for those who obviously want to keep it undahground, man!

In my opinion, your post gets a 6/10.

You're bitter. That happens when you've run out of new things to discover. You feel as if nothing is worth your effort - and you're melancholic about the good times that were when you were younger, and the scene was younger. But like people have stated - change is part of any scene. It is good - with low points and high points, we're never going to be bored. Right now, I guess we are in a bit of a low point, but we still have some great music.

Also, You've generalized the entire scene based on your festival experience. DUH! festivals are commercial by definition, especially international ones. Did you try going to the more underground parties? Did you stay 'till morning, when all the "hoodlums" go home? You see, the "serious psy lovers" which you defined are the ones that stay till the end of the party. That's the time you should enjoy it most.

Also, you talk of the stereotypes of different type of people who like a specific type of music, the cliche pop teen, rap "gangsta", heavy metalheads, "punks", goa-trance hippies... that's just silly. Psytrance lovers don't have to be of the stereotype you've described, they don't even have to take drugs. It is as if you live by your imagined definitions and are suprised when they don't come true.

Finally, your remark about Psykovsky style music, I guess.. maybe even Ka-Sol style, or what fucking ever.. the fact that you don't like some genre of music doesn't make it null or void. There's some amazing music out there that you'll never like. Others will like it, thank god. That keeps things varied.

I hope you find your place under the sun, and keep optimistic...

You see, the "serious psy lovers" which you defined are the ones that stay till the end of the party. That's the time you should enjoy it most.

heh, I always go home in the early morning ... at six or so ... never stayed until the end, never!

Well it is sort of sad that all these crack-heads (not everybody off course :P) has taken over the and sort of made the "commercial" party life (and affected the music being made).... Well I can only speak for me here in Denmark (Copehagen)... Nowadaysn I rarely wanna go to any of the parties here even though there is plenty every week, its just not the people I would like to party with. Its just big guys on steoriod and with pusher-tattoos all over, and thats bringing the bad vibes and fights.... that has nothing to do with the "psychedelic" vibe, more like coke-ego-Im-The-biggest-goon-here sort of vibe :( Just sad...

But then that just means I will go their parties, cus it is possible to find the small underground parties (not that Im that good at finding them though) were u get more of the happy "psychedelic" vibe. And not all underground music sounds like vacum-cleaners psytones... there are some nice stuff... or u just have to travel a bit to get... A forest in Sweden for instance :)

:) it will all be alright again... and it still is if u look the right places!