Goa-Head comps still exist?

Lemmiwinks

Funny, I thought this series of comps was long extinct but a random check on discogs proved me wrong... aparently the guys behind the comp are still at at, making it AFAIK the longest series of psy comps ever!!! Funny how noone mentions them that often...

Goa-Head Vol. 23

Yeah its been around for ages.... funny they still call it goa-head.... more a trademark than a description of the content really :P

I think I got volumes 6,7 & 8. the first ones were proberbly better though ;)

I am have number 1, 2 ,3 ,4 & 5 and I liking

so together we have 1-8 ;) who's got the rest :unsure:

as I remember the 8th one wasnt really good... :unsure: maybe thats why i did'nt bother to buy more.... or maybe number 9 sucked... shite I dont remember... :P

so together we have 1-8 ;) who's got the rest :unsure:

as I remember the 8th one wasnt really good... :unsure: maybe thats why i did'nt bother to buy more.... or maybe number 9 sucked... shite I dont remember... :P

i have vol. 9, but i lost its disc 2. it's pretty okay if i remember well, but it was the last good one in my book.

Yeah, Goa-Head is the longest running Goa (hmmm...psy now) series ever - absolutely!

I "take care" of this series on discogs - have added all images and everything - hence my user name :lol:

well you could add a few reviews on this site while you're at it...

Funny, I thought this series of comps was long extinct but a random check on discogs proved me wrong... aparently the guys behind the comp are still at at, making it AFAIK the longest series of psy comps ever!!! Funny how noone mentions them that often...

Goa-Head Vol. 23

of course :)

That's why I like Goa-Head so much! They have been around since the oldschool times and always managed to keep their sound fresh and good! They neither went fullon nor otherwise uninteresting and they still got some of the best tracks on their discs that this scene has to offer! And it's even available in our local CD stores - the only psy compilation that has achieved that (at least back then, now they have more <_< )! I'm a total Goa-Head fan!

Number #2 or #3 has introduced me to psytrance, but I don't have any of them now - the series was always a mix of good tracks and crappy fillers and it has gotten even worse with each next instalment... But it sure deserves a respect as one of the longest and most important psy-compilation series.

the series was always a mix of good tracks and crappy fillers and it has gotten even worse with each next instalment...

no, no ... this statement is actually not really true, but the point is, you have to listen to the stuff long enough. Trust me! I "listened myself" the volume 13 to the absolute holy grail of psy/goa music, litterarily :lol: ! Every track a masterpiece! I was listening to this piece for like 6 months - only that one of course ... had no money for another one, it was freakin' expensive to me. And now it's the best Goa CD out there for me. And I believe any of the Goa Head compilations has that potential! Yes, I firmly believe it! That's why I am such a great fan (and because the newest ones are really quite good, not after 6 months of listening :D )...

<(but who does nowadays want to do that "listening oneself the record good" - either good on first listen or not good, I understand you people, I'm now like that as well :) )>

they were the sweetest compilations around. as someone said, they had gotten filler between the good songs. they started gettin worse when the double digits came. number 9 I say is the last respectable one. more solid than the ones to follow. I have 1,3,6 and 12. 1,3 & 6 are goa gold! 12 really sucks. the compilations started getting filled with no name artists that plagued the cds with filler minimal sounds, prog and whatnot. its a shame. Goa Head 3 I like to think is the best of the series. it also had a huge impact on me when I discovered the world of goa/psychedelics. I couldn't believe it was in my hands the day a friend got it for me 8) like a goa myth, haha! now you can find all these newer goa head release in the number 20's and such on german websites. I've gone searching for them and found lots of german stores selling them. and even some of the first versions. pretty easy to come by.

no, no ... this statement is actually not really true, but the point is, you have to listen to the stuff long enough. Trust me! I "listened myself" the volume 13 to the absolute holy grail of psy/goa music, litterarily :lol: ! Every track a masterpiece! I was listening to this piece for like 6 months - only that one of course ... had no money for another one, it was freakin' expensive to me. And now it's the best Goa CD out there for me. And I believe any of the Goa Head compilations has that potential! Yes, I firmly believe it! That's why I am such a great fan (and because the newest ones are really quite good, not after 6 months of listening :D )...

<(but who does nowadays want to do that "listening oneself the record good" - either good on first listen or not good, I understand you people, I'm now like that as well :) )>

The latest instalments have some tracks which can be called progressive house (sadly) Disc 1 is full-on, most of disc 2 is much mellower.

The latest instalments have some tracks which can be called progressive house (sadly) Disc 1 is full-on, most of disc 2 is much mellower.

OMG ... you're right! :o

I just test-listened to vol. 23 in the store and really, it has become all full-onish! Shit ... I didn't think they'd go this way ... the latest one I own is vol. 21 and that one is not full on ... a little bit maybe, but not much. At least in comparsion to the latest one.

Shit.

OMG ... you're right! :o

I just test-listened to vol. 23 in the store and really, it has become all full-onish! Shit ... I didn't think they'd go this way ... the latest one I own is vol. 21 and that one is not full on ... a little bit maybe, but not much. At least in comparsion to the latest one.

Shit.

Not really all that full-onissh (vol.23.) What differentiates vol. 23 from the previous volumes is that both sides are "balanced" in terms of "power". Whereas the others had one-full on-side and the other side is (mostly) progressive and mellower, Vol. 23 seems to have reduced the "full-onism" from disc 1 (I repeat: just reduced) and put that on disc 2 since disc 2 here isn't mellow as the previous editions.

This series comes in fantastic artwork BTW.