Hey all you in the UK!

alleycat

Just wondering what you all would recommend, for an American loose in the UK.

Im thinking of possibly taking a trip to England this summer, and Id like to know what you think I should check out!

I dont mean just parties, but nice/cheap places to eat/stay/travel to, visit etc.

A buddy of mine was in London summer '05 and had a blast, so my interest has been piqued!

Thanks all and have a nice day!

:D

Just wondering what you all would recommend, for an American loose in the UK.

Im thinking of possibly taking a trip to England this summer, and Id like to know what you think I should check out!

I dont mean just parties, but nice/cheap places to eat/stay/travel to, visit etc.

A buddy of mine was in London summer '05 and had a blast, so my interest has been piqued!

Thanks all and have a nice day!

:D

Camden Town.

Camden Town.

+1

I had some time to kill in London recently so I thought I'd go and check out Camden market to see what it was like. Within about 10 minutes I had been given a flyer for a psytrance party. I wish they were that easy to find where I live :(

My home town salisbury is about as boring as they get, so don't go there (unless your around in time for the summer soltsice which is always a laugh, partying in stonehenge and all :rolleyes: ) . My favourite cities in england are: london (camden town again seconded), Brighton&Cornwall (great parties on the beach during the summer) and birmingham is pretty cool as well, close to where i live now so go there quite a bit, never disappoints ;) the bristol music scene is still good as well

Feel free to PM me when you come over, would be more than happy to show you around, organise some parties/good nights out etc if you decide to visit anywhere near me (that is providing im still in the country, leaving for argentina in august.... :unsure: ).

• 1 month later...

If I am not mistaken a very cool party is going to take place from the Tribe Of Frogs.

At the end of March which I will be there to hear the wizard Cosmosis rocking on the place!

See you there Froggies!

London is the place for parties...

Every weekend there are a lot of "organised" events plus at least a couple of squat parites.. so jus pick your thing... May is Twisted's party (hallucinogen ind dub and young brother with live instruments.... plus a lot of goodies)....

trying ot think of day-time activities as parties, you will have no problem finding.

- Tate modern museum is a must... never dissapoints and it's a great way to spend half day... especially if a spliff is smoked beforehand and you got some company, or even by yourself, i guess...

- kew gardens during the day... we tripped there once, gorgeous :)

- Westbourne Studio or Bed bar... were really chilled to go have beer, talk with people and just kill time before a clubbing session.. I think they were both by paddington if remember correctly... definately worth checking out.