Whats all this with Electro?

NEMO.BOFH

I have recently discovered a trend in Psytrance, that the artists call their music electro... and in fact, its just weird psy, or progg with arpeggiated basslines. I mean, comon, have these artists never heard real electro? :(

I get so excited when I read that someone has done a "Electro" track, and then its just some Progg hybrid, or some weird FullON with some blips and blops added, and the bassline drops out a little bit now and then!

What is this all about? Is it to sell more records or what? Dont they think that people will discover that its not electro at all?! :(

Oh well, im gonna go and listen to some Kraftwerk, to remind myself a little bit, what it should sounds like :D

Love and light dudes and dudettes!

Nemo

Ticon's latest has some real electro influences. Not just the bass. Shit reminds me of commercials from childhood in the 80s, b-boys in their jumpsuits with the three stripes breakin it down on a piece of cardboard taped to the sidewalk. Ahhhh, youth.

Ticon's latest has some real electro influences.  Not just the bass.  Shit reminds me of commercials from childhood in the 80s, b-boys in their jumpsuits with the three stripes breakin it down on a piece of cardboard taped to the sidewalk.  Ahhhh, youth.

644448[/snapback]

INFLUENCES... thats the keyword here, but its not electro! :D

yeah. But is it possible, at all, to make electro-trance?

yeah.  But is it possible, at all, to make electro-trance?

644465[/snapback]

why not, I dont see a problem with that, or electro-house, or electro-psy... I mean everything is possible, if you just want.

but going as far as calling it pure electro, is just misleading, and wrong... of course imo :)

do you know of any examples? Id like some electrotrance.

Fixed :) It's X-Mix Electro Boogie on K7!

The second installment features one of the funniest song titles ever. The song is called "Space invaders are smoking grass"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

644480[/snapback]

:angry: and why do I now have that?!

has anyone actually discovered any psychedelic electro-trance? I mean not just influenced.

has anyone actually discovered any psychedelic electro-trance?  I mean not just influenced.

644576[/snapback]

More or less:

Genetic - Motion Picture

X-Dream - We Interface (a few of the tracks)

Wizzy Noise - Sabotage, Part 1 (I haven't heard the new one)

Yeah idd Nemo, some ppl think using a vocoder = making electro, but there's a "little" more to it.

Real electro nearly always has a breakbeat & that's not easy to incorporate in psytrance, I guess.

But it's a global trend, just check out the latest Robbie Williiams song, I mean the music in the background, not his singing. Or ppl like Timbaland & P Diddy sampling Cybotron / Juan Atkins...

Drop by my place some time. We can watch all ten :)

644597[/snapback]

Ahhh the videos... Damn, I have to dig out the ones that I have. I have 4 of them... cant remember which... used to sell them in the shop :)

Drop by my place some time. We can watch all ten :)

644597[/snapback]

Ahhh the videos... Damn, I have to dig out the ones that I have. I have 4 of them... cant remember which... used to sell them in the shop :)

644757[/snapback]

I think Electro Boogie is the only one with Electro music in the whole vide X-mix series.

My favorites are the first one mixed by Paul Van Dyk when he was like 19 or 20 year old and also the second one. Laurent Garnier did the third one I think which is also cool here and there (that Essence of nature track rocks), but after that it was the land of minimalia all the way.

Electro Boogie 2 was released too, but I think only on CD, no videos.

Psy labels released a few electro tracks here and there. Check out Subtonal-Drone song on Blue Room's More Signs of Life.