online psychedelic shops and their sales

supergroover

soo.. interesting question here.. what online shops do we actually have and what part of the total sales do they get ? opinions facts etc..

we got (lets make a total list here of shops selling over 20 labels; i ll edit this post to keep it organised):

www.psyshop.com

www.saikosounds.com

www.beatport.com

www.trance-shop.com/ www.psysale.com

i think personally psyshop and saikosounds are the biggest. Taking maybe even 25 % each. but thats just guessing :P

bring on those 2cents each!

soo.. interesting question here.. what online shops do we actually have and what part of the total sales do they get ? opinions facts etc..

we got (lets make a total list here of shops selling over 20 labels; i ll edit this post to keep it organised):

www.psyshop.com

www.saikosounds.com

www.psysale.com

www.beatport.com

www.trance-shop.com

i think personally psyshop and saikosounds are the biggest. Taking maybe even 25 % each. but thats just guessing  :P

623378[/snapback]

You mean total sales of records right?

www.psyshop.com

www.saikosounds.com

www.psysale.com

www.beatport.com

www.trance-shop.com

i think personally psyshop and saikosounds are the biggest. Taking maybe even 25 % each. but thats just guessing  :P

623378[/snapback]

Do you mean what percent they make (profit) on each sale? After the artists share + overheads?

So, you want to know a share of each on-line shop's sales in whole on-line sales or in total sales, including street shops?

hehe, more questions than answers so far ;):lol:

Guest Elysium

It's a bit early to have any statistics about the percentage of market share. But a good estimate is that it's probably around 65/35 right now when it come to overall music looking away from nitches. I would guess CD sales are still the major winner but I also do believe it will change sooner or later.

When it come to psy, fullon, chill etc. I would probably estimate that online sale is the winner. I do not think many physical shops carry many CD titles anymore due to the small sales.

So, you want to know a share of each on-line shop's sales in whole on-line sales or in total sales, including street shops?

i wanna know the share of each online psychedelic trance shop in the whole sales of online psychedelic trance sales...

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

623857[/snapback]

Sorry to have to break this to you, but your information is wrong...

its 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Next time, check your facts before you post in a forum!

- Krell

Sorry to have to break this to you, but your information is wrong...

it's 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Next time, check your facts before you post in a forum!

- Krell

624027[/snapback]

1 zero short! Damn Damn Damn!!

If we are talking only about online shops that sell cds meaning that digital shops are out of the question then i can say that Psyshop and Saikosounds together must own more than 70% of the market.

I mean when Saikosounds and Psyshop purchase 100 cds from one title the other stores get something like 4-5 copies maximum.

By the way isnt tranceshop/psysale closed yet?

What I want to know is how many copies do most well-known/hyped psytrance albums sell?

Like say for the new Ticon, or Reefer Decree, or Mantrix albums? Do these people make enough off sales to call it a living?

Are we talking 500 copies or like 30,000?

How about for the Shpongle or Infected Mushroom albums?

I have no idea how popular psytrance is or how many copies an album usually sells....

Guest Elysium

What I want to know is how many copies do most well-known/hyped psytrance albums sell?

Like say for the new Ticon, or Reefer Decree, or Mantrix albums?  Do these people make enough off sales to call it a living?

Are we talking 500 copies or like 30,000?

How about for the Shpongle or Infected Mushroom albums?

I have no idea how popular psytrance is or how many copies an album usually sells....

624746[/snapback]

1000-1500 max for 99.5% of all releases. A few probably more but those are rare.

1000-1500 max for 99.5% of all releases.  A few probably more but those are rare.

624752[/snapback]

I heard Shpongle - Are you Shpongled? sold a crap load, 20,000 or something. Does anyone know if this is true or a dream I had?

I heard Shpongle - Are you Shpongled? sold a crap load, 20,000 or something. Does anyone know if this is true or a dream I had?

624867[/snapback]

that's probably true, but keep in mind that music is for a véry big audience and with Bija Flor they already reached a big public...

But Like EP said: 1000-1500 is the max these days, smaller labels are often stuck around 500-700, and very small labels only a few hundred...

Damn, 1000 copies doesn't seem like many...

The artist is only making a % of the retail price right? So if they make $5 per copy sold that would only be like $5000 total - not really enough to make it a living...

This is why I don't understand why people say so-and-so are "selling-out" - like all the old goa acts that came out with their version of "full-on" - if they're only selling like 1000 copies what difference does it make - they're not gonna get rich and famous that way anyhow...

Does this make sense to anyone?

This is why I don't understand why people say so-and-so are "selling-out" - like all the old goa acts that came out with their version of "full-on" - if they're only selling like 1000 copies what difference does it make - they're not gonna get rich and famous that way anyhow...

625181[/snapback]

'Old-skool' artists that aren't selling out sell roughly 1000-2000 copies / album. The (big) fullon acts like Skazi and co nowadays will sell tens of thousands, they're the ones that get rich and famous.

Damn, 1000 copies doesn't seem like many...

The artist is only making a % of the retail price right?  So if they make $5 per copy sold that would only be like $5000 total - not really enough to make it a living...

625181[/snapback]

Wow... someone tell me which label is paying $5 to the artist per copy sold, I wanna send them a demo...