Bring on the wrath of copyright...

RAH

PARIS A Moscow-based Web site that the U.S. Commerce Department has branded as the world's highest- volume online seller of pirated music announced plans Tuesday to release hundreds of thousands of albums free [on 128 kbps].

Low prices and ease of use have made AllofMP3 a consumer favorite among music download sites, but the site - which claims to operate legally under Russian copyright law - faces continuing legal battles with the music industry and harsh criticism from the U.S. government.

On Tuesday, the credit card company Visa International said it had suspended card service to the site, citing concerns over copyright issues.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/17/yourmoney/music.php

dunno if anybody has been following this, but it seems like a blatant finger to the US and RIAA who have been mounting pressures to close off the site.

Can't wait to see who throws the next punch...

Harhar :D

"So you cut us the ability to charge for our music? That's not a problem. We give it away for free then! It's pirated anyway."

I like that way of thinking. Really :)

Guest Elysium

I think it's to mock every artist in this forum to agree with the russian criominal pirates. One thing is the endless loss of morality this scene has (yes the downloading is far bigger in this scene than most others compared to the number of people in it) but to actually think it's cool what those russian pricks do is really sad.

I don't give a rats ass if USA or RIAA are on the case. Someone has to close down those criminals.

It's a crime only if it's illegal..

623703[/snapback]

what is a crime here, isnt a crime there. Still morally right or wrong.... oh well, I dont buy from them.... ;)

But in the end, its very funny, some people scream about piracy, yet they use an illegal copy of XP/Cubase/VST's/Whatever and dont think that is wrong at all :D

Guest Elysium

what is a crime here, isnt a crime there. Still morally right or wrong.... oh well, I dont buy from them.... ;)

But in the end, its very funny, some people scream about piracy, yet they use an illegal copy of XP/Cubase/VST's/Whatever and dont think that is wrong at all :D

623706[/snapback]

If that was directed at me you could not be more wrong. I actually did pay for my Cubase some years ago and since then have paid for updates. And most Vsti's I paid for too. Some I try out before I buy them and those I did not pay for i get rid of because I got no use for them. Just as people listen to the music before they buy it.

I am tired of all the endless excuses that do nothing but mock artists who also come to these forums. And the endless attempts to justify that many have their hands way down the cookie jar.

Do your thing but keep it to yourself. Or be man/men enough to admit what you do and then take the whipping as a man after and stop accusing the artists for your wrong doings.

The day comments like these stop is a good day.

"artists are greedy"

"artists make tons of money form gigs"

"artists should get a real job"

"without p2p you would not be know"

eyc. etc.

Guest Elysium

It's a crime only if it's illegal..

623703[/snapback]

I know it's not a crime in Russia. But then Russia have to take the heat. Anyway i do not really care about Russia. That country is so corrupt and nothing to do with Democracy. It's a Country lead by a Dictator and the mafia.

They should keep their hands off international music and just offer Russian artists then. OR apply to the international community who do not want to accept their anarchy laws.

If that was directed at me you could not be more wrong. I actually did pay for my Cubase some years ago and since then have paid for updates. And most Vsti's I paid for too. Some I try out before I buy them and those I did not pay for i get rid of because I got no use for them.  Just as people listen to the music before they buy it.

I am tired of all the endless excuses that do nothing but mock artists who also come to these forums. And the endless attempts to justify that many have their hands way down the cookie jar.

Do your thing but keep it to yourself. Or be man/men enough to admit what you do and then take the whipping as a man after and stop accusing the artists for your wrong doings.

The day comments like these stop is a good day.

"artists are greedy"

"artists make tons of money form gigs"

"artists should get a real job"

"without p2p you would not be know"

eyc. etc.

623713[/snapback]

No, I wassnt talking to you in particular, and you DO KNOW that I of anyone that you know is trying to work very hard for the artists in the scene....

but I think that we are very easily screaming piracy when it comes to music, but when it comes to software or movies, everyone just shuts up... I mean, I see loads of people watching movies that are not even released on this forum :D

So, I think:

If you are not an absolutely clean soul when it comes to piracy, you are not really allowed to complain.... thats all I am saying here :D

Guest Elysium

No, I wassnt talking to you in particular, and you DO KNOW that I of anyone that you know is trying to work very hard for the artists in the scene....

but I think that we are very easily screaming piracy when it comes to music, but when it comes to software or movies, everyone just shuts up... I mean, I see loads of people watching movies that are not even released on this forum :D

So, I think:

If you are not an absolutely clean soul when it comes to piracy, you are not really allowed to complain.... thats all I am saying here :D

623715[/snapback]

So basically you are saying it''s ok to be a pirate because some artists watch an illegal movie or have a cracked vsti... I dont agree. It got nothing to do with what your neighbour do. It got everything to do with what you do - speaking in general terms. If everybody ran around and said "buhu you do this wrong so i dont have to do this right" then where are we? Totally loss of morality and ethics my friend.

I do not think it's cool that some artists watch an ilegal movie or have a cracked version X. But it can never justify the systematic and organised piracy. And yes everybody has to clean before their own door. Including those who do not pay for the music. Excuses are not valid.

And ask yourself IF many of those artists would not pay for the vsti's if they could afford it IF they got payment for their work making music ;) Not that i justify them BUT there is a red thread here. And I can easily understand why probably many artists now say fuck it all.. If they do it I will do it since I get spit at by so many people who love my music but refuse to give me anything back.

Again for those who might need the information. We are not fighting. We are debating. Nemo and I are great friends in real life :) Bless your bellies.

623706[/snapback]

Yes well I don't buy from them either. I mean I can download that stuff 100% free from other places, why would I pay for pirated material? :rolleyes:

That being said I do try to eventually buy the albums I like.

I think some people believe it's okay to illegally download from the rich! ie Hollywood movies & big successful music stars! "Who are you hurting? They make loads of money anyway." It's still stealing though.

My Dad uses that sight, he loves it. He's such I pirate I want to buy him an eye patch for christmas :D

And the award for the "hypocrite of the year" goes to....

623753[/snapback]

And the award to the most disgusting avatar goes to.

623758[/snapback]

And the award for not being able to let go is shared this year and goes to...

Guest Elysium

And the award for not being able to let go is shared this year and goes to...

623775[/snapback]

Good point. Maybe a Pavel "Detoxation" from the general section is the ultimate solution? ;)

*Personally I do not think it's any solution and wish the dude would relax and let things go and accept my many many attempts I have made to make a "seasefire" with him - without luck it seem*

sorry off-topic

Good point. Maybe a Pavel "Detoxation" from the general section is the ultimate  solution? ;)

*Personally I do not think it's any solution and wish the dude would relax and let things go and accept my many many attempts I have made to make a "seasefire" with him - without luck it seem*

sorry off-topic

623785[/snapback]

It's very hard, but it's possible. Just look at me and Seraph :)

sorry for even more off-topic. I'm off now..

Guest Elysium

It's very hard, but it's possible. Just look at me and Seraph :)

sorry for even more off-topic. I'm off now..

623786[/snapback]

off-topic:

I think it's Utopia to think Pavel would ever agree on a seasefire with me but maybe I will be surprised some day.

But to show my good will once again as I did before in the past without success.

Pavel I propose a seasfire with you. You do not have to love me but can we agree on ignoring eachother?

623715[/snapback]

DAMN right!

I downloaded some years ago but i turned myself completely against it. I don't know about the musicscene but movies and television feel the money loss.

In the past a movie or TV production in Belgium you would have a cameraman, 1st assistent and 2nd assistent. Who were all payed.

nowadays, the famous actors or producers won't feel the difference but a 2nd camera assistent is a rarity, almost non existing. They are replaced with free jobs called cable assistent, instead of a payed job 2nd camera assistent. The best way to get into a mediacompany is to start as a 2nd camera assistent, but now it's called cable assistent and not payed. So alot of freelancers are often ripped off. The companies don't want to pay the moneyloss, (al least not all of it) so they shove it down a bit to their employees.

In Belgian movies nowadays Sound engineers and boom operators are promissed a certain percentage of the profit. If they don't know that all belgian movies in history ended with great loss, except one, who ended on break even, then they are ripped off.

So they work 5 months on a movie, then hear the producers lost money, and will not get payed a single €.

Hollywood's answer to piracy is that they will aim at a public that doesn't download. movies for -18 or movies that will appeal to the biggest public.

You wonder wy hollywood has been releasing all these silly actionhero movies? Well because the producers investigated who will watch them and concluded that the people who visit cinema's the most often are 12-16 year old. So that's why they focus to produce movies for that public because it garantuees the most profit.

So everybody should think twice before they download the next movie cause you will not harm the industry but the people working for the industry!!! that PISSES ME OFF! and makes me really really sad. :(

In the end i think the media platform will be transformed more into a quantity platform with more input from 3rd party then TV channels. So quality drop.