Asia 2001's music

Guest antic

Guys, I'm trying to find some samples of their old stuff (Live, Ra etc.) but to no avail...

Could anyone post some links or send me low quality mp3's?

Thanks in advanvce :)

and anything he made after it sucks ass

621731[/snapback]

wow thats a bit harsh obviously you have never heard psykadelia you might want to try sometime before you make harsh statements like that all those people on discogs who give it 5 out of 5 cant be wrong can they <_<

Guest Cosmogenesis

and anything he made after it sucks ass

621731[/snapback]

I half-agree with Mike A's statement. I always thought that "Live" is, by far, his best album, and then his other albums haven't been able to reach the same feeling and originality.

But I think all of his productions are globally good, even if I have to admit that his style is sometimes quite similar from an album to an other, and becomes quite repetitive at the final. :)

• 2 years later...

I had avoided Asia 2001's music for a long time due to its presentation. Album and track titles seemed uninviting, somewhat uninspired and weirdly spelled... but I just got a couple of his albums in a cheap Taiwanese compilation (Ama Zone + Dreamland) and I'm really enjoying them.

This melodic, uplifting music scratches the goa itch big time while some of the new school stuff seems a bit forced or overlayered in comparison. I wish someone made music this uncomplicated, driving and effective today.

Vertige (Paradiso Mix), Kalimba, Replicants, Flirt Filter and Lokayatikas are a few Asia 2001 tracks I remember really liking. Other then that, I have to admit I consider him to be one of the corniest goa trance producers I've had the chance to listen to.

No more than two chance worthy tracks per album. There you have it.

• 2 months later...

Rakshas is my favourite, rolling track with acid flying all over the place. I find Asia 2001 very hard to like during home listening, imo its more for the body.

I've enjoyed his tracks very much. I wouldn't be averse to him attempting a new goa album. Any chance you can do that Suntrip?

Mdk

ASIA 2001 is one of my favorite French artists. I'm fan happy.gif It is thanks to Gilbert Thevenet I discovered goa trance in 1996.

True, he uses strange and complicated titles. But when I listened for the first time; Lokâyatikas, Kalimba, Rakshas & Bengali; total trip in oriental countries.

The melodies are very attractive and cinematic atmosphere. He has also used the Stargate (movie) universe (samples, ambience).

But all of his albums are a killing and sell at the price of gold.

*Live, Ama Zone, Strange World, Amnesia are my favorites albums.

*Dreamland & are nice and what about Dawn To Dusk wub.gif

*Concerning Abduction, I was a little disappointed :(

But for those wishing to purchase tracks, there is Amnesia (oustanding best of). You'll find most of its pearls wink.gif

He has many very interesting project as Red Aum, Komaklub & Phushmataha that we find in Galactic Nebula (excellent v/a).

we have also Psychédélique Transition - Andromède, Spirit Of Goa Trance Vol. 1, Goa Exit nice

I'm very pleased that his albums are reissued again or new album laugh.gif the dream!!! Thx Gilbert!!