New Astral Projection

Lu Bu

I know alot of people do not like the new direction they are going in. "Mainstream" "Clubbly" whatever you want to call it I have done some not so coincidental research.

I recently got the mix of open society off their myspace and the prophecy. I put them on my ipod for when i am training. I have butterfly trip first, reaching out second, open society third, the prophecy fourth, dancing galaxy (on a mission remix) fifth and nilaya sixth. what i noticed is open society, yes new style, also feeling like it lacks something i feel it works good for the opening track of an album. I like the sample. Then the prophecy, yes again new style and sounding very fullon-ish but i like the power. It has some energy to it that fits the purpose, and doesnt let up, then the build, very clubby but effective. Then when dancing galaxy comes on the energy level drops a bit.. maybe because ive heard it so much or because its old? Who knows.. alls i know is i like the new style!

Oha ... Open Society on their myspace? AP got a myspace?

(gosh, I quite have abandoned this artist couple since their somewhat not that cool release of "Ten"...)

*checking*

Oha, indeed.

Hey ... that is quite good stuff. I mean, really. I never hated AP for their new style anyway ... although this is not what I expected, it's pretty fullonish. But it has a lot of energy and I like that ... this energy and this bit of AP style still in it is really not bad. Of course it can't really be compared anymore to their earlier oldschool works, but it's nevertheless quite good. I like the first half better btw :)

The new Astral style is bullshit, ofcurse it has a bit energy but the fucking awful rolling basslines destrois everything, it is very annyoing, the monotone synthsounds and the fucking fullon FX damage the track aswell, there are so good synths and making music has become so easy and they produce this mainstream shit.

The new Astral style is bullshit, ofcurse it has a bit energy but the fucking awful rolling basslines destrois everything, it is very annyoing, the monotone synthsounds and the fucking fullon FX damage the track aswell, there are so good synths and making music has become so easy and they produce this mainstream shit.

610183[/snapback]

I object sir! The prophecy is a good track. If you listen close it has old elemtents with the new. Maybe im lucky enough to hear the track over and over and over throughout the day with my earbuds and ipod when im training. Something about running 8 miles and trance seems to fuse together. who knows B)

Lu Bu, nice avatar man, make's me think of one of those Tekken characters.

610269[/snapback]

Thanks brother! Well the hoodie is a lithium i got from planetx, the pants Diao Chan gave me, the shoes are quiksilver, the sunglasses i got a long time ago on the jersey shore, and the jackass pose.. priceless. hahahahaha really though thanks, guess that particular moment was good one :D

Thanks brother! Well the hoodie is a lithium i got from planetx, the pants Diao Chan gave me, the shoes are quiksilver, the sunglasses i got a long time ago on the jersey shore, and the jackass pose.. priceless. hahahahaha really though thanks, guess that particular moment was good one  :D

610291[/snapback]

Yeah, it's cool. I want some pants like that, but I guess I have to earn them by learning how to break a guy's spine with two fingers first, eh?

Haven't heard the new stuff yet & I don't own "Amen", but somehow I can't imagine AP making really shitty music. Maybe different then before, but that's called evolution, no? They've been critisied over the years for sounding the same over&over&over again, so after 10yrs it would be kind of a shame if they still sounded like SFX, I guess.

Going to check out the new album, but not sure if I will buy it. Even if it's full-on, I'm pretty sure it will be way better than 90% of the other full-on that's coming out.

(YES, I've got a soft spot for Astral)

Even if it's full-on, I'm pretty sure it will be way better than 90% of the other full-on that's coming out.

610397[/snapback]

it is :)