Talpa - Cindarella [ Sundance Rec ]

Too chaotic for me, I dont like the style, but great to see that there is going to be another quality release on Sun Dance (Taste doesnt always matter!!).

I like what I hear on these extracts more than the previous album from Talpa though, and I am really looking forward to hear the final product!

Hope you surprise me in a positive way Mr. Talpa! Posted ImagePosted Image

indeed the next album would be nice if it was a bit more subtle and not that overloaded but the same concept...

Tracklist:

01. Intro

02. And Then Suddenly

03. Detectives on the run

04. When The Somberness Become A Game

05. Handamde Dreams

06. Out For Salvation

07. I can Make Full ON Too (Animal Instict Edit)

08. It's Just Her Game

09. Anybody seen my intro?

10. Cindarella

11. BONUS TRACK

and couple of samples :

http://www.talpa.info/Talpa-Detectives_On_The_Run.mp3

http://www.talpa.info/Talpa-When_The_Sombe...come_A_Game.mp3

Interesting track list titles.

I'm really looking forward to this album. It's been 3 years.

I like the second track sample much more here.

The first track sample is alright, playful, the flute is cute. But where is the attitude?, the zest, and emphasis on wild, buildup, intricate, psychedelic? It sounds too gentle to me but other tracks will likely compliment it in variety. Naturally it's just a part of a track and a variaty of solid songs is what I'm looking for... although I generally found his work great on the debut. I imagined that debut style being taken to the next level..

The second track sample is infinitely better. There's more punch, movement, attitude, melody. It has more energy, strength, and *oomph* ... I like it.

Again however, the tracks seem to have so many parts and elements as opposed as coming together in strong, awesome formation, direction. Let the sounds, melodies breath at time the way they did in First Ray of Light and Back to Dreaming on the debut for instance, but stronger than that. Actually, I hope there's an awesome downtempo/downbeat song here kinda like "First Ray..." but not good as that was IMO, SUPERB. I loved the how that song built up in it's final third. It changed and improved as it developed. I like that, the voices, speed/beat. That opening song got really interesting and great from 5:15 - 7:20.

I loved the melodies in People Are Animals. That was like magical sounding and I'd love to hear strong, impressive melody/sound formation, mixing like that. You ride the waves of sound and are pulled into the world of sound created. I love when his mixing gets intricate, occasionally chaotic, and I hope there is some really awesome work here that is more liquid, elegant, flow and melodies so to speak. POWER. Think POWER. Make it a POWERFUL album! Boom.

I hope Talpa doesn't lose his occasionally dark edge while making it even more exciting, animated, dymanic, engaging, powerful, imaginative, catchy. The samples sound nothinig like his other, more spontaneous, occasionally chaotic style. I hope there's some super/killer and badass dance-friendly psytrance songs here. I honestly found tracks like My Kingdom and The Moon great on his debut, tracks that got people going, great on the dancefloor too. But his work has evolved so beyond these songs now I'd imagine. But does different and better to Talpa mean better for us?

Flora will sing again in one track...Cindarella, but still got nothing from her..girls :)

Excellent. Her voice really complimented the album. The voice in First Ray of Light, Trust No Goblin, and The Moon. Hopefully this will be a powerful song. Those voices can do amazing things to the music at times. I wouldn't hesitate to ask if her voice could be at times existent in 1-2 other songs but maybe the song wasn't written to compensate it.

I've updated my Talpa - The Art of Being Non review on page 3 here.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...37&hl=talpa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty nice... but don't think its for the album or in that case the album title has been changed :o

I think the name has been changed, at least "when the somberness becomes a game" is the album title according to Talpa's myspace page. Does anyone have any idea when this album will be out?

Does anyone have any idea when this album will be out?

+1 ;)

• 4 weeks later...