Ka-Sol - Fairytale

Charlie

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sut/sut1cd005.html

I understand a number of you finally have this now and was wondering what you think of it, did it meet your expectations?

I got it this morning, only listened to it once but it seems pretty good and in some ways reminds me of Pleiadians' IFO album. I don't like all the tracks, especially those with the semi-full-on beats, but it's a welcome addition to my catalogue. I think track 4 and, in particular, track 10 stand out the most. Good stuff.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant album! I will definitely play some tracks in my sets and I dream about hearing this deep night / just before sunrise in the forest! :)

One of the few highlights for me this year! Go, go KaSol and Suntrip! =)

Brilliant album! I will definitely play some tracks in my sets and I dream about hearing this deep night / just before sunrise in the forest! :)

One of the few higlights for me this year! Go, go KaSol and Suntrip! =)

527670[/snapback]

Yay! :lol:

One of the few highlights for me this year! Go, go KaSol and Suntrip! =)

527670[/snapback]

but I thought that God Save the Machine was "da shid!"...?

but I thought that God Save the Machine was "da shid!"...?

527909[/snapback]

I wasn't expecting to hear something like that, especially from TIP - in it's own league (full on) it's the winner.

With KaSol it's all different - I expected a bomb and I got it :D

I wasn't expecting to hear something like that, especially from TIP - in it's own league  (full on) it's the winner.

528004[/snapback]

So which do you prefer?

I wasn't expecting to hear something like that, especially from TIP - in it's own league  (full on) it's the winner.

528004[/snapback]

ok as long as you don't say the same thing next week with yet another album...

Simmer down. It's perfectly legal, albeit rare, to like two releases in one week.

528255[/snapback]

Legal, yes. Cool, no. It's cool to hate everything. I even hate this post!

Simmer down. It's perfectly legal, albeit rare, to like two releases in one week.

528255[/snapback]

of course it is and I'm not complaining... as long as people here don't start saying that EVERY new release is the new killarrgggghhh like on isratrance :ph34r: I mean after all, one of the main reasons for bringing back the reviews section on psynews was because we were tired of all those pseudo-reviews promo threads on isratrance, right?

[EDIT: ok, after reading all my posts again, I can see how some might think I'm spreading around some negative prejudice against this album... that's NOT the case since I actually love Ka-Sol, I've listened to most of his older stuff and some live sets and totally love his style, I was just complaining about the recent trend here on psynews of labeling all new releases as "the best album of 06"... not saying that THIS album in particular doesn't have the potential to actually be the best ;) ]

of course it is and I'm not complaining... as long as people here don't start saying that EVERY new release is the new killarrgggghhh like on isratrance :ph34r: I mean after all, one of the main reasons for bringing back the reviews section on psynews was because we were tired of all those pseudo-reviews promo threads on isratrance, right?

528303[/snapback]

;)

Legal, yes. Cool, no. It's cool to hate everything. I even hate this post!

528287[/snapback]

I hate your post too. :D

528303[/snapback]

Agreed. I'd much rather folk be picky and selective when listening to psy rather than opening their arms wide and embracing most of what they hear.

ok as long as you don't say the same thing next week with yet another album...

528245[/snapback]

Unless there's this new Astrix (many rumours) album coming out from nowhere.

<_<

Come on... I liked GSTM because it's quality stuff, and I couldn't enjoy anything in weeks... and there it goes - GSTM and KaSol one week later.

10/10. Absolutely not like anything else we've seen before. High-class psychedelic with lotsa acidic old school mushroom forest atmospheres :blink: can't describe it, definately album of the year IMO.

GO SUNTRIP RECORDS!!!!!!! B)B)B)