Just for the hell of it pt.2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmogenesis

nice thread :)

here's some of mine (sorry for the bad quality)

Posted Image

Posted Image~

messy  :angry:

514922[/snapback]

I'm afraid by all those cables! :o:ph34r:

that's because of those cables I use reason :)

517627[/snapback]

I love the cables myself, mighty fun and powerful. But in the end, I prefer vsts. Propellerheads should get vst support on reason. Yes, I know I can rewire, but I just can't be arsed in doing it.

I love the cables myself, mighty fun and powerful. But in the end, I prefer vsts. Propellerheads should get vst support on reason. Yes, I know I can rewire, but I just can't be arsed in doing it.

517643[/snapback]

It won't happen, I think... Propellerheads have said a few times that the only reason (haha) Reason is so stable is that they have total control over every aspect of its programming... I guess they feel that adding third-party code in the form of plugins would compromise that stability (although to be fair apps like Cubase and Live get by ok in general :) )

It won't happen, I think... Propellerheads have said a few times that the only reason (haha) Reason is so stable is that they have total control over every aspect of its programming... I guess they feel that adding third-party code in the form of plugins would compromise that stability (although to be fair apps like Cubase and Live get by ok in general :) )

517722[/snapback]

True true, in theory it shouldn't be a problem at all. But it's about business isn't it? They got some nice deals here and there with the rewire technology.

But still, I'd like the malström, subtractor and the screambox as vst. )

517722[/snapback]

True true, in theory it shouldn't be a problem at all. But it's about business isn't it? They got some nice deals here and there with the rewire technology.

But still, I'd like the malström, subtractor and the screambox as vst. )

517724[/snapback]

indeed,Propellerhead could (at least) try to insert vst support without messing with the stability...

maybe on Reason 15.5 :P

I like the cables, too.

Kryptum - Can you tell me what you're using those CV/Gate cables for? I still haven't really experimented with them.

517884[/snapback]

i'm using them to route the modulation waveforms (Mod A and B,also the filter envelope) to the inputs of other parameters like the pitch,index,level...the spiders are there because i wanted to split the single signal from a Mod output into multiple signals...kind of a tree :) later i used the outputs left from the spiders to twist a subtractor some machines below,combining both modulation waveforms...

that's a lead sound,i'll post a sample later

work in progress: 1 month of work, every bit builded up from the ground. animated movie, not a regular visuals mix but visuals mixed with storybuilding

video edit of an animation movie, shapes created in 3DSmax, extra layers made in photoshop, all animated in after effects

Posted Image

scroll right, i've got dualview

Posted Image

all the video layers can be keyframed and extra effects can be added to keyframe

and part of the music for the movie, also work in progress.

Posted Image

link to the music

:unsure::unsure: It's hurting my brains you know :wacko:

Cybernetika, you have no distinct names on the patters. Don't you ever get confused?

517733[/snapback]

Yeah, sometimes, but I usually can remember what I had in which pattern by its length and eventually, by a preview... I'm pretty uncreative in naming my patterns, plus I am too lazy for that... I usually work in unorganized chaos (anyone who tried to collab with me hated me for that :P).

i was expecting to see a lot more cubase here.. for some reason (haha)

:D

519289[/snapback]

Ok then :)

Here's Blue Seal, written by Ryo with help from Steve. It was written in Reason at Ryo's house and mixed using Reason rewired to SX, avoiding the Reason mixer, and at th point in the process represented by this screenshot I had something like 45 Rewire channels active in the project. To get to this stage I exported the track from Reason as a MIDI file and imported it into Cubase and assigned all the MIDI tracks to the correct Reason devices; however not all the Reason automation came across in the transfer so the MIDI tracks in the arrangement in the screenshot consists solely of note and pitch-bend data; I deleted all the note data in Reason leaving all the other MIDI controllers and automation so that the notes would not be double-triggered. The screenshot was taken at the point in the process where I really had to start bouncing stuff down, as you can see from the CPU meter!

This is a single screenshot, by the way; for this project I was using my laptop as a second monitor, via MaxiVista.

Posted Image

[EDIT]I started mixing the track from the top down; the tracks whose parts have been coloured are those that had had been worked on up to this point. All the grey tracks were still coming out of the Reason mixer on outputs 1 & 2.