Goa compilations

vancbc

I'm looking for Goa compilations that are worth purchasing. In addition to most of the recognized classic Goa albums of the era, I have the following compilations:

Tantrance 1

Tantrance 2

Tantrance 4

Tantrance 6

Goa Head 3

Distance To Goa 4

I really enjoy compilations to hear the variety of sounds and music that was produced during the Goa era. Are there any other that are particularly outstanding that I should look for?

I also have Distance To Goa 5 and 6, but those don't quite carry the same magic.

I'm looking for Goa compilations that are worth purchasing.  In addition to most of the recognized classic Goa albums of the era, I have the following compilations:

Tantrance 1

Tantrance 2

Tantrance 4

Tantrance 6

Goa Head 3

Distance To Goa 4

I really enjoy compilations to hear the variety of sounds and music that was produced during the Goa era.  Are there any other that are particularly outstanding that I should look for?

I also have Distance To Goa 5 and 6, but those don't quite carry the same magic.

485539[/snapback]

The tantrance series is pretty renowed. You might wanna check also

dragonfly's Order Odonata series,

Trust in Trance's Goa Vibes series

Trust in Trance's Psychedelic Vibes series,

TIP's colour series (more expensive and collectors item)

TIP Singles series

Can't really say which one I like best. Besides I don't have any of those series complete. I like TIT's series quite a lot though.

Don't they all just contain the same and its just a question of which to pick? Destination Goa does not carry the same magic though. It sounds more directed towards the mainstram audience. Perhaps the success of the series bears witness to this B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

For pure authentic goa compilations:

Distance to goa 1-2-3

Goa head 1-2-4-5

Pulse 1-2-3-4

Trance Experience 1-2-3 (Discobole records)

Matsuri compilations like The Truth of communication

Psychedelic vision series (especially the volume 3 with a special Koyote Records)

There is a lot of compilations, it's difficult to write all of them.

The easiest solution for you is to see on the psydb.net website the goa compilations from 1995 and 1996. In 1997, there are also good compilations, but this year is the beginning of some changes in the goa genre.

buy all Order Ordanata compilations up to 6 or so, because after that it´s just fucking full-on. You can alzo look for other compilations from dragonfly because they are pretty much the best Label for this, and look for some Transient compilations, it is very much stuf out that is great, nothing to copmare with the today´s shit, wish you good luck by finding the cds you´re looking for.

Listen alzo to Cosmogenesis, he alzo recommended nice compilations.

Guest The Journey Man Project

My collection of Goa comps,and what I reccomend (some you have)

Tantrance Vol.1-8

Pulse Vol.1-6

I used to have the entire Goahead seris but I always felt they sounded a bit porrly produced.. might just be... Tantrance 6 is a must by anyones standars tho...

all those compis look great to me as i am in the eternal search of the goa albums that i missed,but i fear that they will be very hard to find... :(

485946[/snapback]

True, but then once in a while you get lucky. I bought tantrance 5 and 8 for 7 euro each in a 2nd hand record shop. :lol:

Aah, the splendor of 2nd hand record shop owners that don't know what they got their paws on ... :rolleyes:

True, but then once in a while you get lucky. I bought tantrance 5 and 8 for 7 euro each in a 2nd hand record shop.  :lol: 

Aah, the splendor of 2nd hand record shop owners that don't know what they got their paws on ... :rolleyes:

485956[/snapback]

apsolutly true

apsolutly true

486024[/snapback]

Thanks! btw it's "absolutely" :)

Well, if we're on naming individual compilations may I refer to Matsuri's "Truth of Communication".

If you are interested I think I know a record shop where I can get you this

http://www.discogs.com/release/321645

for 7 euros sealed. It's a pretty solid release. It's mixed by Paul Oakenfold but don't let that kid you. The tracklisting is the most important, and it's definitely in order. Its a reissue of a dragonfly release ( http://www.discogs.com/release/12454 ), but where that is recorded as one long track, i.e. you can't skip between the tracks, you can skip on this one.

Thanks! btw it's "absolutely"  :)

Well, if we're on naming individual compilations may I refer to Matsuri's "Truth of Communication".

for 7 euros sealed. It's a pretty solid release. It's mixed by Paul Oakenfold but don't let that kid you. The tracklisting is the most important, and it's definitely in order. Its a reissue of a dragonfly release ( http://www.discogs.com/release/12454 ), but where that is recorded as one long track, i.e. you can't skip between the tracks, you can skip on this one.

486108[/snapback]

tantrance 3 available on ebay.com right now

highly recomend :P

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I'm looking for Goa compilations that are worth purchasing.  In addition to most of the recognized classic Goa albums of the era, I have the following compilations:

Tantrance 1

Tantrance 2

Tantrance 4

Tantrance 6

Goa Head 3

Distance To Goa 4

I really enjoy compilations to hear the variety of sounds and music that was produced during the Goa era.  Are there any other that are particularly outstanding that I should look for?

485539[/snapback]

The first choice would be to complete your tantance collection :), personally i got them from vol 1 to 11. From vol 1 to 6 are fully dedicated to goa with a quite nice overall quality.

From vol.7 it statrs to integrates more proggy sounds & the quality is decreasing nevertheless with vol.8 those Tantrance are still quite goa/psychedelic. It's really getting more proggy oriented noticeable with vol.9.

So for Tantrance, pick up vol 3 (with good stuffs from X-Dream, Empirion,Electric Universe,Astralasia,The overlordsMFG,Satori,Cydonia & Spectral), vol 5 according to me has a weak cd 2 but cd 1 is ok, actually better choose vol 7 with Ololiuqui,OVNI,X Dream, Sunkinks,Space Cat,Mandala,Orion remixed by Elysium & the marvelous Chi A-D - Exit Eternity.

Like many already told if you're into Tantrance serie, check the Pulse one. There's a difference between both, Pulse represents more the goa core side which means less magic more power with 303 lines. Same remark as Tantrance, the direction evolves to proggy from vol 8. I think the quality is a bit below the Tantrance one. The best Pulse for me is vol. 4 (good tunes from Ux,Wasabe,Ravebase,Nemesis,Laughing Buddha,Digital Sun,OOOD,Mono Substance).

Distance to goa 2 could be another good choice with Astral projection,Spectral,Hallucinogen,Transwave,Perfect Rinbow &Stanley Shanti + the chillum wallahs.

Definitivly you must pick up some Goa Head, the best is vol.5 (Oforia,Slide,Super Skunk,Aeon,Alien Mutation,Quietman,Shiva Shidapu,Astral Projection,Cosmosis,The Green Nuns,Sun Project).

I've got a mixed compilation that could suit your taste too, it's a double cd 'Trance From Israel' mixed by Dj Guy Sebbag (formerly Astral Projection member). released by Fairway.

Another mixed goa cd i like is Trance 09 'Psychedelic journey (Return) released by Kickin with such artists as Guidance (Chi Ad),Lunar Asylum,Kaaya,Doof,Ux,X Dream.

Thanks for all the great replies here guys. This is really gonna help me out.

I also realized that I have Matsuri - Truth About Communication. I picked it up off e-bay several months ago and was so busy that week that I put it on the shelf and haven't had a chance to give it a whirl yet.

Now for some music hunting............

Thanks for all the great replies here guys.  This is really gonna help me out.

I also realized that I have Matsuri - Truth About Communication.  I picked it up off e-bay several months ago and was so busy that week that I put it on the shelf and haven't had a chance to give it a whirl yet.

Now for some music hunting............

486344[/snapback]

you sinner!!! :P

Thanks! btw it's "absolutely"  :)

486108[/snapback]

I don't quite understand this post. I checked my Matsuri - The Truth of Communication, and the track list is completely different. Mine has Pleiadians, AP, Quirk, Nervasystem, Inscape, Typhoon, Endora and Kailash tracks on it. Anyway, I'm gonna give it a listen this afternoon.

Edit: Wait......hold that thought....I completely get it now. I was misunderstanding the post; you were talking about two completely separate things. Anyway, the good news is I already have both of them.

how can i order from discogs???

i thought i couldnt order,that it was just a reference site!!! :blink:  :blink:

486502[/snapback]

If somebody is selling via discogs you can purchase the item. Otherwise, yeah, it's just a reference site.

... but it's more than "just" a reference site. It's an information bank :rolleyes: It's a haven for music lovers :o And it's a time consumer :ph34r: