Fancy a full length track by myself?

Shaft

I'm feeling a little generous. This track was made a few months back in Garageband 2.0.

The track is very minimal, I wanted the focus on the pads for emotion. There is a synth line at the very end, so please give the track patience, it kinda 'unfolds'... I suppose the style is ambient but it's more than that... IDM? Not sure on the genre placement here. It's just a sad piece...

Bitrate quality is low... Mastering is very poor, I need to work on that... I just want you guys to hear some of my full length tracks now and then. :)

Now I'm working in Reason so the tools I have at my disposal are more than enough for my creative needs - so expect some nicer things in the future (and hopefully an album ONE DAY... hehe)

Upload by YouSentIt - I'll upload again if you need more downloads. Thanks :)

http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=390OIYV...470UPVIFL1UIQUH

Any input is very much appreciated, thank you for your time.

Well, I'm really not a big fan of beatless ambient. This tune might as well be produced by any of the big artists. So I guess it's good :)

450551[/snapback]

I know you're not, I'm working on some more rhythmical stuff, don't worry. Thanks :)

From my quick listen, the note changes could use some better transitioning. Other than that, it sounds like an average beatless ambient track.

450556[/snapback]

Hm... I like the way they blend into each other, you know? Give it a proper listen and tell me what you think. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Man, you have produced a really nice ambient track, even if I think more F.X., maybe small bass, variations, would have given an other dimension, with deeply emotional feelings or sensations. It sounds more like "new age" or something "classical" than "ambient". But the melody is really wonderful. Hope to see soon more from you. :)

agree with everybody..

i'd love to hear something else (or the same track) with a bit more happening on the trancey FX side but thats just what "I" would prefer.

this track made an impression.. i love ambient and so does my flatmate. i played it to him and said hey this is a nice track. he replied "yep it is indeed. whose is it?"

so two more thumbs up from here

I like the melancholic chords, seems a very nice intro to me. But after a couple of minutes maybe you could spice it up with some subtle, airy 'swoosh' sounds and some more FX.. also the second part where the higher notes come in sounds a bit too digital... I wouldn't hold these notes for too long. I like the warmer sound of the first part better.

agree with everybody..

i'd love to hear something else (or the same track) with a bit more happening on the trancey FX side but thats just what "I" would prefer.

this track made an impression..  i love ambient and so does my flatmate. i played it to him and said hey this is a nice track. he replied "yep it is indeed. whose is it?"

so two more thumbs up from here

451493[/snapback]

I like the melancholic chords, seems a very nice intro to me. But after a couple of minutes maybe you could spice it up with some subtle, airy 'swoosh' sounds and some more FX.. also the second part where the higher notes come in sounds a bit too digital... I wouldn't hold these notes for too long. I like the warmer sound of the first part better.

451893[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm going to try adding more effects. I might replace the 'digital' sound (is that the one that comes in at 4:15?) - phobium said it was a little 'harsh' sounding. So I might just come up with one less harsher, hehe. :)

Airy swooshes are what I was thinking... maybe little 'blips' and 'zaps' that pan across the speakers?

Nice...Send plz :)

451901[/snapback]

Patience please! :D

Nice track,if you wanna to show on free distributable mp3 compilation,read topic "Are you interested to show on VA?" in music making and production and let me know.

PEACE

451960[/snapback]

I'll have a think about it but as I take too long to actually make tracks that I'm happy to distribute then I'm not sure. But thanks for the offer. :)

Lovely melancholy... this is something I miss in most ambient released at the moment.

I really like the moment where it sort of breaks loose at 4.20 or so. It jusitifies the monotone start (thus monotone in a good way).

What I would like to hear in this tune is birds! :P Random digital effects wouldn't add anything in my opinion... this song needs real soundscapes - it needs to go outside the listeners "head" if that makes sense :P

I might also add that I didn't really like the sort of trancey effect that pops up ever now and then (for example in the start at 0.22 or so). I totally understand your intention with it, and the sound itself really fits, but it feels a bit malplacé I think. I would like it to be in a higher volume, and maybe increase the delay on it so it doesn't fade away too fast!

Anyway really nice track, I am a big fan of melancholy of this sort. Add some birds and I would be in love :P

Ben, my man - this sounds WONDERFULL... I for one, have no problems with the transitions - they interweave nicely, and I really enjoy the floating, melancholy atmosphere here... It reminds me of a cross between Sigur Ros (without vox) and some movie score that I can't quite place right now...

Of course, more FX wouldn't hurt, but generally I like the track as it is... I guess it could be an icy-cold/artic intro to a faster track or something... Whatever it is, I sure enjoyed it... :)

/DP

Lovely melancholy... this is something I miss in most ambient released at the moment.

I really like the moment where it sort of breaks loose at 4.20 or so. It jusitifies the monotone start (thus monotone in a good way).

What I would like to hear in this tune is birds! :P Random digital effects wouldn't add anything in my opinion... this song needs real soundscapes - it needs to go outside the listeners "head" if that makes sense :P

I might also add that I didn't really like the sort of trancey effect that pops up ever now and then (for example in the start at 0.22 or so). I totally understand your intention with it, and the sound itself really fits, but it feels a bit malplacé I think. I would like it to be in a higher volume, and maybe increase the delay on it so it doesn't fade away too fast!

Anyway really nice track, I am a big fan of melancholy of this sort. Add some birds and I would be in love :P

452190[/snapback]

Birds! Of course! Thanks a lot, that's I think what is missing in this piece. :D

I'll throw out the digital effect I think, I don't particularly like the digitalness of it hehe... :) Perhaps some water effects, or rain or something? Natural sounds? :)

I liked the beginning, when the pads were softer. I'm not a huge fan of those 80ies sounds either. It's a good production, but still it doesn't have anything that makes me remember if after the song ended...

I liked the beginning, when the pads were softer. I'm not a huge fan of those 80ies sounds either. It's a good production, but still it doesn't have anything that makes me remember if after the song ended...

452255[/snapback]

80ies sounds? :huh: You mean the digital effects things? Yes I'm working on those. :D

I've noticed that the file has expired, so if anyone else wants a listen, then post here and I'll upload it again for you. :)

I've noticed that the file has expired, so if anyone else wants a listen, then post here and I'll upload it again for you. :)

488007[/snapback]

I think you should upload your track in higher bitrate if you want more accurate feedback. The sound quality is one of the most important thing in such kind of "minimal music". :)

I think you should upload your track in higher bitrate if you want more accurate feedback. The sound quality is one of the most important thing in such kind of "minimal music".  :)

488493[/snapback]

Maybe. But I feel that I have got good feedback on my music, rather than my ability to mix and master etc. The main focus I feel should be on the music, rather than the bitrate.

Here is the download for anyone else who wants it:

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ES9WTP...LB2NJV64IA057N7

Maybe. But I feel that I have got good feedback on my music, rather than my ability to mix and master etc. The main focus I feel should be on the music, rather than the bitrate.

Here is the download for anyone else who wants it:

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ES9WTP...LB2NJV64IA057N7

488621[/snapback]

192kbit or STFU.