bpm

furthur

i feel sorry for the people with 'absolute tonal ear' .. or what its called in english

439143[/snapback]

The people who know what key a piece of music is in? I think we call it "perfect pitch". Most people learn it, some have it naturally. Why do you feel sorry for them?

My favourite BPM is between 120 and 140.

I say that that range is SPIRITUAL range, everything below 120 bpm is MIND range and everything above 140 bpm BODY range...what do you say ? :rolleyes:

My favourite BPM is between 120 and 140.

I say that that range is SPIRITUAL range, everything below 120 bpm is MIND range and everything above 140 bpm BODY range...what do you say ?  :rolleyes:

439148[/snapback]

Are we talking strictly about psytrance? Then maybe. But I'd personally increase the top range to 150.

The people who know what key a piece of music is in? I think we call it "perfect pitch". Most people learn it, some have it naturally. Why do you feel sorry for them?

439145[/snapback]

yea,, well nobody knows if it can be learned or gift from birth, but why i fell sorry is becuase djs lower or decrease bpm which changes the pitch, so having perfect pitch makes it intolerable to listen

yea,, well nobody knows if it can be learned or gift from birth, but why i fell sorry is becuase djs lower or decrease bpm which changes the pitch, so having perfect pitch makes it intolerable to listen

439151[/snapback]

Interesting point. I played one of my tracks once for a friend with perfect pitch, and he said it was between keys somewhere. I'm sure he though I was a musical slacker. Me, I was thrown because I thought I'd set my pitch to a standard key.

Well, a track doesn't sound bad because the pitch is between keys... The relationship between the different notes are still the same, which essentially is what makes the music.

Am i right?  :blink:

439287[/snapback]

I think he meant that one of the synths/melodies were out of key compared to the rest of the track?

I think he meant that one of the synths/melodies were out of key compared to the rest of the track?

439291[/snapback]

That's going to sound bad/abrasive to anybody - not just those with perfect pitch.

I say that that range is SPIRITUAL range, everything below 120 bpm is MIND range and everything above 140 bpm BODY range...what do you say ?  :rolleyes:

439148[/snapback]

nice classification ... although I'd set differnt limits ... especially for the Mind/Spriritual border. I agree that high bpm is only good for my body anymore, my mind can't follow it and digest it so good anymore. For the mind it's good when it's ambient actually ... or very low bpm. That is good for the mind. And for the spirit. Well, it depends on the music too. My most favourite stuff is the groovy stuff lately. Higher bpm I only use for fast running anymore - or when I'm very happy about something I put it on and dance through the flat :)