goa/middle eastern sounds

so light so dark

if you want eastern listen to ozric tentacles...this is not trance;it is psychedelic progressive rock with jazz-funk-dub influences.

436579[/snapback]

ozric tentacles is great, but it hasn´t sounds from rock.The hallucinogen mix of parathonton or how it was called is really awesome, nice dub sounds with the great ozric sounds.

Ott's Blumenkraft has a very Indian/Middle Eastern sound to it.

If you want something faster and more trancey, try Shakta, Etnica or MFG; they all feature quintessential Goa melodies and samples.

ozric tentacles is great, but it hasn´t sounds from rock.The hallucinogen mix of parathonton or how it was called is really awesome, nice dub sounds with the great ozric sounds.

436802[/snapback]

of course.it has sounds from psychedelic progressive rock with jazz-funk-dub influences ;)

chill:

Makyo

Toires

Pete Namlook & Burhan öçal - Sultan (series)

Vangelis - Roxane`s Dance, Eastern Path, Gardens of Delight

Tracks from Alexander soundtrack, just very nice to get in the right atmosphere.

My own short track :Phttp://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30967

437252[/snapback]

Are you just kidding or what, vangelis does gospelmusic and not chillout, the music of vangelis isn´t listenable in psytrancers ears.

Are you just kidding or what, vangelis does gospelmusic and not chillout, the music of vangelis isn´t listenable in psytrancers ears.

437261[/snapback]

Autistic? :P

For me, stuff like Vangelis is pure nostalgia like e.g. celtic, folk and synthesizer since i grew up with that music.

Anyway, check out Paul Oakenfold's Essential Mix: Goa Silver & Gold. He mixes e.g. Vangelis into (good) progressive and goa trance. Very well done.

http://www.discogs.com/release/201325

(You should just get this one if not only for MWNN - Sugar Rush (Raw Cane mix) :) no kidding, its a good mix.)

I really hope some day someone mixes Enya into such a mix, or mixes an Enya track itself. Epona or Boadicea for example.