Forest Psychedelic Trance

Cybernetika

Hi,

once again a "looking for.." topic. This time I want some recommendations for Dark "Forest" Psytrance/Goa. Of course I know Ka-Sol and the Schlabbaduerst Comps which are the absolute reference for this style. I think stuff like Derango also fits this description... But I want more!

I am preparing a pure forest trance mix so you all will be able to profit from some good suggestions :)

Thanks! :)

the first Kluster album! Mushy Mystery has some tracks in that style, Procs album, everything from Little Blue Man, Weirdo Beardo, Tamlin, some tracks on the Schizm compilation, Alienated & Sensphere... That are the first ones that pop up into my mind :)

Para Halu - The World Of Peace

i think.

if think most forest trance is not that dark (ka sol en Schlabbaduerst Comps are exeptions)

check :

g.o.w and sideprojects

neuron compost

old hux flux

vicious spiral

alrune

zoolog

dronebixie

some sienis

bodhisattva

check suomi (totally not dark but highly psychedelic)

there is simply not enough of this kind of music !!!!

Oh sadly there's not much of this style out there :P

Ofcourse the Boldly Audio compilation is a good choice (with artists like Traskel, Derango and the rest).

You might also wanna check out Jahbo's and Terminator's tracks on the recently released compilation Phenix.

this whole 'forest sub genre' is ridiculous anyway

...some other stuff from stoneage

432002[/snapback]

I second that. Stone Age has released some great "forest-music".

Maybe try-out Sundance records too, with releases like Vibraspirit 23.. :)

and Parvati too..

if think most forest trance is not that dark (ka sol en Schlabbaduerst Comps are exeptions)

check :

g.o.w and sideprojects

alrune

zoolog

432013[/snapback]

Hehe, the Århus-guys definitley makes some crazy psy. Maybe Jahbo - Morphadelic, I just love that sample, he uses from Asterix. :)

alienated - ff

orichalcum - live

orichalcum & the deviant - orichalcum & the deviant

the best of dark sound, pure danish madness. :)

(I think these so called "dark artists" should really listen to this stuff first to get some inspiration...)

I'm exploring it too. I like bark, moss, elves and trolls in my music. I can't get enough of the Schlab sound, and that comes too seldomly. Derango is too foresty for me, but Stone Age in general is a good bet (the Steptime album is really good, but not *great*). I'm in the process of checking out stuff like Miraculix, Para Halu, Kemic-Al, Twisted System and Psyfactor. If any of those fit the bill I'll report back. Good luck. :)

there is also the "electric kool-aid" compilation from kavatar rec. its quite foresty,i recommend to check it out. :)

432881[/snapback]

idd, it contains one of the best hux flux tracks and one of the few released paranoic sensations tracks only drawback but it is very hard to find ....

you should also check out the http://www.resonantearth.com/