Need information about

I need informaiton from artists/people working in labels. I wanna know how to get in contact with a label and ask to Join if they like my stuff. How does it go, must i burn a promo CD and send it to the Label or how does it work, please help me.

The best way is to do a promo album and send to the label

But dont you think its too early for that?

420425[/snapback]

No coz end of next weeki will become 18, i don´t say i will send an promo album now but in a few months maybe, i will affort as much as possible for the promo album all sounds, precussion and fx must sound well, thanks for your adivce. Can anyone tell me which is the best label for really oldschool goa trance or should i do newschool style like in Tranceform or Suntrip even if i more prefer real oldschool.

No coz end of next weeki will become 18, i don´t say i will send an promo album now but in a few months maybe, i will affort as much as possible for the promo album, thanks for your adivce. Can anyone tell me which is the best label for really oldschool goa trance or should i do newschool style like in Tranceform or Suntrip even if i more prefer real oldschool.

420428[/snapback]

I wasnt talking about age radi. I was talking about experience in production

Its not easy to get a record deal right on the start...and only by posting music on the internet. You have to do live acts first, start to have a space in your own psyhedelic ground. Then think about record deals

Off course, this is a not rule. I am just saying that it will be easier for you to gather some experience on production first

Noone else who has information about the topic, i can´t believe this, the people here are too much in the Offtopic forums so it would be good if there would be a limitation of posts and topics per day coz this is a psyforum and not a standart chatroom.

You have to do live acts first, start to have a space in your own psyhedelic ground. Then think about record deals

420430[/snapback]

I think it's actually more probable the other way around...? There are millions of smalltime labels out there, and if you have something good, that fits their particular taste, then a promo is the right way to go.

I think it is waaay easier to get a live-gig if you can put some affiliated label after your band name. Who would you hire for a party:

- Amygdala

- Amygdala (Cerebral rec.)

- The second is more probable - plus, if you have a release with samples one one of the big shops (saikosounds etc.) then you have more chances of being spotted. I don't think that there are talent-scouts running around at parties and festivals, only interested in spotting new talents - becuase those who're playing there are mostly DJs and established artists (who have no problems getting a deal) - it's the reverse problem of, say, rock music... I think :)

The easiest still, is to have contacts - I got a track released on Crotus... That wouldn't have happened, if I didn't meet Bes through a mutual friend. If you know someone, try to get them to hook you up... That goes for gigs too.

-A

if you are serious about contacting labels, then you should consider a few things:

1. do some reseach on the labels which you think are best suited to your sound.

i.e. find out who is doing a+r, in this scene the label will in most cases consist of one or two people.

sometimes it is also wise to know who the label djs are, some of them do compilations.

2. contact that person, see if they are actually looking for new artists or the sound youre doing.

never just send out stuff, in most cases it gets ignored. so tell them that you are sending stuff to them

so they remember you and actually open the parcel.

3. always write a letter reminding them of who you are and when you spoke,

also inklude an artist-profile if you have one.

then wait some time, and get in touch again. if they liked your stuff they will remember you.

it can work this way, but it is very, very difficult....dont be disapointed if you dont get replies.

if you are serious then you will continue making music anyway, release or not.

( the best way to get anywhere is to know these guys personaly,

or know someone that knows them..obvious reasons. )

I think it's actually more probable the other way around...? There are millions of smalltime labels out there, and if you have something good, that fits their particular taste, then a promo is the right way to go.

I think it is waaay easier to get a live-gig if you can put some affiliated label after your band name. Who would you hire for a party:

- Amygdala

-A

420906[/snapback]

i second that.....

Noone else who has information about the topic, i can´t believe this, the people here are too much in the Offtopic forums so it would be good if there would be a limitation of posts and topics per day coz this is a psyforum and not a standart chatroom.

420896[/snapback]

ignorant and closeminded bs

thanks but wich labels are most oldschool oriented?

420920[/snapback]

wannabee bs

Guest Elysium

No coz end of next weeki will become 18, i don´t say i will send an promo album now but in a few months maybe, i will affort as much as possible for the promo album all sounds, precussion and fx must sound well, thanks for your adivce. Can anyone tell me which is the best label for really oldschool goa trance or should i do newschool style like in Tranceform or Suntrip even if i more prefer real oldschool.

420428[/snapback]

ROLF :lol:

Sorry Radi but sometimes you make me piss my pants :)

Radi for MOD now !!!!

Ok sorry. Back to the topic :)

Listen mate. If you feel confident enough that your music is of high quality (both musically and production-wise) and that it's something that you with respect for those who "might" would buy it, feel is ready to be released. Then go for it.

But if you think you could do a better job and maybe learn some more and find your own identity (sound) then I suggest you wait.

Contact Mars or Anoebis (Suntrip) here on psynews. But to be honest even they do not really release old-school (IMO). No one really do anymore. That's why it's called old-school ;)

ROLF  :lol:

Contact Mars or Anoebis (Suntrip) here on psynews. But to be honest even they do not really release old-school (IMO). No one really do anymore.  That's why it's called old-school ;)

421090[/snapback]

what is with the old famous labels like trasient records or dragonfly records or Flying Rhino or Phonokol? On suntrip there is only cheesy stuff like filteria and Goasia, only not cheesy artist there is Khetzal and he/they do oldschool.

people here are too much in the Offtopic forums so it would be good if there would be a limitation of posts and topics per day coz this is a psyforum and not a standart chatroom.

420896[/snapback]

Maybe thats where people want to be...Have you considered that. accept it as it is or Find another forum maybe?

- Amygdala

- The second is more probable - plus, if you have a release with samples one one of the big shops (saikosounds etc.) then you have more chances of being spotted. I don't think that there are talent-scouts running around at parties and festivals, only interested in spotting new talents - becuase those who're playing there are mostly DJs and established artists (who have no problems getting a deal) - it's the reverse problem of, say, rock music... I think :)

The easiest still, is to have contacts - I got a track released on Crotus... That wouldn't have happened, if I didn't meet Bes through a mutual friend. If you know someone, try to get them to hook you up... That goes for gigs too.

-A

420906[/snapback]

I see your point :rolleyes:

Its indeed much easier to get a gig if you have a label behind you

but i wasnt mentioning the big or commercial parties. Most of the professional producers from brazil for ex, played on small parties as amateurs long before they got signed

Its a way to gather experience. Radi is asking for an album or record deal right? its not very normal a person to peform his first live act with a track released already

..... but yeah, things works difrent in each place and in each situation :)

I see your point :rolleyes:

Its indeed much easier to get a gig if you have a label behind you

but i wasnt mentioning the big or commercial parties. Most of the professional producers from brazil for ex, played on small parties as amateurs long before they got signed

Its a way to gather experience. Radi is asking for an album or record deal right?  its not very normal a person to peform his first live act with a track released already

421232[/snapback]

If i would do a liveact noone would come to the paty and i wouldn´t get fammous because noone know´s that i make music except some friends but if i make good music and i´am on a well known Label i would get fammous fast and the other good thing is that i would get money.

If i would do a liveact noone would come to the paty and i wouldn´t get fammous because noone know´s that i make music except some friends but if i make good music and i´am on a well known Label i would get fammous fast and the other good thing is that i would get money.

421291[/snapback]

Its not about those "stars" party either :rolleyes:

What i mean is small trance gathering for those who really loves the music, not by people that are looking for "main" live act

Money and Fame are underated too

ha ha, radi, you are simply the best, thats why im giving you this chance of a life - this is ultra psychedelic and you will get money and fame and all the other things that come with them ;)

heres the link to some label that might be interested in your music, i am sure you will find a common language ;) :

psychedelic spirit is here, radi

its not very normal a person to peform his first live act with a track released already

421232[/snapback]

I KNEW there was something not very normal about me... :P - naah, you're right, it's different everywhere. Here in Denmark it seems to me, that there aren't enough "small-time" parties. I could be wrong, I've been out of the loop for a while. Considering the ratio of parties to labels, I would put my money on a deal, and a few released tracks, before spending a lot of time to create a maddening live-set :)

Radi: "but if i make good music and i´am on a well known Label i would get fammous fast and the other good thing is that i would get money."

I'm sorry to be sorta rude, but I think you should forget oldschool. It sounds like you wanna be famous overnight, roll in cash, and fast women. Full-on be thy path young apprentice! :P

-A

Guest Elysium

what is with the old famous labels like trasient records or dragonfly records or Flying Rhino or Phonokol? On suntrip there is only cheesy stuff like filteria and Goasia, only not cheesy artist there is Khetzal and he/they do oldschool.

421167[/snapback]

I dont know about Transient but I doubt they release anyting these days or did they also go down under?

Dragonfly are very inactive and I doubt they will last much longer and they do not release anything that come close to old-school.

Flying Rhino does not excist anymore (RIP)

Phonokol is a cheesy Full On label but hey they might be your ticket to fame and fortune ;)

Suntrip is to me a label that try to be "new" in a old-school way. It's just failed so far IMO. Also with Khetzal who I do not consider old-school at all.