Help w sample identification/looking for similar

Cybernetika

Hey,

I've been listening to Goa Gil's liveset "Mixed Live in Goa" and I heard this godlike tune ... now I need to know the name of this track. I posted this in the identification forum but no one seemed to be able to identify it. If anyone of you got this set too, its on "Spirit - Dawn - Side B" and starts at 23:30.

here are two links to a 2 minutes sample in 128kbps, pick one you like:

http://rapidshare.de/files/10288714/sample...in_goa.mp3.html

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HZHOK0...2E2BXI1F48RUZXJ

I hope anyone of you can help me with identifying this tune.

To give this thread justification to stay in the general forum: I need similar tracks of this unique and very trippy style. Hope you can help me here as well :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

I've been listening to Goa Gil's liveset "Mixed Live in Goa" and I heard this godlike tune ... now I need to know the name of this track. I posted this in the identification forum but no one seemed to be able to identify it. If anyone of you got this set too, its on "Spirit - Dawn - Side B" and starts at 23:30.

406874[/snapback]

At first I thought it was a bit reminiscent of Toi Doi, but the sounds lack his dry noisy style. The melody that kicks in at 0:43 is very trippy, and it is so familiar, but I just can't place it. The break and build up at 1:43 reminds me a bit of Etnica/Pleiadians. The baseline isn't their style though. I'm sorry, I can't ID it, but it's an excellent and very trippy tune! If you ever find out what track it is please post here.

Sorry for replying to this thread so late, but I've been travelling...

Several people PM'ed me asking for help with this one, but sadly I don't think this is a released track. At least I've never heard it before. But I can only agree - this is AMAZING! It's not Etnica/Pleiadians I'm quite sure, but I'm guessing it might actually be australian - I have another unreleased track from about 1997 that is in this style, and it's from australia. But I don't know who made that one either...

Guest djnemo

I have a lot of Dats with unreleased music, and I might have a listen through them. HOWEVER, I cant download the file, because your links are acting up. Care to put it somewhere else?

Guest Elysium

It's for sure from israel. No doubt. I would guess MFG or some other Israeli pre full on artist. And I am serious now.. Not joking.

But it's for sure released. I have heard it before. I will think for a while :)

Edited by Elysium

It's for sure from israel.  No doubt.  I would guess MFG or some other Israeli pre full on artist.  And I am serious now.. Not joking.

But it's for sure released. I have heard it before.  I will think for a while :)

409804[/snapback]

You are my last hope :)

It's for sure from israel.  No doubt.  I would guess MFG or some other Israeli pre full on artist.  And I am serious now.. Not joking.

409804[/snapback]

With all due respect, I think you're way off here. I have a fair amount of israeli stuff from the 95-98 era, and the truly psychedelic elements evident in this track are nowhere to be found in those records. In terms of sounds and production it might be Israeli, but the composition is way more Australian, French, or even Swedish. MFG had plenty of unique trademark sounds and arrangement quirks in 96-98, and I can't hear those in this.

But perhaps there was an underground Israeli scene with this sort of stuff that never got released? Seeing as how pretty much every single crap track from that country got pressed to CD I kinda doubt it, though.

Guest Elysium

With all due respect, I think you're way off here. I have a fair amount of israeli stuff from the 95-98 era, and the truly psychedelic elements evident in this track are nowhere to be found in those records. In terms of sounds and production it might be Israeli, but the composition is way more Australian, French, or even Swedish. MFG had plenty of unique trademark sounds and arrangement quirks in 96-98, and I can't hear those in this.

But perhaps there was an underground Israeli scene with this sort of stuff that never got released? Seeing as how pretty much every single crap track from that country got pressed to CD I kinda doubt it, though.

409822[/snapback]

I do think I am right when I say israeli.. Maybe it's not MFG but the production, kik and the way it float is for sure israeli. Even the sounds used are very typical israeli... I can go to my DAT's and find a lot similar sounding tracks from israeli artists of that period. it's no way Australian.. Australian artists was way more tribal and had their unique own sound at that time..Just as they do today...

And Swedish or French... no way :)

I am very very sure this is from israel. As far as my knowledge of that times music goes. I do not say you know less. Not at all.. I just strongly disagree. :)

I hope my old brain can remember what this is.. It's not an easy one ;)

Guest Elysium

While you're at it you could also identify this track:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30709

It shouldn't be too hard, it's a released track from 1997-1998.

409842[/snapback]

damn i know that track.... i just realised how damn hard it is to rememeber track names/artist names.... but indeed UK sounding.

I will think about this one too

Wow - whan an awesome track Cybernetika... Sadly I don't know it, though I feel I can hear traits of both Etnica/Pleiadians, Koxbox and Shidapu in there - which is like three different countries... Argh!

Get Anoebis, Draeke or Space Mushi on the case... They know this kind of music inside and out...

• 4 months later...

Hearing the track.. this is ODD, as elysium said it might have been played back then a lot but i am not sure i heard it before, 99% is TOI DOI, i am very positive about it.

Seems like a remix or an unreleased old track. Is really that typical sound that i heard on other tracks from him.

Might be one of these tracks:

http://www.discogs.com/release/364358

will check it :)

don't think I've ever heard this one before, great track! Sounds french to me.. Elixir..

Hi y'all!

I have also been searching for that track for 2 years now, since I first heard it on the Live In Goa set. That recording is one of the very best I have ever heard, and its nice and long at 6+ hours :)

Cybernetika, there is a song very similar to that one on Goa Gil - Live in Goa 2000 - Source - Side A - 10:00

Don't you guys think there's a single possibility of someone in a country to make something with a sound that is a little more popular in another country? It's not like all australians or israelians or danes have excactly the same minds... Just because they were born in the same nation. There sure are trends, yes, and they tend to be a bit limited to nations, yes, but a fact is that anyone with a computer and some synths could make a track sounding like any of those "nations".

Whatever the point of this was.

Cheers :)