"Dark" Psy

Guest The Journey Man Project

Wot happened? I mean, going thru my old cd's I find the stuff aroun 2002-2003 really great eg "Voices of madness", Psychotic micro vs trashlords and acid mutants... really great underground sound, real nice goa moments... now this style has gone way to full on... it sounds like a slightly harder version of early skazi... really sad...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only knew the power of the dark side!

One half of the scene has gone pop because of cocaine, the other went hard (but stupid) because of speed. I think that 'underground dark psy' will go as far as 'pop psy' goes, but in different direction. It's like subcultures and kids :) One sees fluffy glowing teenagers dancing on xtc at Yahel concerts, so they go 'underground'... these two compensate each other pretty well... but there's nothing psychedelic left in 99% of these two.

What can we do? Nothing. Support the artists you like :)

hehe yeah for sure well Datakult does something for me, like the madness... still love Fungus funk with a passion... azax syndrom and psychotic micro are the 2 biggest dissapointments for me... their early stuff was uber nice... cannot wait to get to Japan and here the underground tehre... for sure will be madness :D

I was thinking about something lately.

All good music I really love is released between 1999- 2003.

Now DJ's now only play music from 2004-2005.

Old skool parties play music from 1994-1998.

So what we need are organisers that create "MID"-skool parties. I want to hear the good tunes of fractal glider, talamasca, cosma, california snshine, cydonia, and many more again at parties, cause they just vanished.

HAIL MIDSKOOL

HAIL MIDSKOOL

HAIL MIDSKOOL

:wacko:

good point daniël! i always try and fill up the holes in my set with good tracks from that era, wich all the ppl have forgotten.

for example, anyone remember

menog - source energy....? menog's first track ...and still the best

ps: i've just put the first parasense cd in my cdplayer....goddamn i love that cd!

Don't forget to listen scatterbrain and menog - natural behaviour :P

texas faggot.

and who made that track "the nutcracker"? was it benza? a stylish rapement...

deeper in zen

rastaliens

kindzadza - waves from outer space

penta - cinco de mayo

etc

Penta live= best act you'll EVER see. he's one of a kind.

He's my nr 2 best live act i saw, hallucinogen is first

If you want more intelligent, non-full-on Dark Psy,

Do you also have recommodations for the genre more intelligent, non-full-on melodic psy???

artists like menog, fractal glider, talamasca,

It was considered full on back when it was released but it's definatly a different genre as the full on released today. I'm just wondering if it still exists

There are many quality and really dark projects out there. Acts like:

Derango, OSOM, oCeLoT, Electrypnose, DarkPsy, Psykovsky, Scatterbrain, Xatrik, Dark Nebula, Savage Scream, Xenomorph, Naked Tourist and many more. Stick ine the good side of Psy, there is plenty of it.

check out some real dark psy.......

cydonia-in fear of a red planet

sandman-witchcraft

xenomorph-cassandras nightmare/qlippoth

darshan/awakening

psychaos/cause and effect

much better then todays so called dark psy bullshit......

what is it called then???feel free to help me so i can feel better...

405497[/snapback]

It is dark psy, but different from the old school years. I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that artists like KinDzaDza or Penta are not dark. The problem is that many ppl confuse the dark with the scary. Dark Psy means night Psy. Yeah, maybe KinDzaDza music ain't scary or intelligent (although this has nothing to do with the darkness in a track) but you just can't listen KinDzaDza in a morning. Also, many ppl believe that dark psy must be more minimalistic (like Midi Miliz or Hujaboy) which I find completely wrong, since many ''fx madness'' artists are really dark. Anyway I guess the best term for this kind of Psy is ''furious dark psy''.

It is dark psy, but different from the old school years. I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that artists like KinDzaDza or Penta are not dark. The problem is that many ppl confuse the dark with the scary. Dark Psy means night Psy. Yeah, maybe KinDzaDza music ain't scary or intelligent (although this has nothing to do with the darkness in a track) but you just can't listen KinDzaDza in a morning. Also, many ppl believe that dark psy must be more minimalistic (like Midi Miliz or Hujaboy) which I find completely wrong, since many ''fx madness'' artists are really dark. Anyway I guess the best term for this kind of Psy is ''furious dark psy''.

405503[/snapback]

darkpsy for me is psy with dark atmospheric soundscapes....not weird sounds lame samples and a fat beat and then its over, i cant find that dark atmospher,witch imo makes a good track dark....i guess im ridiculous then.,

i guess im ridiculous then.,

405510[/snapback]

Is that ironic? Cause if it is then you didn't understand what I mean. The genre we call ''Dark Psy'' today is suitable only for the night times. That means is Night Psy=Dark Psy. Simple as that. Except if you know anyone who dance with this kind of music at the morning times.

darkpsy for me is psy with dark atmospheric soundscapes....not weird sounds lame samples and a fat beat and then its over, i cant find that dark atmospher,witch imo makes a good track dark....i guess im ridiculous then.,

405510[/snapback]

The dark atmosphere that rests within a dark track. Wow, someone agrees. That's why I find this new "minimalistic" dark crap hard banging metamorphisis techno :-D don't ask. Far away from the dark that I love and enjoy.

dark ambience has retained itself, however while dark psy everyone says "evolved" but why call it dark psy these days? Call it happy hardcore, bahahaaahaaaaa, okay, maybe not :) but whatever.

I think we need a thread "oldskoolahs vs. newskoolahs" so we all can battle it out. These arguments are kind of vague and useless and I feel like every time I discuss why oldschool is better, I'm actually grabbing a bible (and i hate bibles) and beating someone over the head with it, damn fundies.

Aaron

I think we need a thread "oldskoolahs vs. newskoolahs" so we all can battle it out.

405529[/snapback]

Do you believe that me or anyone else here believes that ''newschool darkpsy'' is better than ''oldschool darkpsy''? You're in Psynews.org not Isratrance. But still there is pure dark psy in our days, too.

The dark atmosphere that rests within a dark track.  Wow, someone agrees.  That's why I find this new "minimalistic" dark crap hard banging metamorphisis techno :-D don't ask.  Far away from the dark that I love and enjoy.

dark ambience has retained itself, however while dark psy everyone says "evolved" but why call it dark psy these days?  Call it happy hardcore, bahahaaahaaaaa, okay, maybe not :) but whatever.

I think we need a thread "oldskoolahs vs. newskoolahs" so we all can battle it out.  These arguments are kind of vague and useless and I feel like every time I discuss why oldschool is better, I'm actually grabbing a bible (and i hate bibles) and beating someone over the head with it, damn fundies.

Aaron

405529[/snapback]

no..no..no more "versus"threads please....its enoff with that full on disscusion thats been going on latly......im sick of it.