Should I... or not?

Cinos

Good beatless ambient:

Ishq, Brian Eno, Biosphere, Carbon Based Lifeforms (some tracks)

Good ambient with more beats in it:

Future Sound Of London (and some aliases), Steve Roach (earlier tracks)

Good psybient:

Shpongle, Shulman, Entheogenic, Capsula, Ott, Abakus, Kaya Project, Celtic Cross, Phutureprimitive

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you got the Celtic Cross - Hicksville album yet?

399331[/snapback]

No i ´ve listened previews on saikosounds but i don´t like the other soungs so much, but this is mabe coz i´ve listened just a minute or so to them or coz the monopreviews on saikosounds, for example the track dashannan sound awful on the monopreview, but on stereo it rocks. maybe i get it on christmas.

No i ´ve listened previews on saikosounds but i don´t like the other soungs so much, but this is mabe coz i´ve listened just a minute or so to them or coz the monopreviews on saikosounds, for example the track dashannan sound awful on the monopreview, but on stereo it rocks. maybe i get it on christmas.

399334[/snapback]

It's not at all a trancey album (except for the track Darshannon) but it's very beautiful and unique. A mixture of acoustic guitar and subtle psychedelic sounds.

You definately can't appreciate it in 2 minute samples, it requires sitting back on a comfy couch with the lights down low and the volume turned up. :)

One of my favourite albums.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

I am Israeli.

And btw Shulman are 2 now. Yaniv Shulman and Omri Harpaz (DJ Omi, 40%)

399083[/snapback]

lol

btw, I think I prefer shulman alone, dont like DJ Omi that much, I hope he won't ruin, cuz if he does, I will assassinate him myself (:

Eilat's also nice but too hot in the summer. Jerusalem's my favourite city though, full of history and culture.

399278[/snapback]

Im used to Eilats heat lol, and yeah, Jerusalem full of culture, but i cant stand the poor houses and streets so I prefer TA (north, lol)

You definately can't appreciate it in 2 minute samples, it requires sitting back on a comfy couch with the lights down low and the volume turned up. :)

399343[/snapback]

Yes, Hicksville is one of my favourite albums. 'Louden' has got to be my favourite acoustic guitar piece just because it conveys so much emotion in simple phrases. 'Fifth Level' is also amazing. Infact the whole album is great. :D

Yes, Hicksville is one of my favourite albums. 'Louden' has got to be my favourite acoustic guitar piece just because it conveys so much emotion in simple phrases. 'Fifth Level' is also amazing. Infact the whole album is great.  :D

399555[/snapback]

Oh, I love "Louden", it's more chill than psy really and I think they should've dumbed that last track out and put "Louden" to finish it off :P

Great album all the way except that last track...

So I got Shulman's In Search of a Meaningful Moment CD today. It's good, very good, beuatiful even... but better than Shpongle? No, definately not. Not in any way, shape or form.

Anyway cheers for starting this thread Cinos, I wouldn't of bought the CD otherwise.

So I got Shulman's In Search of a Meaningful Moment CD today. It's good, very good, beuatiful even... but better than Shpongle? No, definately not. Not in any way, shape or form.

401209[/snapback]

Jesus Shpongle :huh::blink:

now,seriously

Which shpongle album are you comparing this to?

In My H Opinion , according to my taste Shulman is more preferrable...

Jesus Shpongle  :huh:  :blink:

now,seriously

Which shpongle album are you comparing this to?

In My H Opinion , according to my taste Shulman is more preferrable...

401224[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful album, one of the best I've bought in a while but I don't feel it's as good as any of the Shpongle albums as some people were saying.

Oh, I love "Louden", it's more chill than psy really and I think they should've dumbed that last track out and put "Louden" to finish it off  :P

Great album all the way except that last track...

399663[/snapback]

There is no other track like Darshannon...

and Phutureprimitive.

That's it.

397731[/snapback]

Funny, cause I found this cd for 2.95 at my local used cd shop. I didn't have a clue as to who it was, then I got in my car, popped it in the CD player and fell in love. I judged the CD by it's cover after flipping through 8-10k CDs :-D That day, I walked out with Astralasia Something Somewhere *UGH, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!* Phutureprimitive subconscious, and some other one i don't remember cause it sucked just as much as astralasia (i just remember them cause i have all their previous works on vinyl :-/)

Anyways, I haven't listened to much else what people are mentioning :-D I just wanted to vouch with Cinos about Phutureprimitive.

Aaron