New Subforum: "Check Out My Mixes !"

moni

The votes are in... I'm gonna start moving threads to the new mix-forum now...

Please, if you find any mix-threads that you'd like to have moved, post the URL here and one of the mods will move it... Thanx! ;o)

/DP

395390[/snapback]

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27239

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27650

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i care for mixes, i never visit music making, because mixes have nothing to do at all with the other stuff going on in there. Mixes are for made for consumation by the end user, i. e. me and you, the music making section is for producers to ask for know-how and gear related question.

IMHO, make it a subsection of general, or maybe artists/promotional, but I really do think nobody will listen to them in the music making.

394956[/snapback]

I agree with GSH very much.

Mixes are for made for consumation by the end user, i. e. me and you

394956[/snapback]

Just like the "Check Out My Tracks" sub-forum. :rolleyes:

If you have enough time to check 2 hours long mixes, then you have enough time to check the 5 min long samples avaible in the Check Out My Tracks forum :angry:

Just like the "Check Out My Tracks" sub-forum. :rolleyes:

If you have enough time to check 2 hours long mixes, then you have enough time to check the 5 min long samples avaible in the Check Out My Tracks forum  :angry:

406080[/snapback]

No, different thing. The mixes are made out of tunes that have already been put through a screening process (i.e. being released by a label) while the "check out my tracks" forum is work in progress. The first is mainly uploading for promotion and some feedback while the later is mainly uploading for feedback and some promotion.

No.....

406122[/snapback]

No? :huh: No to what? No it's not made for consumation by the end user, or no you don't have time to check this section?

The mixes are made out of tunes that have already been put through a screening process (i.e. being released by a label) while the "check out my tracks" forum is work in progress.

406122[/snapback]

Yes so what?

Furthermore, some tunes being released by labels do sound like a "work in progress" to me :rolleyes: (i.e. some tunes that I hear on this forum are just as good if not better that some released on labels). But sorry, this is off topic.

The first is mainly uploading for promotion and some feedback while the later is mainly uploading for feedback and some promotion.

406122[/snapback]

Ok let's make things clear : what both DJ and producer want is people's attention I think.

To me, it seems like the "Check Out My Mixes !" is not only made for DJs to show their skills(i.e. promotion) but also for people who wants to discover unknown artist or tracks.

I agree that the mixes deserve more attention but so does the "Check Out My Tracks" forum. After all, its just music and you don't need to be a producer yourself to review the track posted there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elysium

Could the mods please wake up and answer back here? ;)

I think it's obvious that most of us want the "new mixes" to go to the general section.. maybe it's time to move it?

yes, all the requests have been taken in consideration. we're discussing it (waiting for all mods to get online and express their opinnion).

i didn't forget, but we said "let's give the Music Making location a chance". i guess it's time to conclude.

Guest Elysium

I am not a big fan of Isratrance (as most know). But they got one thing right. They have separated general technical music production questions and promotion. They have a very alive promotion section. Maybe it's a good idea to make a promotion section in the General section for all kind of promotion incl. mixes, new tracks, releases etc. It's been proven that it work on isra so I am sure it will work here too.

Or even better. Make a whole new Promotion section that's not a subforum but a forum itself just as the general section etc..

I am not a big fan of Isratrance (as most know). But they got one thing right. They have separated general technical music production questions and promotion. They have a very alive promotion section. Maybe it's a good idea to make a promotion section in the General section for all kind of promotion incl. mixes, new tracks, releases etc.  It's been proven that it work on isra so I am sure it will work here too.

Or even better. Make  a whole new Promotion section that's not a subforum but a forum itself just as the general section etc..

413709[/snapback]

that's not a bad idea.

i'll quote you and let all mods see.

though the Artists & Labels Announcements is already a promotional section, but that's just with news and announcements.

we need to put the "products" in the place that psynewsers like better. maybe a new section, like Kris proposed.

I am not a big fan of Isratrance (as most know). But they got one thing right. They have separated general technical music production questions and promotion. They have a very alive promotion section. Maybe it's a good idea to make a promotion section in the General section for all kind of promotion incl. mixes, new tracks, releases etc.  It's been proven that it work on isra so I am sure it will work here too.

Or even better. Make  a whole new Promotion section that's not a subforum but a forum itself just as the general section etc..

413709[/snapback]

Good idea Kris.

Guest Elysium

We are still discussing it.

We're talking about doing some reorganization to the forum. But nothing really decided yet as we have some ideas. We'll keep you updated :)

414095[/snapback]

Hurry up you lazy mofo's I got promotion to post dammit :P

Guest Elysium

haha, basically we are waiting for Mars to get online :)

414100[/snapback]

ahhh I see. That mofo should appoint one of you to take decisions in his absense... Mars if you read this (in a week or so)... You are lazy :P