fullon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The sample sounded fullon with unsignificantly worse production than today.

Not Psychedelic but i'd call it trance anyway.

381600[/snapback]

you can't discuss the production it was bad mp3... I recorded it and don't put good mp3 online...

that's sharing and is not allowed ;)

Then alongside the UK and let's not forget the not so many as today, but at that time already quite commercial, israeli artists  you had much more underground artists and quite strong underground scenes which were very tribal, deep and indeed very psychedelic compared to todays standards.

My take on the past versus today.

381554[/snapback]

i think this boils down your statements to your prefferences quite well, it's not trance and it's not very psy if it's not tribal, deep, and and bit housy... this days... no?

i agree with you most full on is crap, but not all it it's FOB's mate, come on... what about magnetrixx?? tribal, deep, repetition, original, not a single break... it dosen't all fit on the same shelf, thats my point, and generelizing dosen't help...

*Searching for psychedelia*

*No psychedelia detected*

381619[/snapback]

hehe, :D

each searches in a track whatever he/she wants.

at 5:20pm, i looked for "uplifting" in this track.

the scene is big. go run free on the fields. :)

I'm following the for quite a while now and it's interesting to see both side. But in the end it's (once again) about taste. Some people can get in trance with full-on, some can't. Some people find full-on psychedelic, some don't... As you can imagine I belong to the first sort of people in both statements. ;)

I get often pissed-off by the endless full-on bashing here but it's also cool to see that a normal discussion about this topic is possible.

I'm following the for quite a while now and it's interesting to see both side. But in the end it's (once again) about taste. Some people can get in trance with full-on, some can't. Some people find full-on psychedelic, some don't... As you can imagine I belong to the first sort of people in both statements.  ;)

I get often pissed-off by the endless full-on bashing here but it's also cool to see that a normal discussion about this topic is possible.

381638[/snapback]

don't get pissed off Tatsu.

many of us can appreciate a good full-on when we see it.

i was too fuct to talk about the party i went to on friday night, but the full-on set of ATMA was much better than the prog trance sets. the crowd went wild, even screaming like at concerts ahahaha :D

sh1t, a couple drove from 400km to hear ATMA's set (his own music)

don't get pissed off Tatsu.

many of us can appreciate a good full-on when we see it.

i was too fuct to talk about the party i went to on friday night, but the full-on set of ATMA was much better than the prog trance sets. the crowd went wild, even screaming like at concerts ahahaha :D

sh1t, a couple drove from 400km to hear ATMA's set (his own music)

381641[/snapback]

I'll try to, I mean you get used to it after a while! ;)

And I'm glad to hear that the party was good. :) But I'm a bit surprised that even you liked the full-on set better. Seems like it was a blast! Any link to a live set or homepage of the live act?

I'll try to, I mean you get used to it after a while! ;)

And I'm glad to hear that the party was good. :) But I'm a bit surprised that even you liked the full-on set better. Seems like it was a blast! Any link to a live set or homepage of the live act?

381656[/snapback]

well, if full-on can be divided in 2 sides, the good and the bad ...well i'll be damn if you can't do that with every music genre.

there is good prog and lame prog. there is good dark and bad dark. there is good chillout and bad chillout. and so on

the prog sets were too cold, it was psy oriented, but still prog. one prog set started really great, but something went wrong and the dj was replaced.

then the full-on set, which was the best moment of the night, and then another dj who spinned full-on as well, but it wasn't as good anymore. i heard some yahel at some point, and then i left home (i had to wake up 5h later and go to work)

no, no link. i will ask him a few tracks, so i can upload them for you.

even some people asked me "what is neo full on?" and i told them i'll show them.

Sure, there is good and bad music in every genre. Exactly my point of view... There's even some progressive I like! ;)

It would be great if you could upload me some tracks. I'm really curious about this music... Hehe, Moni the music explanator.... ;)

I think Full On is when you play too loud and it hurt your ear... And any music can be like that.

this too fast boring music I call TUBE.

to make realy good minimalistic track is wery wery hard ... all the sounds just have to be perfect and every melody and rhytems just amazing hook. Thats why I think there is so few of them.

It is more easy to make psygedelic music with lot of sound layers.

respect good minimal

bom

pepe

I think Full On is when you play too loud and it hurt your ear... And any music can be like that.

this too fast boring music I call TUBE.

to make realy good minimalistic track is wery wery hard ... all the sounds just have to be perfect and every melody and rhytems just amazing hook. Thats why I think there is so few of them.

It is more easy to make psygedelic music with lot of sound layers.

respect good minimal

bom

pepe

381667[/snapback]

no, maximal rulez :D [fullon sux though]

there exist good fullon... I'm a big old skool fan but I tell you I have good fullon...

it's not the concept fullon that is bad, it's just you not finding the best fullon  :P

sorry mate but I found it  :D

381399[/snapback]

Koen, when you started digging (good? ;)) full on a while ago, you often posted on psychedelic.be that you heard a good full-on track or that a good full on album was released. That made me curious because you like old skool (and so do I) and now it seemed that you liked full on too (me on the other hand didn't like full on at all - still don't like it). So I surfed the web, listened to some samples, didn' like it, listened to it again hoping that I would start to appreciate it, still didn't like it etc etc. Maybe it's just me, but I never heard any difference between what you call good or bad full on.

What I'm trying to say here is... crap... I don't even remember it... :P

Oh, this could be it: all full on sucks (or something lite that :))

And there's a lot of crappy old skool too. Yeah... uhm... maybe I'm just bored with psytrance. Even the "old skool classics" sound (more or less) the same. I guess it's just too hard for psytrance artists to "break" with those typical structures. Whatever :)

Koen, when you started digging (good? ;)) full on a while ago, you often posted on psychedelic.be that you heard a good full-on track or that a good full on album was released. That made me curious because you like old skool (and so do I) and now it seemed that you liked full on too (me on the other hand didn't like full on at all - still don't like it). So I surfed the web, listened to some samples, didn' like it, listened to it again hoping that I would start to appreciate it, still didn't like it etc etc. Maybe it's just me, but I never heard any difference between what you call good or bad full on.

What I'm trying to say here is... crap... I don't even remember it... :P

Oh, this could be it: all full on sucks (or something lite that :))

And there's a lot of crappy old skool too. Yeah... uhm... maybe I'm just bored with psytrance. Even the "old skool classics" sound (more or less) the same. I guess it's just too hard for psytrance artists to "break" with those typical structures. Whatever :)

381748[/snapback]

well the fullun hype is busy for 3 years know and very slowly I'm starting to appreciate it and have to admit some releases/songs are actually very good..., the fullon is getting better and bettter too... fullon of 2004 is much better then fullon of 2003 for example.... it's a proces that started with me... and I'm glad... goa is not dead for me but still alive and kicking and that makes me happy :)