fullon

well i have to admit i havent heard "who needs love songs" yet but somehow i  stereotyped them, i guess i thought they're like an avarage Israeli group, like those mentioned above.

381484[/snapback]

I wouln't call sub 6 progressive, maybe the remixes who were relased by VP... with progressive artists, but who needs love songs is HOMega... since when does that label release prog?

i dunno everybody else, but im getting tired of this full on bashing, yes a lot of it sucks, and is predictacable but if you dare look beyond the 2 second stereotypes people will find good quality music, go check out v/a - build your reactor and tell me thats bad full on, go check out mr peculiar, scorb, did you check out thew wizak twizack?

there's stuff out there, if you dislike full on thats one thing but bashing it cause cause you don't find anything to your taste, is different than bashing it because is just sucks... ;)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno everybody else, but im getting tired of this full on bashing, yes a lot of it sucks, and is predictacable but if you dare look beyond the 2 second stereotypes people  will find good quality music, go check out v/a - build your reactor and tell me thats bad full on, go check out mr peculiar, scorb,  did you check out thew wizak twizack?

there's stuff out there, if you dislike full on thats one thing but bashing it cause cause you don't find anything to your taste, is different than bashing it because is just sucks...  ;)

381499[/snapback]

true, true. good point RAH.

<_<

you ruined this thread with your sound systems.

Edit: you even corrupted euchkuh  <_<

381494[/snapback]

I answered first very well in this thread and helped the thread starter a lot,

I didn't went off topic but those stupid fullon bashers came along and bashed on the quality what has a direct connection with soundsystems...

not that difficult moni.... ruining that thread :blink: ...

well thanx you I expected a more intilligent answer from you <_<

but I don't care, you think what you think, don't want trouble... I won't respond, go ahead... bash me off :ph34r:

Posted Image

381498[/snapback]

shit man i will kill to have something like this, and that costs 7000 what? (all those symbols confuses me) is that euro or english money (pound i think)

p.s about the off topic, my question was answered, so i see no reason why not talking about sound systems

I wouln't call sub 6 progressive, maybe the remixes who were relased by VP... with progressive artists, but who needs love songs is HOMega... since when does that label release prog?

i dunno everybody else, but im getting tired of this full on bashing, yes a lot of it sucks, and is predictacable but if you dare look beyond the 2 second stereotypes people  will find good quality music, go check out v/a - build your reactor and tell me thats bad full on, go check out mr peculiar, scorb,  did you check out thew wizak twizack?

there's stuff out there, if you dislike full on thats one thing but bashing it cause cause you don't find anything to your taste, is different than bashing it because is just sucks...  ;)

381499[/snapback]

so absolutely right... we are so 100% on the same level my friend...

thank you for those great words :)

well thanx you I expected a more intilligent answer from  you  <_<

but I don't care, you think what you think, don't want trouble... I won't respond, go ahead... bash me off  :ph34r:

381504[/snapback]

not YOU, all of you :D

*still wearing the Rain fan club t-shirt*

381499[/snapback]

Also exactly my way of thinking! :)

PS: I know I'm biased because I like full-on, but still... ;)

shit man i will kill to have something like this, and that costs 7000 what? (all those symbols confuses me) is that euro or english money (pound i think)

p.s about the off topic, my question was answered, so i see no reason why not talking about sound systems

381505[/snapback]

English money. Took me a mighty long time to save up for them.

:lol: kris...

overreacting again... I'll give you a link were you say that to me 1 year agoo that the new fullon formula isn't that differnet from all the old skool sounds...

and now you're saying it has nothing to do with psychedelic trance...

I remember kris, don't underestimate me...

searching link now and will edit post  :D

EDIT

this is what you wrote kris and I didn't agree back then

here's the link !

click !

381428[/snapback]

And I still think the same. I also do not think that most of the Goa music had much to do with trance as such. And in that sense yes Full ON and Old-school Goa share that. But when it comes to being commercial then there's a huge difference.

I'll tell you what I consider to be real trance when it come to use the true meaning of the word trance = getting into a stage of trance as a result of the music being repetetive and hypnotic. Tribal artists that make or made repetetive tribal music. Artists like Psychik Warriors Ov Gaia, Excusitive Corpse, Shaolin Wooden Men's early work, Third Eye etc etc. To me thay are the essense of Trance. Not today's Full On "superstars" or even the 1995-1998 Goa artists.

And I could also mention a man Like Robert Leiner and his Source project. That's a million times more trance than anything you hear today.

So yes i do not think Full ON and for that matter Goa have much to do with Trance in it's true essense. But Goa was still way more in the right direction than Full On is. Full On could just as easily be played in a Scooter party and fit in 100%.

not YOU, all of you :D

*still wearing the Rain fan club t-shirt*

381510[/snapback]

ok I felt a bit spotted :lol: X

And I still think the same.  I also do not think that most of the Goa music had much to do with trance as such. And in that sense yes Full ON and Old-school Goa share that.  But when it comes to being commercial then there's a huge difference.

I'll tell you what I consider to be real trance when it come to use the true meaning of the word trance = getting into a stage of trance as a result of the music being repetetive and hypnotic.  Tribal artists that make or made repetetive tribal music. Artists like Psychik Warriors Ov Gaia, Excusitive Corpse, Shaolin Wooden Men's early work, Third Eye etc etc.  To me thay are the essense of Trance. Not today's Full On "superstars" or even the 1995-1998 Goa artists.

And I could also mention a man Like Robert Leiner and his Source project.  That's a million times more trance than anything you hear today.

So yes i do not think Full ON and for that matter Goa have much to do with Trance in it's true essense. But Goa was still way more in the right direction than Full On is.  Full On could just as easily be played in a Scooter party and fit in 100%.

381522[/snapback]

whatever I got you big time :lol::D:P;)

kidding ;)

And I still think the same.  I also do not think that most of the Goa music had much to do with trance as such. And in that sense yes Full ON and Old-school Goa share that.  But when it comes to being commercial then there's a huge difference.

I'll tell you what I consider to be real trance when it come to use the true meaning of the word trance = getting into a stage of trance as a result of the music being repetetive and hypnotic.  Tribal artists that make or made repetetive tribal music. Artists like Psychik Warriors Ov Gaia, Excusitive Corpse, Shaolin Wooden Men's early work, Third Eye etc etc.  To me thay are the essense of Trance. Not today's Full On "superstars" or even the 1995-1998 Goa artists.

And I could also mention a man Like Robert Leiner and his Source project.  That's a million times more trance than anything you hear today.

So yes i do not think Full ON and for that matter Goa have much to do with Trance in it's true essense. But Goa was still way more in the right direction than Full On is.  Full On could just as easily be played in a Scooter party and fit in 100%.

381522[/snapback]

i would say that goa used to be psychedelic , imo.

you are right about most fullon being NOT psychedelic at all, just candy-raving and such, but maybe there are a few exceptions for early full-on genre.

nahh you wish you had  :P

kidding ;)

Doing the rain smiley  :rolleyes:

381531[/snapback]

LOL ;)

you are right about most fullon being NOT psychedelic at all, just candy-raving and such, but maybe there are a few exceptions for early full-on genre.

381532[/snapback]

no no he didn't say fullon wasn't psychedelic, the main statement was fullon has nothing to with goa...

and with that I didn't agree (what is ok off course)

381532[/snapback]

I wonder why on some cd´s is written "psychedelic full on", but it has nothing to do with psychedelic.

I'll write my 2 cents why I find Full ON predictable, boring and nothing whatsoever to do with trance.  And please bare in mind it is my personal opinion and as such it can not be flamed. Taste is taste even though there are a few facts that need to be pointed out here.

Let's take a good look at the word "trance".

Trance is about getting into a stage of trance = in a dream like state caused by repetetive beats as mankind have done throught the world since we could communicate.

Now al ready here we have a huge problem when it come to Full On.  99.9% of Full On, nahh lets be honest now...100%,  I have heard does not live up to that criteria.  Full On use long breaks and build-ups, fast stressed basslines, anthem like melodies (many very fluffy) and that will instantly break any state of trance a person might be in. Even though I doubt that people listening to this kind of music at all know what it will say to be in a state of trance caused by music.

Then we got the whole psychedelic factor. I fail 100% to see anything psychedelic in Full On.  It's electronic pop music at best and have much more to do with Scooter and alikes than anything to do with psychedelic trance.  Again I doubt any or very little Full On will ever be able to make people trip out unless they are on x exacterated number of pills and various artificial chemicals.

The bottomline is that Full On has nothing to do with psychedelic trance. Yet Full On is the main genre in the psychedelic trance scene. Now how weird and silly is that?

381421[/snapback]

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Full-On is the Israeli equivalent to Happy-Hardcore!

381532[/snapback]

Yes some Goa was more psychedelic. True. But listen to a lot of the UK Goa from 1995 - 1998 as an example. It was very very popular and in my opinion it can be compared to today's Full On wave. A lot of it had the same sound and used the same ideas such as tweaking sounds ect. It was very easy to hear when it came from UK.

Then alongside the UK and let's not forget the not so many as today, but at that time already quite commercial, israeli artists you had much more underground artists and quite strong underground scenes which were very tribal, deep and indeed very psychedelic compared to todays standards. But the huge difference was that all this music also melted together at parties or in Goa whereas today its most normal that a party is 100% Full on, psychedelic (a very small scene these days) or progressive. And then you got a few parties where it kind of melts together. but very few.

My take on the past versus today.

Yes some Goa was more psychedelic. True.  But listen to a lot of the UK Goa from 1995 - 1998 as an example. It was very very popular and in my opinion it can be compared to today's Full On wave.  A lot of it had the same sound and used the same ideas such as tweaking sounds ect.  It was very easy to hear when it came from UK.

Then alongside the UK and let's not forget the not so many as today, but at that time already quite commercial, israeli artists  you had much more underground artists and a underground scenes which were very tribal, deep and indeed very psychedelic compared to todays standards.  But the huge difference was that all this music also melted together at parties or in Goa whereas today its most normal that a party is 100% Full on, psychedelic (a very small scene these days) or progressive.    And then you got a few parties where it's kind of melt together. but very few.

My take on the past versus today.

381554[/snapback]

i almost agree too bad i am too young :D

well yes goa was the main psychedelic music back then.. now the main "psychedelic"[?] music is full-[bl]o[w]n. but still i think music back then was much more original, many more concept releases, full of imagination and fantasy as opposed to todays copy+paste music... [well there are exceptions mostly in the darker genre, e.g Derango... or the crazy genre, e.g Squaremeat].

is this sample psychedelic or not it's < 2000

let's discuss....

download now...

download sample

381570[/snapback]

I would have to say absolutely no. It's just fast and sound like most pre and after 2000 fast music with boing basslines and squeeky sounds that have been done over and over again. To me there's nothing psychedelic there or hypnotic in that track.

When i want "psychdedelic" i tend to listen to ambient really. that or pink floyd or the doors.

Some full on is wicked, but it is NOT psychedelic. if its "really" psychedelic, you should be able to get lost in the music. forget where you are. full on cant do that.

It's techno. Not in the least bit psychedelic.

381579[/snapback]

techno :huh:

edit: sample off line... my webspace is freaking out again sorry trying to fix it <_<