proggiest prog of progressve land

Fugpuggler

what are the all time deepest and most hypnotic prog tracks in the world? for me i only know of a few that are so ultra cool that nothin else i heard yet comes close

cosma - sleep of peace

atmos - cable enable/fill the hat

any other prog tracks out there that deserve a place next to these?

what are the all time deepest and most hypnotic prog tracks in the world? for me i only know of a few that are so ultra cool that nothin else i heard yet comes close

cosma - sleep of peace

373207[/snapback]

hmmm I honestly and without any attempt to be insulting fail to see how Cosma ever got anything to do with progressive?

And "best of", "top of the" etc. are merely a taste thing and got no value in my opinion.

cosma - sleep of peace

373207[/snapback]

I guess Cosma is not prog

anyways, try SBK - Morgenlatte (bitmonx remix)

and Phony Orphants - Supermarket (No Trade)

hmmm I honestly and without any attempt to be insulting fail to see how Cosma ever got anything to do with progressive?

And "best of", "top of the" etc. are merely a taste thing and got no value in my opinion.

373209[/snapback]

that song sleep of peace is quite proggy if i remember correctly, but not very good imho.

You are right about these two Atmos songs Fugpuggler, they are pretty deep, trippy and absolutely outstandingly amazing on all accounts. I would 100% agree with you that they are highlights of prog.trance history.

But like Kris said , these best of's are kinda pointless and redundant.

heh, if that cosma track isnt prog, then theres only 1 prog track in teh world, and everything else is a slightly different sub genre with its own label...

anyways, as a noob to trance, and thousands of albums to check out, and if i give everything a few listens to see if it grows on me, its gona take like 10 years to hear it all and finally choose for myself what i think are the coolest tracksthats why i thought itd be swell if some veterans can give a few recomendations

Haldolium - "One of These Days"

Haldolium - "X-brass"

Haldolium - "2nd Movement"

Haldolium - "Factors"

Monday Millionairz - Monday Millionairz

SBK - "Aufrieser"

SBK - "Morgenlatte"

SBK - "Mitleid Express"

Shiva chandra - "BSB"

Antix - "Forever Changing"

Antix - "Le Lascard"

Freq - "Return to the Master"

Frogacult "The Black Mamba"

Element - "Rocket Exciter rmx"

Atmos - "Transmission in vain"

Atmos - "The Only Process" (Haldolium RMX)

Son Kite - "Back beyond Rotation"

Son Kite - "On air"

Paste - "Smash it"

Ticon - "Monkey Business"

Ticon - "Waiting for the Knights"

Ticon - "Some simple sounds"

Vibrasphere - the entire Lime Structure-cd

"One way ltd"

& they should all be played LOUD :P

God DAMN, I should have become a DJ :)

cosma - sleep of peace

373207[/snapback]

if you tell me hypnotic, i tell you Drone - White screen and Drone - Not ;);) get their album "23 days".

if you want recommendations, you shall get recommendations that like those tracks you mentioned:

V.A. Vibration 2 - Medium Records (Vibration 3 is cool, too) is probably the best comp. in that style

also V.A "A Progress in Trance" from Transient Records is a good comp.

Great albums along those lines:

Phony Orphants - Symphony (the new album it cetera rocks as well, but its different)

Antix-Lull (same as above, the new album Twin Coast Discovery rocks, but is different)

Son Kite- Colours (also check out "Perspectives of...")

Ticon-Rewind

everything by frogacult , especially their album "Something for Sundays"

you might like Beat Bizarre-Lewd , its very dark though

you might like Lish - Freefall if you are into Cosmas proggy side

ooh! i shall check those out first, since we both share the same fav goa track ever! you have good taste i think.

373293[/snapback]

which fav goa track ever? exit eternity? B) by the way Drone is very different from Atmos, much more housey, but damn excellent and catchy!

good list tox!

but as ppl said, I really cant make a top proggiest of the prog list.. there are just so many, and so many that are crossover between trance and house, that it would be hard to name them....

if you tell me hypnotic, i tell you Drone - White screen and Drone - Not ;)  ;) get their album "23 days".

373257[/snapback]

White screen... is that the one with the "Sleep" sample? If it is I can't agree more.

Incredibly solid track. Deep, hypnotic, housy sound.

373209[/snapback]

yes, well actually that song is really proggy IMHO ^_^ and also very good IMHO.

deep, great sounds...

really, really really like it. works great on the mind...

White screen... is that the one with the "Sleep" sample?  If it is I can't agree more.

Incredibly solid track. Deep, hypnotic, housy sound.

373763[/snapback]

i dunno, it's track 3, yes there is an hynotic voice, it might be that, and yes "hypnotic" is the word which can define that great track which could last 12 or 13 wiithout any problem for me ;)

As he is asking for all mights hypnotic tracks and not just only good prog. Well said that i cant belieave no one mentioned Nerve- Channel 59, in fact the whole album is very hypnotic.

Althou is more on the minimal side, dont know if that what you are looking for, but this track stands besides Atmos and Cosma easily imo :rolleyes:

btw, if Cosma- Sleep of peace isnt progressive, then we might as well call Derango nizhonot with some electro influences