secrets from shpongleland- coming december 2005.

Cinos

• 2 weeks later...

Bad News. According to Simon B at Twisted Records Secrets from Shpongleland is a box set containing 15 pages of beautiful original artwork with contributions from all of the artists who were involved, all three albums and a bonus CD of unheard Shpongley bits. This will contain a few remixes, unreleased bits, and possibly some new material.

Here's a link: http://www.chaishop.com/lasso/content.lasso?id=1519

Looks like I'll be owning 2 copies of the first 3 Shpongle albums... <_<

Thanks god I'm not that much into Shpongle. I will sure not buy this boxset just to get the art and a CD with unreleased tracks. But if he ever does the same with the Hallucinogen albums, I'm lost...

I know. If they had any respect for their fans they'd release the bonus CD as a standalone album.

The trouble is I'm sure Twisted are well aware those people who own the first albums will buy the boxset just to get their hands on the bonus CD. Greedy bastards.

It'd better sell for a one-cd price. I'm not kidding. :angry:

Or I COULD sell the other albums by them that I have... NO! Must resist temptation to buy stupid produce!

This is so very stupid. SO VERY STUPID. What do I do with the second copies of the albums? Idiots.

i plan to buy the boxset, then sell the old copies on ebay to people from the USA saying they're the "first, now deleted UK twisted pressing -- check it - it has a different barcode!!!!1111"

Bad News. According to Simon B at Twisted Records Secrets from Shpongleland is a box set containing 15 pages of beautiful original artwork with contributions from all of the artists who were involved, all three albums and a bonus CD of unheard Shpongley bits.  This will contain a few remixes, unreleased bits, and possibly some new material.

371273[/snapback]

noooooo..................... Not that I have something against buying it, but its really commercial and lame...

shitty indeed.

i mean i absolutly love shpongle dont own the third album yet though, and i think Are You.... and Tales Of..... are two of the best albums ever produced, but there is no way in hell nor heaven i'll be duying albums double.

i am not that materialistic that i would want to have the original, the way i see it, i contributed to the artist by buying the albums, i'll buy the third, but the extra CD has been warranted free to DL somewhere by pulling such a stunt.

i plan to buy the boxset, then sell the old copies on ebay to people from the USA saying they're the "first, now deleted UK twisted pressing -- check it - it has a different barcode!!!!1111"

371345[/snapback]

That is a pretty stupid assumption to make. I call bullshit on that one. In fact, a lot of the people in the "USA" aren't that retarded. Now, crawl back into your mother's womb and gurgle on some of those liquids til you choke to death, thanks!

* Note: devious is from the USA, and has probably been into psy much longer than damion has even known its' existence. :-D

Aaron

And to stay on topic... =]

I have all four albums on vinyl (remix including), I have one CD (Tales of the Inexpressible), I think I might get it because I lack the CD collection. Who knows, I'd much rather have another piece of art in the living room. So, probably not. And yes, I agree...Very commercial. Tales of the Inexpressible blew them up just as twisted's second release for hallucinogen. Funny, The Infinity Project never went big :)

Aaron

* Note: devious is from the USA, and has probably been into psy much longer than damion has even known its' existence. :-D

Aaron

you're right.

i saw the grateful dead in london in 1990 when i was 14. i bought my first "goa" CD in 1995, went to my first psytrance party in london in 1996, and started out reviewing goa/psytrance in in 2000. is this not psychedelic enough for you?

no?

i have sold "original UK pressings" of shpongle, and "original israeli pressings" of infected mushroom albums, on ebay, for gloriously inflated prices, to americans.

I also sold a copy of Sasha & Digweed's Rennaisance on ebay for something like £30. Again, to an American. I'd picked up the CD in question at my local oxfam for a fiver.

Most recently, I sold the last Shpongle CD purchased for eight quid at the albums launch party in Bristol. I stuck it on ebay, with the ticket stub from the party, and sold it for £20. This paid for my night out and my transport home.

None of my mates said I would find anyone stupid enough to buy the CD plus the ticket. I did find someone stupid enough -- and yes it was some cnut from America.

Your assertion that nobody except you has been exposed to psytrance for as long as you has firmly roots you as the type of cocky, shitty, barely-tolerated American that the world has come to hate. We don't hate you for who you are as people, we hate you for your universally cocksure opinions and utter - UTTER - lack of education.

And I am speaking as somebody who has spent a significant amount of time in SF and the west coast.

I sincerely look forward to selling you my "original UK pressings" of the original shpongle albums to finance my purchase of the box set.

Did i mention they have different barcodes?

EDIT: this may be considered offensive, but you're the one who mentioned "your mother's womb".

Good. Fucking. Call.

EDIT2: You also mentioned i should choke until I die. Well done for having a go at me when all I was *really* doing was poking FUN at your country's obsession with "collectable" dance music.

It beggars belief that you would react like this: my worst fears are confirmed, that your country's despicable UNITED WE STAND rhetoric has become so a priori as to come out of one who evidently considers himself enlightened.

you're right.

i saw the grateful dead in london in 1990 when i was 14. i bought my first "goa" CD in 1995, went to my first psytrance party in london in 1996, and started out reviewing goa/psytrance in in 2000. is this not psychedelic enough for you?

no?

i have sold "original UK pressings" of shpongle, and "original israeli pressings" of infected mushroom albums, on ebay, for gloriously inflated prices, to americans.

I also sold a copy of Sasha & Digweed's Rennaisance on ebay for something like £30. Again, to an American. I'd picked up the CD in question at my local oxfam for a fiver.

Most recently, I sold the last Shpongle CD purchased for eight quid at the albums launch party in Bristol.  I stuck it on ebay, with the ticket stub from the party, and sold it for £20. This paid for my night out and my transport home.

None of my mates said I would find anyone stupid enough to buy the CD plus the ticket. I did find someone stupid enough -- and yes it was some cnut from America.

Your assertion that nobody except you has been exposed to psytrance for as long as you has firmly roots you as the type of cocky, shitty, barely-tolerated American that the world has come to hate. We don't hate you for who you are as people, we hate you for your universally cocksure opinions and utter - UTTER - lack of education.

And I am speaking as somebody who has spent a significant amount of time in SF and the west coast.

I sincerely look forward to selling you my "original UK pressings" of the original shpongle albums to finance my purchase of the box set.

Did i mention they have different barcodes?

EDIT: this may be considered offensive, but you're the one who mentioned "your mother's womb".

Good. Fucking. Call.

EDIT2: You also mentioned i should choke until I die. Well done for having a go at me when all I was *really* doing was poking FUN at your country's obsession with "collectable" dance music.

It beggars belief that you would react like this: my worst fears are confirmed, that your country's despicable UNITED WE STAND rhetoric has become so a priori as to come out of one who evidently considers himself enlightened.

371622[/snapback]

First off, if you're going to generalize the whole american populous, you better stand getting a mouthful of shit from someone who's on these forums from N. America.

Secondly, I don't give a rats ass as to who hates America. It's just land. We live very separately here. We're not a "United We Stand" nation, that's truthfully rhetoric as you state.

Thirdly, I'm not your average cultist hippie who listens to psytrance or recreational drug user. I'm very musically inclined and I know what my tastes like and you're "stereotypical" comment I sure didn't.

I don't think the United States is any worse at "collectable" dance music than anywhere else. In fact, the largest collections seem to be overseas. I'll also state, it seems everytime I go after a "collectable" item, someone, not from the United States, goes after it and thus goes really high. I will admit, there are morons considering someone on ebay just went after the japanese orange comp from nippon crown and got it for $118 dollars, but no thanks to another FOREIGNER who helped bid it up that high. So fuck you again, it's not just we "STUPID AMERICANS." I'm not worried about one or two items. You pretty much just made a comment directed to Americans as a whole. Be more specific next time you smelly hippie fuck (i hate hippies). And I don't give a shit how "elite" you are -- I wasn't being cocky, just honest!

You presented yourself in an asinine manner, you got ridiculed. So, as I said before, go crawl back into her womb and drink away. I'm glad I respect "groups of people."

My attack is personal, it's on you and you asked for it.

Oh, people can hate the whole US of fucking A, but I'll tell you one thing, we're not pussies now that you want to get political. There's a ghetto hood in every town. We're brought up with a lot of various rough lifestyles. We might have a horrible education system, we might have a horrible political system, we might have one of the shittiest countries in the whole world, but I'll tell you what, a black, white, red and even blue man would knock you down, just as an American (who gives a shit what color or creed you are or where you're from) would when you attack an entire group. Your stupidity breeds ignorance.

Learn individuality, fucknuts. "Be Enlightened!"

*Sprinkles sugar on your face* There, maybe you'll be enlightened! teehee. Just remember, we all bleed red, and if you don't, you shouldn't be walking this planet anyways. =]

Aaron (the n. american land lover who cant stand these fucking stereotypical bastards!)

btw, I'm not normally pissy! But this guy knows everything because he runs "psyreviews!" oh fear! i'll stick to psyreviews on tribe where foreigners and americans are all welcome =] don't want to support someone who dislikes americans but sells them shit anyways! yeah, ya fuckin fool!

Proof that individuality exists:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4784376763

Someone got it for cheap!

Same item, same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ADME:L:AAQ:US:1

Different price, much different!

It comes in all forms from all countries!

Let's see, those two were americans! Let's see what it went for with a non-american who is an avid collector of psytrance records, too! Hmmm!

Wow, look at that, Canada! High education standards, really awesome people, and a very quiet not-so-involved in world political affairs country! I guess if more people like this guy from Canada continues to spend money like this on dance collectables, it's in our best judgement to assume all Canadians are stupid! (But again, they have some of the highest education standards I've ever come across and I don't understand why NASA doesn't have more Canadians involved in their space program)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4756945680

Okay, I get it now! You're right. So, once one person in a group associated with a specific country buy's an album at an uberly high price, the rest of the country must be automatically assumed to being stupid! Or "dumb." Whichever you prefer. I am trying to follow your logic. You use eBay, which obviously came from the USA, so you're using STUPID peoples' ideas to support your own "brilliant" scheme. Right, and that's why eBay's CEO is still much more financially well off than you'll ever be. Figure out your "dissertations" before typing stupid oh wise one!

Tis all, I think my point is more valid here in this post!

Aaron (I'm bored, moving away from this thread now, and no thanks to the sword idea!)