Bluetech - great downtempo..

moni

Presentation:

His name is Evan and he is a music producer who creates predominantly electronic music, with a focus in downtempo and ambient music styles.

In his opinnion, chill out music and trance music are like yin and yang: people love the full power adrenaline energy, but it needs to be balanced with the feminine energies as well. Balance provides contrast. Both trance and chill out become more powerful when placed next to each other, because they augment each others differences. His music is very emotional, it bypasses logic and moves people on a deep level.

“Music is a healing process for me on a number of levels. My hope is that you are inspired by my work and it can become a tool in your process as well, whether as casual background enjoyment, or as a vehicle for exploration of new states of being. I believe personal healing is the only way to change the world... I guess Im trying to change the world.”

Work:

Evan Bluetech so far released 2 albums:

- Prima Materia (Waveform Records, 2003)

- Elementary Particles (Native State Records 2004)

- Special 2 CD edition of Elementary Particles and Prima Materia (Aleph Zero Records, 2004)

- he also has releases on various compilations. i haven't listened to all of them (12 compilations), but i'd like to highlight his track from VA - Multiple Organisms (Nice Dreams/Spun Music Ibiza, 2005)

- now he's working on releasing his third album,"Sines and Singularities" (Aleph Zero Records)

My opinnion:

2 very good albums with beautiful cover art.

This guy is brilliant, his music is really smart, playful, colorful, and generally impressive. I never get bored listening to Bluetech, and everytime i do it, it gets better and better. This is why .. i would like to label his music as a "teaser ambient dub". teaser music makes you want more and more and it doesn't loose its value in time. thus Bluetech is a must-have name in your collection.

Info:

the artist: www.bluetechonline.com

the label: www.aleph-zero.info

his label: www.nativestaterecords.com

the booking agency: www.sub-harmonic.com

moni, as i got no response to my earlier attempt to point you in the direction of what are imo some of his best releases, i will again point you in the direction of left coast liquid vol. 1, just out on native state records. leaving winter behind is one of the best downtempo tracks that i have heard in a looooong time, and phutuprimitive's remix of oleander is even better than the beautiful original relased on gnostic traveller.

if you want, my review is in the review section.

oh yes, i haven't checked this one yet (i'd say it's a very recent release)

but i promise i will. :D

i remember commenting the cover of this one. i said it looks like the background of a website, because of those top/bottom frames.

VA - Left Coast Liquid Vol. 1 (Native State Records, September 2005)

Tracklist:

1. Shulman - 'NN3'

2. Sympath - 'Pond Life'

3. Bluetech- 'Leaving Winter Behind'

4. Rena - 'Autumn'

5. Nalepa - 'Fresh'

6. Bluetech - 'Oleander' (Phutureprimitive Symbiotic Remix)

7. Shakatura - 'Baldocious Turp'

8. Shen - 'Stonehouse'

9. Desert Dwellers - 'Parabolic'

10. Adham Shaikh - 'The Garden'

weey :)

Yup, Bluetech is brilliant. The double CD hasn't been very far from my player since I got it. He also played a fantastic set at the Glade this year, and Evan is a very nice chap too. Said hello and had a quick chat with him on the Sunday, nice bloke.

To anyone who likes quality downtempo and doesn't have his albums...go get em!

yes, yes ... Bluetech is very nice stuff ... I really enjoyed Prima Mateira, it was for me especially good for late night painting or such things :)

I guess I'll have to listen to that "Leaving Winter Behind"-track ... but I'm gonna do that in spring :)

Bluetech is amazing. The more I listen to it the more I love it :) Out of all the chill i have, I've been listening to Bluetech and Phutureprimitive the most lately. I love how it's so soothing, yet very trippy at the same time, and everything seems to perfectly "fit" together. It's just such great music, it's constantly evolving into something new, and you never know what's coming next. The percussion is really unique and works perfectly too. It's great just floating away to the musical perfection known as Bluetech :D

nice but a find it a little bit metallic.

352701[/snapback]

I know what you mean about the metallic sound, but I think that is what is good. I think FP put it pretty well above, so I'll quote him rather than rephrase it:

I like his mix of cold and dry sounds with warm and emotional melodies. This contrast is what makes him sound so unique.

352252[/snapback]

I know what you mean about the metallic sound, but I think that is what is good. I think FP put it pretty well above, so I'll quote him rather than rephrase it:

352782[/snapback]

Im still waiting for my cd arrival. does anyone know of any reviews on these cd's. i would like to read them.

DP? Seraph?...

Hands down he released the best chillout album of 2004. I like his mix of cold and dry sounds with warm and emotional melodies. This contrast is what makes him sound so unique.

352252[/snapback]

gotta check it out. this description reminds me of Sasha - Airdrawndagger. so cold and warm at the same time.

aaah bluetech

im still amazed of how many people haven't heard of or listened to bluetech. undoubtedly my best purchase last year and not even just because its a double cd for the price of 1.

put it on, dim the lights, light a spliff and tell us how you feel OD. you can't not like it. they're just such emotional dubby psychedelic beats, the atmosphere is mostly just right. floating stuff, really topnotch!