Can somebody post some links to nice DJ mixes?

Tatsu

It does sound crappier, true but it is still listenable ( if you don't have other option of course ).

326423[/snapback]

goa needs to sound strong and reveal stories, that doens't happen at 128 no matter what great artist it is...

I made mistakes not liking artist but realised it was the bitrate and not the artist that bothered me...

I won't make that mistake again ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cause I'm a flipper when it comes to bitrate...

I don't listen to 128... never sorry  :unsure:

326391[/snapback]

dude do u think that your ear can make the difference between 128 and 192 ? :lol: big-time !!!!! huhahuhahuha . sorry bout that . ok. i have songs at 128 which sound better than the ones at 192. so it's all about the way that the songs are being recorded. u can have shit at 320 even and good stuff at 128. i had my laughs 4 2day.

I made a few Goa mixes a couple of years ago which I uploaded for a friend of mine recently if you want to check it out.

Theese are only 128k and the mixing is horrible sometimes but the tracklist is nice :)

http://www.ahlgrendesign.com/dunkardax3och4.rar

DD3

01. Cosmosis - Intergalactic Fluoro Funkster

02. Infected Mushroom - Virtual Voyage

03. Subcouds - On Red

04. Slide - Unstable

05. Pleiadians - Meter

06. UX - Pure Intellect

07. X-dream - Freak

08. Jaïa - Brainstorm

09. Tandu - The System

10. Infected Mushroom - Bust a Move

DD4

01. Cosmosis & Shakta - Visitors

02. Infected Mushroom - Unbalanced (baby killer)

03. Hallucinogen - Spiritual Antiseptic

04. Halosian - Necessary God (my track, unreleased)

05. UX - Life Support Technology

06. Toï Doï - Up Days

07. Chi-ad - Eye am the I

08. Oforia - Maximiser

09. Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization

10. Jaïa - Maï Maï

Jonahtopia prototype

Please somebody listen to it and critisize the hell out of it :)

I need to have a really nice mix for an upcoming party and any critique will help a lot, thx

00:00 01 The call - mystery of the yeti 1

03:19 02 weird on a monday night - younger brother

12:38 03 flute fruit - shpongle

14:45 04 long long arms - audio chemists & hallucinogen

22:06 05 geometric patterns - dark nebula

28:44 06 Infected astrix Monster remix [mixed with] poison - astrix

35:57 07 The Herb Garden - mystery of the yeti 2

36:08 08 Shamanix - Hallucinogen

47:27 09 Amen - Astral Projection

53:07 10 We Are Free - Doof

60:00 11 Domestic Modulator - Filteria

68:26 12 Marijuana - 1200 mics

73:41 13 Divine moments of truth [original mixed with vox remix] - shpongle/hallucinogen

PS the last track sounds more exciting than it is... I'm working on a proper remix atm but that's just a 50:50 mangling of the two tracks

326391[/snapback]

lol ! i bet u really hear the difference on ur 2 pc-boxes...or even if ur pc was connected 2 a stereo-hifi

it's also about if the songs were converted good, i can show u mp3 @ 192 who sound worse than some 128..i'd almost challenge u 2 pick out the song with the highest bitrate, wanna bet u 'll choose the lower bitrate-song (cause that sounds actually better)

http://www.buddhabomb.net/downloads/bomb/D...ronic%20Air.mp3

a promotional mix from a few months ago, promoting an upcoming party. a lot more 'morning dancefloor style' than i'd usually play, but we were trying to appeal to a certain audience. :rolleyes:

also some other mixes on that site that are very nice..

lol ! i bet u really hear the difference on ur 2 pc-boxes...or even if ur pc was connected 2 a stereo-hifi

it's also about if the songs were converted good, i can show u mp3 @ 192 who sound worse than some 128..i'd almost challenge u 2 pick out the song with the highest bitrate, wanna bet u 'll choose the lower bitrate-song (cause that sounds actually better)

332081[/snapback]

err...no.

the only way you could get a 192 bitrate to sound worse than a 128 is if the original file (wav or whatever) was at a low quality. other than that....no. not possible.

332081[/snapback]

not in a thousand years... I have a great soundsystem B&W speakers all of them and a freak when it comes to quality... (call me show off :P )

like OD said the orignial was just worse... but if the original is the release himself no way 192 is worse then 128....

err...no.

the only way you could get a 192 bitrate to sound worse than a 128 is if the original file (wav or whatever) was at a low quality. other than that....no. not possible.

332302[/snapback]

Sure 192 can sound worse than 128, With a crappy encoder. Compare 192 in the old Xing encolder to 128 in the most recent LAME, and you will doubtlessly pick the latter. There isn't just a single way to encode an MP3, so the choice of encoder (and its settings) is essential for the quality of the output.

Sure 192 can sound worse than 128, With a crappy encoder. Compare 192 in the old Xing encolder to 128 in the most recent LAME, and you will doubtlessly pick the latter. There isn't just a single way to encode an MP3, so the choice of encoder (and its settings) is essential for the quality of the output.

332369[/snapback]

I had many encoders but never one that is so bad that 128 sounds better then 192...

the difference is that but that huge that it's almost impossible...

and if such an encoder exist I just wouldn't use it because I would hear it directly that the 192 sounds so bad...

so ;)

and if such an encoder exist I just wouldn't use it because I would hear it directly that the 192 sounds so bad...

so  ;)

332382[/snapback]

what i meant with 'converted' was the encoding-thing that ukiro explained

my point was : if i'd put a 128 song on & the same song in 192 , u can't pick them out, because the human ears cannot hear the difference -> ok, i'd might have 2 turn the volume a bit up with the 128 one, but after i did that , u wouldn't b able 2 say this one (192 one) sounds qualitifly better than the 128 one...ur ears just can't detect that

(this is what i think & experience, & many others! , i don't know if that scientificly proven, some people's ears r better evolved than others off course...)

what i meant with 'converted' was the encoding-thing that ukiro explained

my point was : if i'd put a 128 song on & the same song in 192 , u can't pick them out, because the human ears cannot hear the difference -> ok, i'd might have 2 turn the volume a bit up with the 128 one, but after i did that , u wouldn't b able 2 say this one (192 one) sounds qualitifly better than the 128 one...ur ears just can't detect that

(this is what i think & experience, & many others! , i don't know if that scientificly proven, some people's ears r better evolved than others off course...)

332409[/snapback]

well my ears are extremely envolved... the doctors investigated it....

can't explain in english...

ik moet oordopjes dragen in uitgang omdat ik zodanig goed hoor dat alles te luid is voor mij.... dus ja.... ik merk het verschil direkt sorry....

I agree with Rain. This might sound arrogant (I really dont mean it), but once you have got a good sound system and have gotten a little into terms such as mastering, specially the frequency ranges, you can hear the difference. Of course it's also a matter of which encoder is used. On my old sound system I couldnt really hear the difference, now I think I would be able to tell the difference between 192 and 128. That doesnt mean that I cant enjoy 128. I often listen to the di.fm radio which is in 92kbps, and I still enjoy the music a lot :)

most cheezy mix ever : I made this one as a joke for a good friend

http://66.135.37.73/psyvideo.com/~dj/Lepto...plakkenkaas.mp3

-mixed with 3 decks

-dikke plakken kaas (big slices of cheese)

-june 2004

-78 min

1) astral projection : axis 0.99 (why not)

2) altöm : not from concentrate (neurobiotics)

3) tristan vs the electic ant : six straight days (nano)

4) protoculture : new directions (nano)

5) silicon sound : electro body music (neurobiotics)

6) hujaboy : tribal mood (hommega)

7) man with no name : visit the moon (dragon fly)

8) protoculture : avalon (nano)

9) altöm : hologram (neurobiotics)

10)zorba : barkass (spun)

11)astrix (jaïa rmx) (illegal mp3)

12)cyan : electro texture (nano)

13)altöm : wonderfull (3d vision)

14)commercial hippies : not human (nano)

15)sub 6 ft michelle adamson (psysex rmx) ra hé'ya (hommega)

16)hujaboy - modufications (hommega)

17)psydrop - zone x (phonokol)

18)logic bomb - extension (spiral trax)

19)yahel- for the people (sst)

bonus tracks :

etnica (fractal glider rmx) (boom)

jirah : outer access (usta)

326391[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :lol: flipperke

i can understand u about the fucked up 128 bitrate though ;)

B)

*Might be down http://www.hd.chalmers.se/~di2peje/dj/mixes/

*Mirror: http://goatrance.zapto.org/~jesper/dj/mixes/

A mix I recorded a couple of weeks ago :)

Serum - Liquified Mix

1. Talpa - First Ray of Light (intro)

2. Talpa - Trust No Goblin

3. Younger Brother - Dwarves (Main Mix)

4. Talpa - Multiple Orgasm Disorder

5. Nystagmus - Never Turn Your Back

6. DSP - Have A Good Time (All The Time)

7. Space Cat - Sleep-Walker

8. Twisted Allstars - Blue Sky On Mars

9. Hallucinogen - Horrorgram

10. Younger Brother - The Finger

11. Talpa - People Are Animals

With twisted psy from the last three years, but I also managed to throw in a classic.. :)

Edited by X-scream