hard dance

anyone here like hard house/NRG? ive been a nrg/dj head for yrs now(got almost 1000 recs, all hh/ht/nrg) but cant enough of psy lately :D just wondering if some of u started the same route as me?

I used to like hard trance / NRG / club trance, back in the day (97,98), before I discovered my first psychedelic trance party (and experience). Ever since then, it [club trance] just sounded too simplistic, basic , flat, formulised and unsatisfying for me.

But as far as electronic music goes, its right at the bottom of my list.

Yes, I like some hardhouse a lot but I don't have any records. Just some burned mix-cds from local DJs. I'm not into it as much as I'm into psy but it's nice music.

Oh and on a side note: Overdose your new sig and avatar rocks!!!

anyone here like hard house/NRG? ive been a nrg/dj head for yrs now(got almost 1000 recs, all hh/ht/nrg) but cant enough of psy lately :D  just wondering if some of u started the same route as me?

325010[/snapback]

what is NRG?

I like hardhouse even if i don't know any names, just the music. To tell you the truth i start listening to electronic music when i was really young, like 13 years old, at the beginning i listened to commercial stuff like Sash (not bad), 666 (yeah i liked 666 ^_^), and all the stuff we could hear on the radio, the basic techno trance. I also remember that track "Jon & stephenson _ the first rebirth" that was huge at that time!!

I discovered real trance like for example Quench - dreams, Jens - Loops & things, Legend B - lost in love (pehaps the trigger i was totally in love with that track), and then more and more complex music, less and less commercial. Actually It was a long process for me.

NRG is a harder, darker form of HH. its got harder kicks, more evil basslines, darker hoovers and some nasty ass acid lines. go to www.bangingtunes.com and under viynl go to NRG to hear some tracks. also in the music forum, there's always loads of dj mixes to check.

I lived in London in 1999 and that year I got really into hard house... I was into goa/psy for a good period before that, but for six months in 1999 it was all about hard house for me...

Some of my fav'e records are from Torture Garden Records:

* V/A - Fist - The Second Coming

http://www.discogs.com/release/178734

* V/A - Extreme Clubbing 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/177276

I bought several other CDs in the same style in the years to follow, but somehow they never seemed to do it for me as much as the two above-mentioned... I still put these on every now and then and reminisce about the good old days of my London hard house adventures... :)

/DP

Hi Sean, I'm from BT too - user name is Andy Graves on there.

Yeah, I'm into all that - hard house, hard trance, NRG, hardcore, freeform etc... Just re-discovering my roots, so to speak.

I lived in London in 1999 and that year I got really into hard house... I was into goa/psy for a good period before that, but for six months in 1999 it was all about hard house for me...

Some of my fav'e records are from Torture Garden Records:

* V/A - Fist - The Second Coming

http://www.discogs.com/release/178734

* V/A - Extreme Clubbing 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/177276

I bought several other CDs in the same style in the years to follow, but somehow they never seemed to do it for me as much as the two above-mentioned... I still put these on every now and then and reminisce about the good old days of my London hard house adventures...  :)

/DP

325553[/snapback]

What clubs did you used to go to in '99 then DP? Any favourites?

What clubs did you used to go to in '99 then DP?  Any favourites?

325646[/snapback]

Well - I went clubbing constantly in 1999... All over London - but I didn't go to many hard-house or psy-events, as my mates weren't really into that... But damn, trying to think of names now is harder than I thought... There were some big ass gay-clubs that were pretty cool... Heaven was it?

I remember MOS being a total blast too back then... The Fridge was nice too... Hannover Grand... There was something in Brixton too... Camden of course... Argh, I can't remember the names... Too many druqcks... Hehe...

/DP

Hmm...MOS, The Fridge, Camden Palace, Brixton Academy. Those are the best places in london if you want a good night of Hard Trance / Hard House.

325675[/snapback]

brixton academy used to be SHIT... back when they had the pendragon nights... hehehe.. the good old days ;)

i used to go to heaven as well.. ON THE STRAIGHT DAYS!! you know when they had PVD, and Digweed, et all... anyway

we stopped going to fridge after they refused entrance to an asian friend of ours.... apparently the weekend before that they an asian gang running around with AXES inside the club... so they were deniying entrance to ALL asians weekend after... true story btw

:ph34r:

Well - I went clubbing constantly in 1999... All over London - but I didn't go to many hard-house or psy-events, as my mates weren't really into that... But damn, trying to think of names now is harder than I thought... There were some big ass gay-clubs that were pretty cool... Heaven was it?

I remember MOS being a total blast too back then... The Fridge was nice too... Hannover Grand... There was something in Brixton too... Camden of course... Argh, I can't remember the names... Too many druqcks... Hehe...

/DP

325654[/snapback]

Yeah, you got most of the biggies - Fridge, Camden Palace (now called Koko Club I think?), MOS (though they're concentrating more on house music at the moment) - the gay club you might mean could be Trade? Defo the most famous gay club in London, that's for sure.

brixton academy used to be SHIT... back when they had the pendragon nights... hehehe.. the good old days ;)

i used to go to heaven as well.. ON THE STRAIGHT DAYS!! you know when they had PVD, and Digweed, et all... anyway

we stopped going to fridge after they refused entrance to an asian friend of ours.... apparently the weekend before that they an asian gang running around with AXES inside the club... so they were deniying entrance to ALL asians weekend after... true story btw

:ph34r:

325679[/snapback]

Pendragon was at Brixton Academy? I only ever went to a Pendragon at The Fridge - they were superb.

Pendragon was at Brixton Academy?  I only ever went to a Pendragon at The Fridge - they were superb.

325747[/snapback]

they had a couple of sessions, with pendragon when actually had money to hire other acts... i caught Dumonde and Deleon with JAmX in BA one fateful night a number of years ago... probably the best hard house event i have ever been to... i think oberon was there too... but i can't recall...

they had a couple of sessions, with pendragon when actually had money to hire other acts... i caught Dumonde and Deleon with JAmX in BA one fateful night a number of years ago... probably the best hard house event i have ever been to... i think oberon was there too... but i can't recall...

325750[/snapback]

don't forget those fridge nights with the captain,karim,weirdo etc

killers

Guest The Journey Man Project

Acid n' drum n' bass is my roots, and I still love 'em to death... was robbed years ago and the bastards stole my entire collection of every Acid Flash compilation :ph34r: The cops found it al l, but the ricks had just ripped up the cd's and smashed them :o:ph34r: No more acid like that anymore :( But Renegade Rcords and sublabels make nice hard drum n' bass, tho I just buy the mix cd's...

Superfish yeah?  Quality nights indeed!

326241[/snapback]

oh the fish dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

please give me a time machine

just recently updated all my tinrib albums have all of them now especially fish grooves vol 1 and 2 mixed by steve thomas of course

it's not goa but you can love them all as it brought us here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started with acid trance and techno back in 1993, I was 13 years old and remember that I had some tapes of acid trance and techno from some radio show...Soon after that I started going to clubs in 1994, listening to early beginnings of psy and old school, before I completely turned PSYCHEDELIC in 1995. Great days...young and wild and psychedeliced ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^ your opinion i guess :unsure: dont like most old school hh that much either, except for few exceptions. lots of classics. in its day it was all good. alot of new hard nrg is hard as fuck and would be worth checkin out. cant judge a whole scene based on 1 mix, and an old mix at that. whole different sound now.

probably just rambling on by now!!!!!!! haha.