01 - Layerd Oscillation

02 - Aquasphere

03 - Trance Personal Waves

04 - Spectral Breeze

05 - Interstellar Harmonics

06 - Dream Circulation

07 - Longing / Love -Moondance Remix-

08 - Oncoming Oriental Transformers

Elf Music is back with another solid CD, this time from TRI-Force, who was previously featured on their "After 10 Years of Japanese Trance" compilation. This time around the emphasis is a little less on the "psy" and more on the "trance" with this airy, somewhat progressive work. This album reminds me of a mixture of the better parts of the old school progressive trance vibe of about 5 years ago (not to be confused with the new subgenre of "progressive" which is utterly different) with some strong psy touches, especially in the bass, kicks and track construction.

Layerd Oscillation starts us off with some heavy melodic work that sets the tone for the album. Lots of melody and nothing to too distorted or filtered and pitch shifted to death. Aquasphere is next and gives us some nice ethnic intro action before jumping back into the fray and gating the hell out of those same bits later on.

Trance Personal Waves gets things shaking a little more mixing some traditional clean and glittery progressive trance moods and melodies with some more modern crazy psy-influenced flybys and effects. Nice stuff. Spectral Breeze is next and is a hair dark with its big bass sonic blobs in the beginning. This track could go full-on, but TRI-Force again chooses clean glittering synth sounds rather than zippy distorted ones and off we go soaring again.

Interstellar Harmonics you might know as the great start off track to Elf Music's "After 10 Years of Japanese Trance" compilation. As was the case then, it is a great track, 'nuff said. Dream Circulation starts off a hair hard and dirty before going into full attack mode on the big airy progressive trance sounds. Full on psy fans might find this cheesy, but I love it.

Longing / Love -Moondance Remix has a lot of full on psy sounds going on between the bass and kick and the crazy flyby effects, but this ain't your usual full on by any means. We even get treated to some major piano action in the second half of the track. Finally we have Oncoming Oriental Transformers closing out the album. Again we have this sort of "modern full on" background used for more clean progressive sounding trance sound going on. Things get built up to full boil at the end with lots of fairly dense melodic action.

I'm sure lots of full on and psy purists will argue that this release maybe shouldn't be here and is boring, too cheesy, and generally not "killah" enough, but I say the hell with that. I say ignore your subgenre addictions and give this a shot because this is just good trance purely in "trance" terms. As a psy-trance fan, I might not listen to this all the time, but its definitely high on the list when I want something a little less crazy but still keeps the feet moving. Especially recommended for those who like uplifting vibes and melody. Not recommended for those who only listen to dark distorted stuff.

wow they got an album out!?? where are the selling this?

318720[/snapback]

It comes out on Sept 7th in Japan. The head of Elf Music dj'ed at my own CD release party a couple of weeks back and he gave me a promo copy then, which this review is based off of. Given the usual situation in Japan I suspect it will have worldwide distribution about a month after it's out in Japan, but I'm not sure off hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacket art is done!

http://www.elf-music.net/database/jphoto/ddce4009_big.jpg

WIRIKUTA Distribution due to worldwide distribution except for Japan.

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detai...howDetail=96677

As each online shop sales will come soon...

Check da Far East High Technology sound by your ear.

Don't miss it !!

B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Tri-Force – Entrance To Reality (Elf Music)

Tracklist :

1. Layerd Oscillation

2. Aquasphere

3. Tance Personnal Waves

4. Spectral Breeze

5. Interstellar Harmonics

6. Dream Circulation

7. Longing/Love « Moondance Remix »

8. Oncoming Oriental Transformers

Entrance To Reality is the debut album of Yoshinori Saito from Tokyo, he wrote all tracks, except T.6 which is a remix of a track from George Winston. The mastering was done by Tatsuya Kase & the graphic design is by Masaki Obari.

1. Opening on a quite long & sweet morning muffled intro upto 1’25, then a quite discret rythmic appears with a round kick. Since the intro your brain will be hooked by the morning floating layer & harmony, from 2’06 there’s a little tip for the background rythmic made of sounds close a repairman hitting on something. The atmosphere is like a wonderful wake up, thanks to your open window you can already smell the morning dew on the roses (the melodic lead from 2’20) copled with an imminent sunrise (at 3’20 with the voice sample fx). At 4’10, the content gets slightly more clubby but results still a lot acceptable, little by little all your senses set

up back to their optimized possibilities. From 6’20 your energy bar is full, you’re now ready for a full day fill in with mental & physical activities.

2. Water drops & didgeridoo (performed by Nata) constitute this mysterious intro, quite long once again upto 1’57, whereas the rythmic elements,a bit more smashing, have already appeard since 1’10. The kick is very round though. A very far spatial layer opens the harmonic part, soon followed by several elements, reinforcing the lost & cosmic floating feeling. The coming of the didgeridoo at 3’19 is a but unexpected & incongruous for me nevertheless from a pure japanese musical conception it doesn’t surprised me as much after all (i mean japanese oftenly make & experiment weird mixing tones compared to more classical european sounding approach in their productions).

All along the tune you may noticed a little sparkling sounding like an instantaneous fairy appearance (for example at 2’08 ) to guide through out space in the good direction.

From 5’35 the track evolves to an happier sonic unniverse part compared to the didgeridoo one, the melody makes me think to a little facetious cartoonish character dancing by jumping from one feet to another describing a circle.

3. This time no big intro, direct to more night dancing coloration of course the speed is faster, the rythmic more kickin & the tones results too a bit less polish, at least at first upto 2’13. The melodic lead comes then & Tri-Force , as i already explained before, like to surf on the edge with some more clubby elements from time to time. That’s slightly the case with this lead but it’s more obvious with the one at 4’36 in a slighty sour way, but nothing cheesy for me. A break made of samples ‘Give me one rythmn’ ‘please write Trance Personnal Waves’ ,‘Welcome to reality’ with a slightly robotized voice occurs from 5’28 upto 5’58.

Then the cyber-robotic feeling of the voice is kept with the following harmony & the squeaning rawly hacked tone upto 6’53. Time to let place for a 1’20 outro still in the cosmic floating & i’m bit lost in the outerspace way but i’m having strong fun.

4. The sound of the intro is typical for me from the basket playing, i mean the sound produced by the baskets on the wooden area while running &changing direction. The kick gets one more time louder here. There’s some fairy loops illuminating the tune from 1’34. Upto 3’34. Time for a progresively floating break made of the remaining fairy loop letting place to a magic up & down going carillon & backgrounded woman voice layer. The rythmic retstart at 5’08 with the pre-quoted elementes. The track wins in density with a melodic lead at 6‘00 unfortunatly i find it to be too clubby-cheesy this time, hopefully it doesn’t last longly (hardly a minute). Then there’s the come-back of the fairy loops at 6’54 that have vanished earlier for a nice sweat progressive outro.

5. The intro let think that this tune will more look like to Trance Personnal Waves & that’s what happens : a more night dancing atmosphere, or maybe grey cloudy should i say, embellish with more boisterous tones. The spirit with Tri-Force still keep cosmic floating exploration like with this layer at 2’02. It’s another nice spatial trip without doubt more energic & shifting though, like especially from 6’02. Just close your eyes & switch on your brain…

6. This one is a step forward into the clubby sphere announcing the clubby climax of the album with the next track. Very limit on the edge with proof of the melodic lead at 2’13 that really sounds clubby-puffing to my eardrums. The backgrounded morning floating harmonies are still present & the tune gets a bit more chiseled after 3’00, even if some noticeable clubby trademarks remain as some drumrolls at 4’25, 4’50 & the big one at 5’40 in guise of break. At this moment (3’06) the melodic part is kinda slighty sour rain falling over you. After the break at 5’15 & the restart, you’ve got some typical psychedelic hacked autotuned voice as a melodic part at 6’45.

7. I don’t like too much this one coz it’s a just remix , so it means it doesn’t receall all Tri-Force trademarks for me. Indeed it’s just too way clubby for me that’s all, just check as main example the piano part at 4’30 and at 6’15 in order that you’ll be able to make yourself an opinion about it. So i skip it.

8. Last one with a pumping structure, posseeds an undeniable positively happy energic & bouncing melody from 1’20. This must be the first time in the album i have this impress of a fat bass sustaining the whole construction & also about so much musical power in a Tri-Force’s tune, check it at 2’ 50 for example. The tune textures gets very rich around 3’00 then comes back to more lightess progresively upto the floating break at 4’00. Around 5’30 a more clubby synth is added but as mentionned before, the whole content is already very rich so it doesn’t bother me here, taken me away inside the big musical Tri-Force tornado ; same thing later on even if this time it is more noticeable with the melodic lead.

Favorites :All except 7.

If you aren’t allergic to some clubby influences mixed with floating morning melodies & harmonies, Tri-Force is probably as strong as Phi (from Elf-Music also), even maybe a little better but in a different style.

8,5/10 Recommended

TRI-FORCE

Entrance To Reality

The first album of Tri-Force, is a very well thought and build journey into heartful trance ...

The trip starts with a progressive morning trance with smart sounds distribution.

Then it continues its trend into a wider aural spectrum allowing us to enjoy the beauty of trance.

A lot of passage are made of uplifting leimotiv increasing the sensation on being on a movie-like trip.

Also, a beautiful remix integration of a classical piano master piece by George Winston is to be noted.

What a pleasure to listen to such an album, can not wait to hear it live, and better live outside in the morning ...

Tri-Force – Entrance To Reality

Posted Image

Hi-res: front

Artist: Tri-Force (Japan)

Title: Entrance To Reality

Format: CD (jewel case)

Label: ELF Music (Japan)

Cat. #: DDCE-4009

Distribution: QQS/Wirikuta

Date: 7 September 2005

Track listing:

01. 09’25” Layered Oscillation

02. 08’20” Aquasphere

03. 08’24” Trance Personal Waves

04. 08’56” Spectral Breeze

05. 08’23” Interstellar Harmonics

06. 08’59” Dream Circulation

07. 09’47” Longing / Love (Moondance Remix)

08. 11’16” Oncoming Oriental Transformers

Review:

Balearic, progressive neo trance…

The Japanese label ELF Music has released some excellent material over the last year: The Phi album, the Hydro Generator album + the brilliant compilation After 10 Years Of Japanese Trance… All class CDs… And now, here’s the debut album from Tokoy-based Tri-Force - Sha-A (Yoshinori Saito)… My knowledge of this guy’s achievements is limited, but I do know that he had a clubby track on the compilation mentioned above… He also had a track on the 2003 Deja Vu Records compilation Zen, but I haven’t heard that one… Anyway, from what I can gather this guy’s style is somewhat less psytrancy than we’ve come to expect from ELF Music – I guess it’s time for some Japanese hybrid trance!

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Layered Oscillation

Woow – this intro totally caught me by surprise… I was expecting fluffy, club-music – but what we get here is kinda distorted, filtered, clean experimental trance… Layered, minimal, distilled – and the wonderful melodies make sure it’s still uplifting… Oh yeah, this might have clubby elements, but as a whole this is pretty damn fine… Half-way through we’re treated to a progressive rhythm section too… That’s right, we go from minimal, over melodic to progressive trance – and back again! All in one track… Hybrid trance for sure – and nice hybrid trance too!

#02: Aquasphere

Again the intro is very anti-fluff here… Sounds like Ultimae chill complete with a didgeridoo and digital drops… After a couple of minutes a heavily filtered bassline is introduced alongside some synth-action… The high-pitched, dreamy melodies sneak their way in, creating a very harmonic, uplifting – yet somehow minimal track… Melodic trance with uncomplicated little twists and twirls – and with definite hints of progressive… It’s all very well-polished and nice, but I’m already starting too loose interest I’m afraid…

#03: Trance Personal Waves

“Give me one beat…Please ride those trance personal waves …Welcome to reality!” Finally some tempo! Yeah, we launch straight into a banging kick-drum on this one… This is still very much commercial trance, but the psy-link is becoming more evident now… Again, this is a hybrid of styles ranging from trance, psytrance, electro to progressive trance… Pretty banging and happening… Good, but not amazing…

#04: Spectral Breeze

Once again the psy-link is evident, and we’re close to crossing over into regular full-on here… Synth-flavoured electro bits and pieces are all over the place, as are nifty little, twirling melodies… Half-way through there’s a big, phat progressive rhythm section creating a pretty groovy atmosphere… Somewhere in between über-fluffy full-on and uplifting progressive trance… Not bad at all…

#05: Interstellar Harmonics

This track was already released on the 2004 ELF Music compilation After 10 Years Of Japanese Trance so I’m just gonna copy/paste my review from that one… This is a very harmonic, floating melodic track… Long, atmospheric, drifting pads with epic qualities… Kinda reminds me of the first 3-4 tracks of the 12 Moons album Solid State released by Candyflip in 2004… It would fit right in on an Ibiza-compilation… It’s kinda clubby, though with a distinct psy-trance edge… It’s nice and well-produced, but still a tad too well-polished for my taste… But then again, on this album it’s one of the better tracks!

#06: Dream Circulation

A murky intro here – somehow foreseeing what’s about to happen… Well, kinda! Drum experimentation, atmospheric pads, static hissing – and soon enough we’re in a strange, housy, progressive trance-hybrid of a track… Cool! Also the spiralling little synth-melodies are tasty! Twirling, acid-emulation… Neat! Sadly the track shifts back into well-polished, Balearic trance later… But the first half is cool and the second has its moments too… ;o)

#07: Longing / Love (Moondance Remix)

This track was originally composed by some dude called George Winston – and this is the Tri-Force remix… But yeah, this is more ecstatic, uplifting, joyous, commercial club-trance – with elements from psy both sound-wise and structure-wise… Loads of cheesy stuff here – someone honk the cheddar alarm! The Robert Miles-like dreamy outro is kinda cool, but it goes on forever… Overkill!

#08: Oncoming Oriental Transformers

Again this is pretty standard, club-trance with psy’ish elements… But this one is actually less fluffy and has more bangin’ parts! It breaks down nice with spacy stabs and then builds up again – a real commercial crowd-pleaser… Crowd-pleasing is not bad per se, this is just too Ibiza for me… Decent track!

Well, forget about psychedelia on this one… Or rather, think cross-over trance! No matter how you twist and turn it; this *is* commercial club-trance in essence… On the plus side, Tri-Force never pretended to be psy-trance – he just borrows elements from psytrance and progressive trance… Sadly borrowing alone doesn’t always cut it – and coming from a psytrance background I’m not overly impressed by this album… It’s all very, very well-produced and it’s uplifting as fuck… Unfortunately, that’s not what my doctor ordered!

But, we do get some very distinct influences from both psy-trance, minimal and progressive trance here – and that’s what makes this album stand out from just-another-commercial-trance-release… After all it is released on ELF Music and it sure has its moments – but I’m afraid those really awesome moments are just too scarce for my taste! As mentioned before, this crosses well over into commercial trance realms, so fans of clubby hybrid trance will have a field-day with this one… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 4, 6

DeathPosture

Posted Image

External links:

ELF Music: http://www.elf-music.net

Amazon Japan: http://tinyurl.com/7aos9

Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/adsut

Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/9qqvz

Cisco: http://tinyurl.com/drv34

Track 4 reminded me of another track, might be Audiotec or Space Cat...the melody sounded familiar, can't quite place it though...

Track 7 was interesting...like DeathPosture said "cheese"... : ) But it is addictive, it makes you bounce your feet until you catch yourself doing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my #1 choice for positive moments... like waking up early in the morning in a good mood, with acid-blue sky and burning sun up my window.

Tri-Force doesn't pretend to be something else, it has got so much cheese on it - it becomes hilarious! Fun stuff!

Your friends will love it too and it doesn't matter what music they are into. I've got a good friend that's bagging our 3 djs to play track 8 (oncoming oriental tranceformers) in the morning after the party we are having in few week and the guy is into suomi/goa stuff only!

Anyway, I will always prefer Tri-Force to all that PvD, AvB and Tiesto!

Enjoy!

• 2 years later...

Tri-Force - Entrance To Reality

Posted Image

Entrance To Reality is the debut album of Yoshinori Saito from Tokyo, he wrote all tracks, except T.6 which is a remix of a track from George Winston. The mastering was done by Tatsuya Kase & the graphic design is by Masaki Obari.

1. Opening on a quite long & sweet morning muffled intro upto 1'25, then a quite discrete rhythmic appears with a round kick. Since the intro your brain will be hooked by the morning floating layer & harmony, from 06 there's a little tip for the background rhythmic made of sounds close a repairman hitting on something. The atmosphere is like a wonderful wake up, thanks to your open window you can already smell the morning dew on the roses (the melodic lead from 2'20) coupled with an imminent sunrise (at 3'20 with the voice sample fx). At 4'10, the content gets slightly more clubby but results still a lot acceptable, little by little all your senses set

up back to their optimized possibilities. From 6'20 your energy bar is full, you're now ready for a full day fill in with mental & physical activities.

elements,a bit more smashing, have already oftenly make & experiment weird mixing tones compared to more classical 2. Water drops & didgeridoo (performed by Nata) constitute this mysterious intro, quite long once again upto 1'57, whereas the rhythmicappeared since 1'10. The kick is very round though. A very far spatial layer opens the harmonic part, soon followed by several elements, reinforcing the lost & cosmic floating feeling. The coming of the didgeridoo at 3'19 is a but unexpected & incongruous for me nevertheless from a pure Japanese musical conception it doesn't surprised me as much after all (i mean Japanese but with European sounding approach in their productions).

All along the tune you may noticed a little sparkling sounding like an instantaneous fairy appearance (for example at 2'08 ) to guide through out space in the good direction.

From 5'35 the track evolves to an happier sonic universe part compared to the didgeridoo one, the melody makes me think to a little facetious cartoonish character dancing by jumping from one feet to another describing a circle.

3. This time no big intro, direct to more night dancing coloration of course the speed is faster, the rhythmic more kickin & the tones results too a bit less polish, at least at first upto 2'13. The melodic lead comes then & Tri-Force , as i already explained before, like to surf on the edge with some more clubby elements from time to time. That's slightly the case with this lead but it's more obvious with the one at 4'36 in a slightly sour way, but nothing cheesy for me. A break made of samples 'Give me one rhythm' 'please write Trance Personnal Waves' ,'Welcome to reality' with a slightly robotised voice occurs from 5'28 upto 5'58.

Then the cyber-robotic feeling of the voice is kept with the following harmony & the squeaning rawly hacked tone upto 6'53. Time to let place for a 1'20 outro still in the cosmic floating & i'm bit lost in the outer space way but i'm having strong fun.

4. The sound of the intro is typical for me from the basket playing, i mean the sound produced by the baskets on the wooden area while running &changing direction. The kick gets one more time louder here. There's some fairy loops illuminating the tune from 1'34. Upto 3'34. Time for a progressively floating break made of the remaining fairy loop letting place to a magic up & down going carillon & backgrounded woman voice layer. The rhythmic restart at 5'08 with the pre-quoted elements. The track wins in density with a melodic lead at 6'00 unfortunately i find it to be too clubby-cheesy this time, hopefully it doesn't last longly (hardly a minute). Then there's the come-back of the fairy loops at 6'54 that have vanished earlier for a nice sweat progressive outro.

5. The intro let think that this tune will more look like to Trance Personnal Waves & that's what happens : a more night dancing atmosphere, or maybe grey cloudy should i say, embellish with more boisterous tones. The spirit with Tri-Force still keep cosmic floating exploration like with this layer at 2'02. It's another nice spatial trip without doubt more energic & shifting though, like especially from 6'02. Just close your eyes & switch on your brain…

6. This one is a step forward into the clubby sphere announcing the clubby climax of the album with the next track. Very limit on the edge with proof of the melodic lead at 2'13 that really sounds clubby-puffing to my eardrums. The backgrounded morning floating harmonies are still present & the tune gets a bit more chiseled after 3'00, even if some noticeable clubby trademarks remain as some drum rolls at 4'25, 4'50 & the big one at 5'40 in guise of break. At this moment (3'06) the melodic part is kinda slightly sour rain falling over you. After the break at 5'15 & the restart, you've got some typical psychedelic hacked autotuned voice as a melodic part at 6'45.

7. I don't like too much this one coz it's a just remix , so it means it doesn't receal all Tri-Force trademarks for me. Indeed it's just too way clubby for me that's all, just check as main example the piano part at 4'30 and at 6'15 in order that you'll be able to make yourself an opinion about it. So i skip it.

8. Last one with a pumping structure, possess an undeniable positively happy energic & bouncing melody from 1'20. This must be the first time in the album i have this impress of a fat bass sustaining the whole construction & also about so much musical power in a Tri-Force's tune, check it at 2' 50 for example. The tune textures gets very rich around 3'00 then comes back to more lightness progressively upto the floating break at 4'00. Around 5'30 a more clubby synth is added but as mentioned before, the whole content is already very rich so it doesn't bother me here, taken me away inside the big musical Tri-Force tornado ; same thing later on even if this time it is more noticeable with the melodic lead.

Favorites :All except 7.

If you aren't allergic to some clubby influences mixed with floating morning melodies & harmonies, Tri-Force is probably as strong as Phi (from Elf-Music also), even maybe a little better but in a different style.

8,5/10 Recommended

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I agree, it could have been better, definitely, but this is nothing near the levels of Spiritual rising bad. It's average imo.

To note, he has a new album out called Tales Of The Beginning. It's very costy though, 30e with shipping overseas from http://techno.to/item.php?id=TACM-001 .

You can also find it as digital for around 10e. Gonna have to check it out sometime.