The end of Spirit Zone?

Templar

Is it true?

When I was at Fullmoon Festival '05 in Germany I've bought some CD's at Spirit Zone's shop. The price of one CD was 6 Euro, while 4 CD's were avaiable for the price of 20 Euro. I was more than happy to see such a discount (I've bought myself f.e. some old Space Tribe albums, "Noosphere - Aqua", "Shiva Chandra - Subsonic", "Element - Full Moon" etc.), when the guy who sold the CD's told me that "the label is closing down". At first I didn't believe that and forgot all about it, enjoying my shoping spree. After I came back home from the festival I started to think whether the guy was right all along... After all many artists who were the primary rooster of Spirit Zone are long gone from their mother-label. Space Tribe has his own label called Space Tribe Music, the new Electric Universe album is said to be released somewhere else than S.Z. and another S.Z. old-timer (Shiva Chandra) is releasing his album called "Change Of Air" on Sinn Tec Records. What is more, I've heard a rumour that Antaro is not interested in the label anymore. Last but not least, I've checked the label's website www.spiritzone.de and it's not working.

Can someone confirm or deny my "what if's"? Blue Room Released, Flying Rhino, Matsuri Productions, Transient Records... All of them being great and legendary labels... Are we seeing another one biting the dust?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true?

When I was at Fullmoon Festival '05 in Germany I've bought some CD's at Spirit Zone's shop. The price of one CD was 6 Euro, while 4 CD's were avaiable for the price of 20 Euro. I was more than happy to see such a discount (I've bought myself f.e. some old Space Tribe albums, "Noosphere - Aqua", "Shiva Chandra - Subsonic", "Element - Full Moon" etc.), when the guy who sold the CD's told me that "the label is closing down". At first I didn't believe that and forgot all about it, enjoying my shoping spree. After I came back home from the festival I started to think whether the guy was right all along... After all many artists who were the primary rooster of Spirit Zone are long gone from their mother-label. Space Tribe has his own label called Space Tribe Music, the new Electric Universe album is said to be released somewhere else than S.Z. and another S.Z. old-timer (Shiva Chandra) is releasing his album called "Change Of Air" on Sinn Tec Records. What is more, I've heard a rumour that Antaro is not interested in the label anymore. Last but not least, I've checked the label's website www.spiritzone.de and it's not working.

Can someone confirm or deny my "what if's"? Blue Room Released, Flying Rhino, Matsuri Productions, Transient Records... All of them being great and legendary labels... Are we seeing another one biting the dust?

308522[/snapback]

yes, the label closed down and is not longer existing because of financial reasons caused by a distribution which went bankrupt!

308522[/snapback]

I can't believe it ! Even this one too ? Sheeeet !

Same was with Transient, it also ended last year...<_<

We are doomed on commerical trance !

Suntrip and the rest, SAVE US !

Guest Kai-Q

yes, the label closed down and is not longer existing because of financial reasons caused by a distribution which went bankrupt!

308542[/snapback]

The name of the ditributer was EFA Medien. This distributor had published many famous Labels e.g. Spirit Zone, Matsuri Productions, Koyote Records, Transient or Blue Room Released.

I was worried about that Spirit Zone will not longer exsist, because many of they regular DJ's changed the or founded a Label like SBK, Space Tribe, Gabriel le Mar and Shiva Chandra.

I can't believe it ! Even this one too ? Sheeeet !

Same was with Transient, it also ended last year...<_<

We are doomed on commerical trance !

Suntrip and the rest, SAVE US !

308543[/snapback]

Yeah, commercial Trance Sucks. :P:lol:

They had some great releases for sure, so it´s quite a big loss to the scene. But then again their last couple releases were pretty shitty imo, nothing that grabbed my attention, just almost the same fullon crap everybody else released if I remember correctly.

I own only 1 spirit zone thingy..

global psychedelic chill out 2.. i think

Not that big of a loss for me.. oh well

308696[/snapback]

Would you like me to free you of that heavy burden?

Been looking for that one for a while...

Very bad thing to hear, I didn't know about this. I have some of their releases and even when this is not my favourite lable I'm shocked. They were huge?! Anyway, I will buy the SBK album with Treibstoff on it immediately from my local psyshop as long as it is still available... Guess it is from Spiritzone when I'm not mistaking.

Really no big deal... they never did release anything special. As long as Dragonfly lives... and Twisted.

Biggest loss was of course Blue Room.

Which are the 'special' ones?

309973[/snapback]

Okay maybe for someone who hasn't listened to this kind of music for more than a year there is indeed nothing special there..

If I had to pick the good ones:

spirralianz, space tribe, shiva chandra, sbk, ooze, garbriel le mar, etnica, electric universe.. and gms - no rules has some goodies too..

Okay maybe for someone who hasn't listened to this kind of music for more than a year there is indeed nothing special there..

If I had to pick the good ones:

spirralianz, space tribe, shiva chandra, sbk, ooze, garbriel le mar, etnica, electric universe.. and gms - no rules has some goodies too..

309977[/snapback]

You're such a prick sometimes...  :angry:

310013[/snapback]

Look at the list traveller made.

Spirallianz? Like X-Dream.

Space Tribe? Generic stuff.

Shiva Chandra? Boring.

Sbk? Who the heck?

Ooze? Ambient mediocreness.

Gabriel le mar is not too bad.

Etnica? Well if you like that style...

Electric Universe? Generic stuff.