Choose Your Genre

seraph

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Psy and Goa

I voted for "Hard Dark Trance", because I like mainly harder and darker stuff. However, that doesnt mean Hardstyle or any Hardcore-influenced stuff, which I consider quite stupid.

Oh well, I love Goa and Psy equally (Psy excluding most full-on), and my secret passion is acid trance... the 303 thing must be divine :)

i don't know what to vote because i want to choose more than one of the options.

also depends of state of mind, location, ambient, people.

306809[/snapback]

ok, i voted for psytrance. but i like many genres also.

minimal prog

...tech also

307313[/snapback]

Ummm, there isn't such thing as minimal prog.... :P

307704[/snapback]

seraph i advice you not to mess with DA GIRLS.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Voted for goa trance but actually i like dark proggy (haldolium, procs, gregh on earth) & all scandinavian music.

I used to call the dark music i listen dark psytrance but since full on is infesting the dark and the sounds are much more aggressive then they used to be i call it dark progressive now. Dark, but subtile.

And then sometimes i have these nostalgic goa trance rushes, mostly after a really really good or really really bad party.

For me it all depends on moods again, mostly goa trance (so I voted for that), but I like finnish crazy music as well, experimental trance,acid trance and scandinavian trance also :)

And if I am i chilled mood, some ambient or progressive can do the trick :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

307704[/snapback]

Tim Sensient lives 'round the corner from me in Melbourne and he calls his stuff minimal progg so :P back at ya :D:lol:

307704[/snapback]

well they called it minimal back in the days before progressive entered into the psychedelic trance scéne... and the first progressive in the years 2000 - 2001 is indeed more minimal then the new wave of melodic progressive we experience today...

I understand the name minimal progressive...

progressive without any melodies but heavy bassline like reefer decree, auricular, atmos (in the beginning), beat bizarre in the beginning of progressive...

progressive without any melodies but heavy bassline like reefer decree, auricular, atmos (in the beginning), beat bizarre in the beginning of progressive...

315693[/snapback]

Early Atmos progressive without melodies ? ? ?

Headcleaner is full of melodies, I even call it the best progressive trance album ever... :)

Early Atmos progressive without melodies ?  ?  ?

Headcleaner is full of melodies, I even call it the best progressive trance album ever... :)

315849[/snapback]

full of melodies is much said...

you have to admit that the melodies from headcleaner can't be compared to the melodies they use now in progressive like freq...

except for psy-trance, i also  like dark and prog trance and most of the european full on but israëlien full on i don't like that much.

peace&love

315898[/snapback]

more belgiums floathing since that topic on psychedelic.be :lol:

me like that a lot B)

well for me Goa = part of psychhedelic trance, and saying this is goa trance, this is psy trance isnt very easy...

anywayz voted for Goa Trance...

although i usually prefer to refer to the music i listen as "Psychedelic Goa"

btw what do you mean with Ambient Trance ???

I used to listen to Goa all the time, but I am now getting more and more into progreessive trance, I actually listen to prog only.. :D

316370[/snapback]

it comes and goes :)