Psychedelic trance is amazing

vancbc

Sorry to be so lame and state the obvious, but psychedelic trance fucking rocks!!!!!

Today I received a used copy of Tantrance 6 from France. The cover art is awesome. When I opened the album cover and was looking at the artwork of the elephants and the temple in the trees inside, I caught the smell of nag champa incense that had somehow burned itself into the album cover....i started to tingle in anticipation of what was awaiting me and wondered where the album had been.

I swear, the longer I listen to psychedelic trance the richer and better it gets. There's so much in it, and you hear something different every time. The headspace is amazing. And to think that a couple of years ago I bought this weird album by Pleiadians called Identified Flying Object, listened to half of it and threw it on a back shelf for several years.

Geez, this stuff sucks you in and you can't get out!!!!!

....enough rambling but it had to be said. :P

1% of it is outstanding.. the rest is pure crap  B)

297742[/snapback]

That could be true, I don't know. Whenever I explore a genre of music I pretty much research it and find the 'golden age' of the genre and purchase the classics that nearly 100% of the people agree were the gold standards by which all music of its kind can be compared.

It means I have a smaller music collection but I'm fairly confident I'm listening to the best of the best.

indeed the best years are, i'd say, the firsts 3 years you listen to psychedelic trance, this period is fantastic, you always discover new things in this music.

297740[/snapback]

eheh .. my honeymoon is over :lol:

what to do? :unsure:

in fact, music written in `99 sounds much better than most contemporary releases

to my taste

Hey man, Tantrance 6 is (in my opinion) one of the best compilations that ever got released! i think it was my 3rd or 4th psytrance cd, but it still is holy to me.. many great names and only good songs on it, very strong and powerfull / dark compilation.. the coverart is amazing yeah... really fits to the music, i love the green glow and that 'dark' temple on the backcover... favourites: Sandman, psychopod, Orion, Cosmosis, Elexir, GNOTR, Four carry nuts etc.. and oh what a good way to close a compilation with Hallucinogen - Spiritual Antisceptic!!!

indeed the best years are, i'd say, the firsts 3 years you listen to psychedelic trance, this period is fantastic, you always discover new things in this music.

297740[/snapback]

true

in fact, music written in `99 sounds much better  than most contemporary releases

to my taste

297762[/snapback]

true

1% of it is outstanding.. the rest is pure crap  B)

297742[/snapback]

false.[a bit too exaggerating]