Chilling Matenda - Mediteran (Global Phonehead)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Chilling Matenda – Mediteran (Global Phonead records)

Tracklist:

1. Good Old Sun

2. No Comprendo

3. Wonderful Life

4. It's A Long Time Ago

5. Mediteran

6. Arpeggio Grazioso

7. Lucky Smile

8. Adio Raj

9. Flashback

10. Need You

Mediteran from Denis Matenda ?

In summertime, it’s end of afternoon, the beach, the sea, the sun and you. The sun isn’t burning anymore, his beams are just tickling your body. Little by little the beach results deserted and the sand is now lukewarm while the sea withdraws.

You, lying down the sand, face up to the sky and eyes closed whereas the sweet wind caresses your face, are listening to the soundtrack of your inner mental trip…

That’s it.

Some other great reviews of this fantastic album:

This is what Liese wrote for Mushroom-magazine

Chilling Matenda "Mediteran" (Global Phonehead) CD

Denis Matenda seems to be totally into chillout nowadays and with his second release in this genre he also presents us a masterpiece of modern electronics. Dreaming, melodic and deep intros followed up by excellent arranged beats are the reason for the motions of the listener. I am not able to judge which are my favorite Tracks here because all of them are real pieces of listening art and I have to slow down to play not only this CD.

This is what www.amboworld.com thinks about the release:

"Gourgeous melodic rolling sounds instantaneously transport you to mediterranean beach bars. i can almost see the swizzle stick in my virtual cocktail each time i put this in the player. absolutely top tunes for summer, replayed four times after the first listen, total quality from denis matenda, mastered by son kite: this piece is without question a top ambient release for 2005. what a perfect way to start the long hot summer. global phonehead records have started their label with a sure winner. top tunes, well done folks. and the artwork by bakke is really rather jolly good."

And this is what Konstantine on Freeze Magazine thinks about the album:

" I can not find the words to describe these magic, sunny ,summer lovely, sounds, it´s amazing. Just put this album in your cd player and go to the beach and enjoy the magic music together with the lovely mediteran sea.

Thank you Denis for these sounds.

The only thing i want now, is to fall in love during the summer,while I listen to this album. "

• 3 weeks later...

Two more great review´s. The first is from Damion on www.psyreviews.com

"This is seriously amazing music, and I’m not going to listen to anyone who says it’s ‘not psychedelic’ or whatever. If you like music that’s simply good music, and you want something a bit different, then this could be one of your best friends this summer. "

Read more at http://www.psyreviews.com/reviews/june072005.html

And the other made by Tigo at www.psychedelicplanet.com

"It is indeed a great album and when people verbalize "peace on earth" I can suggest including this brilliant music as the remedy to succeed. "

Read more at :

http://www.psychedelicplanet.com/reviewMediteran.php

• 3 weeks later...

This album is already a summer-favorite. The sound is ethereal, warm, laid-back (and of course, not at all psychedelic). It sounds a bit like more commercial cafe del mar / ibiza comps or some downtempo eurotrance stuff in some places but Matenda is careful enough to not let it drift away too much. This is a very well polished album, very clean sound, sweet & calm trancy synths, hypnotizing steady slow beat, pure bliss. Enjoyed most in a beach bar gazing at the sea.

• 2 weeks later...

This album is already a summer-favorite. The sound is ethereal, warm, laid-back (and of course, not at all psychedelic). It sounds a bit like more commercial cafe del mar...

285939[/snapback]

100 % true

very trippy music :)

*EDIT

this album is a definite summer favorite

and probably best ambient release that I`ve heard this year

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...