J.Viewz – Muse Breaks (Deeplay Records, 2005)

Frontier Psychiatrist

1 Under The Sun

2 Muse Breaks

3 Worth Light

4 When Silent It Speaks

5 Your Country

6 Room For Me, Room For Sweets

7 Meantime

8 Sunswoop

9 Feeler

10 Two Steps Away

11 Protected

12 Hidden Track 5:56

Well well, the anticipation is over and the debut J.Viewz album is on my CD-ROM. Wouldn’t be correct to mention how much I waited for this album to arrive. Some really high expectations are on this piece of plastic…

The album is being released after several teasers appeared on several compilations in the last few months. Esta on Natural Born Chillers (Aleph Zero Records) and a Remix to Bluetech’s Prayers For Rain (on Aleph Zero as well). The question is simple. Is it good?

Yes, it is good. It’s tasty, emotional and eclectic trip. The whole 64 minutes it runs.

But J.Viewz is not only one man effort. Jonathan teamed up with various collaborators, most notably Noa Lambersky that contributed her vocals in several tracks, the unstoppable Michele Adamson, Odelya Nini (Achinoam Nini’s sister perhaps?), Chulu and a bunch of another musicians. Would be silly to go through all the tracks and mention the merits of each. They all are very good and suitable for different moods. From the Ibizan Chill out of Under The Sun, Garage vibes on Muse Breaks and emotionally charged Worth Light and When Silence It Speaks

to Jazz-housey Meantime, Sunswoop and Two Steps Away. All very well crafted and enjoyable. I really hope that this amazing album will reach as much listeners as possible. That’s probably the reason why Jonathan picked more mainstream label, the Swedish Deeplay Records. Although, I must admit, I never heard about it and don’t know neither of its artsts but I really really hope it will break through. With proper promotion this album may and should reach wide audiences.

Solid 5 stars from me

Sometime last year I really discovered J.Viewz. When ever I found his music on some compilation it always stood out compared to the rest. All the tunes I could find by him where excellent; sound quality, ideas, atmospheres, melodies, just great stuff!

Unfortunately Muse Break's fails to deliver. The sound quality is there, but almost all songs are littered with the sickly-sweet singing. Plain awful!

I'll keep on locking for those odd J.Viewz tunes without singing, this one will be deleted though.

What an album!

its truely a wellcomed change in my stereo.... my fav. is "Your Country"

254766[/snapback]

have to agree great great chill selection from a talented artist. Safe with the older generation with the girlfriend, in the car, after a night out, or with small company... very enjoyable

• 3 weeks later...

I guess it's either hate it or love it album.

255031[/snapback]

It´s a LOVE IT for me...

Very very talented guy, it seems... The ´musicality´ of this cd is very good, if you know what I mean. I love the jazz influence there. Most vocals are very well chosen.. The vocals on the first track, though, are not really my cup of tea.. appart from that, I really dig this album

9/10

Damn...this album is beaaauuutiful. My favorite tracks are "Under the Sun", "When Silent It Speaks", "Feeler", and the bonus track. I know a lot of people dont like the jazz elements in this album but I'm love it. My brother plays jazz around town all the time and I always hear jazz in my house so this disc was a welcome addition. I especially like how "clean" the production is, and how Jonathan Dagan added break-like elements similar to his work done as Violet Vision.