Full-On Bass

Hallo Hallo!

Having a bit of difficulty getting fast full-on apprg. melodic basslines...

Using vsts.. at the moment most my basses are produced on Vanguard.. I can get simple apprg. basslines but they are getting boring... Phat Controller seems to have masterd this. ;)

Please help :blink:

I recommend Audiorealism Bassline for Basslines (the name says it already). Simple to use, works great. And then try some heavy compression (but not too heavy, or your bass gets distorted). In order to let your notes "slide" into each other, increase the decay.

I recommend Audiorealism Bassline for Basslines (the name says it already). Simple to use, works great. And then try some heavy compression (but not too heavy, or your bass gets distorted). In order to let your notes "slide" into each other, increase the decay.

248564[/snapback]

For sure, Audiorealism is about the best bass synth you'll get in a vst version.

Vanguard is far too thin and metalic to get decent basses.

Check this two threats from Isratrance, first one is a step by step tutorial to your full on bass written by Mike_a, second is the mother of all basses threat.

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/53266/forum/2

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/...c/56391/forum/2

They are both to big to copy and paste them, sorry :)

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

get vb-l...

and play with velocities and note lengths...

248519[/snapback]

Are you talking about Steinberg Virtual Bass- 1 ?

The bass guitar simulator?

vb-1 can give u great basses. I like it a lot - must still start using cubase more instead of fruity. Don't know why I tend to stick to fruity.

• 2 weeks later...

Vb.1 is cool, I like the sound of his "high Clicks"!Very good for some higher notes!

I use Vb-1 mostly in morning-melodical trance songs, like Morning-FullOn, Goa Etc...

Tau is also very good! nice and smooth bass with less "high cliking" (or none?) heheh

I like to use it in darker tracks!

I also like "boobass(fl studio)" and "3xosc (fl studio)" :)

Oh well... Basslines you can make them with any synths! so I recomend you to use different ones.

Why always use a default MEGA Tau, Vb-1 Blasting fullon basseline? :)

peace!~

Smiley =)

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

it's not what you use

it's how you use it

a synth can do so much for a bassline - saw with a fast envelope. the rest - is up to you and what you do with the bassline. :)

Lately I've found iBlit to be great for basses (full on basses)!. Play with decay, sustain and release (have all of them pretty low to allow for many fast notes), maybe you'll even want to use a gate or something similar, to make it even clickier (depends on if you want it smooth or "d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d".

Tau is good too, use the glide time knob :)

You could try using loooong notes with the chopper attached to it and then some sidechain compression on that.