progressive psytrance

Ale

30 members have voted

1. 1. progressive psytrance

• progressive psytrance is psychedelic
    • progressive psytrance in NOT psychedelic

progressive psytrance is NOT psychedelic

239605[/snapback]

That's what I call a self-contradiction. If it's not psychedelic then how can it be progressive psy-trance? Not all progressive trance is psychedelic, but progressive psytrance is, hence its name.

the name for the genre is rather wierd... progressive trance, while it progresses into nowhere at all :blink:

progressive psytrance such as........... ?

psychedelic as in............?

if by progressive psytrance one can include Antix, Vibrasphere and Ticon, and by psychedelic one can say: ´it tells as story, creates images on one´s mind, plays with one´s senses, takes someone on a mental trip´, then yes I would consider it psychedelic.. and much more psychedelic than gms and co, imo...

thoug are such a narrow minded person.

its like this ... point.

and no way else.

do you respect other people with different taste?

or do you just remain short sighted. ???

i like progressive. its a style where you get sucked in into the music. leaving lots of oppertunity to explore your mind.

dont like the party's thoug...

not so peacefull as i would like to see it.

good tunes anyways...

flying mind

239607[/snapback]

Ah, yes, the flying mind. Look at it go! Weee!!!

If you don't find progressive psytrance to be psychedelic and start a topic and poll about it, you'd better be able to back it up better than this.

Guest .::E.P

progressive psytrance is NOT psychedelic

239605[/snapback]

It's obvious that you dont know what progressive is! If you only listen to wannabe progressive artists that actually better suit the category "Full On Progressive clones" then I agree with you. And there's quite a few of them these days. No need to mention names ;)

But if you care to listen to the many very psychedelic and hypnotic progressive artists out there then you would not have made such a biased and "lack of knowledge" poll.

Some progressive trance/house is even going back to the roots of trance as it used to be a while back (deep percussive and very hypnotic music). A lot of today's so-called trance is not at all psychedelic or hypnotic. In order to get into a state of trance you need repetetiveness and less layers and flashy anthems. 99% of the "modern" trance fail to deliver that!

So I suggest you start to listen to more variated music. Then come back and debate ;)

Progressive psytrance is psychedelic,psychedelic progtrance is progressive,psychedelic psytrance is progressive and progressive progtrance is psychedelic.

bah

Fuck this shit,i prefer listening to BOC

Guest The Journey Man Project

hehe it's such a dumb question seeing as psychedellic states are personal, and seriously, if ou;ve taken acid your already in a psy state so whatever the music you'll trip... Progressive is a helluva lot more goa and trippy than all the Israeli bullsh*t rollin' out these days, loving Zenon, Crotus, Groovezone and ZMA... Iboga are pretty awesome as well and Tatsu's last two compilation are so spaced out it's amazing!! Also ver fun to ix :)

hehe it's such a dumb question seeing as psychedellic states are personal, and seriously, if ou;ve taken acid your already in a psy state so whatever the music you'll trip... Progressive is a helluva lot more goa and trippy than all the Israeli bullsh*t rollin' out these days, loving Zenon, Crotus, Groovezone and ZMA... Iboga are pretty awesome as well and Tatsu's last two compilation are so spaced out it's amazing!! Also ver fun to ix :)

239752[/snapback]

Sorry, but i can't fly with Iboga and Tatsu.

off course progressiv is psychedelic... there also exist psychedelic rock so why does progressive can't be psycyedelic...

to be the truth I experience some progressive more psychedelic then all those melodic morning fullon releases...

still lot's of new progressive releases like lish, freq aren't that psychedelic comparing to the older progressive stuff like refeer decree, altom - hologram...

I just realized that you like goa.

If you like goa, imo, you should like progressive (not crossover housy stuff, but what ppl call psygressive) more than fullon. Much more similar in terms of structure imo.

239868[/snapback]

Iboga and Tatsu are monotonous and weak, housy.

I just realized that you like goa.

If you like goa, imo, you should like progressive (not crossover housy stuff, but what ppl call psygressive) more than fullon. Much more similar in terms of structure imo.

239868[/snapback]

Psygressive?

I want to discover this new style, give some titles.

I find psygressive boring..... and goa too weak and noisy...

blow me :P

CYANSCENS

now thats what i call good progressive

its fast enough to be psytrance....

i think it's fast prog..

opinions??? please. . .

In order to get into a state of trance you need repetetiveness and less layers and flashy anthems. 

I don't know about that, don't get me wrong, I love progressive psytrance and minimal techno and its trance inducing qualities. I do however find that layers, build ups and "flashy anthems" can produce states of trance too. An intense euphoric release can shedder the ego and introduce a state of trance, just as the repetetiveness of progressive trance or minimal techno, at least for me.

So I suggest you start to listen to more variated music. Then come back and debate ;)

239745[/snapback]

The so called die hard goa/psy lovers do indeed need to widen their horizon.

I have just started chekking out the progressive stuff and I really like some of it. To my cosmology progressive isn't psychedelic tho... except some of the Posford's proggy stuff...

Well, maybe this opinion will change....