Melancholic,atmospheric,beatless psy-ambient

Ormion

You bought Lifeforms?Man,honestly,its not just a mastepiece.Its a work of art.Its fucking divine.Sit back,relax and have a listen  :)

If you are looking for darker and more minimal ambient check Matthew Florianz.There are a lot of mp3s to d/l at the site.Enjoy.

237299[/snapback]

Yep,that's the one I got.

Is it that good? I've only heard an ambient track from them, Papua New Guinea and I was amazed! Lifeforms is even better?

Is it that good? I've only heard an ambient track from them, Papua New Guinea and I was amazed! Lifeforms is even better?

237302[/snapback]

I told you,Lifeforms is the album.The sounds,the melodies,the atmosphere...all perfect.But then of course its also a matter of taste.But if you like trippy atmospheric chill music,get ready for a flight.

I agree 100% with the lifeforms !! a true masterpice

and as i see it, it is a 3 cd release where "Amorphous Androgynous - Tales of Ephidrena" is the third cd . . they fit perfectly , and as i have herd the Amorphous Androgynous cd was suposed to be the lifeforms cd at first but was rejected by the recordlabel . check that out aswell if you havent got it already!! :rolleyes:

And of course if you like FSOL style(ok there is no man on earth that doesnt like it...anyway) dont miss Dead Cities and ISDN.Different style and different feeling but the music quality is high class!!Especially Dead Cities in an electronic genre by its own.We are talking about 10/10 albums ;)

And of course if you like FSOL style(ok there is no man on earth that doesnt like it...anyway) dont miss Dead Cities and ISDN.Different style and different feeling but the music quality is high class!!Especially Dead Cities in an electronic genre by its own.We are talking about 10/10 albums  ;)

237331[/snapback]

Touche!! :D

ive heard SO much about this album for a long time, its praised so much... ive never heard it yet tho, what kinda ambient is it? trippy? dark? scary? light? soothing? spiritual? im barely into ambient, but so far i like steve roach for true spacey ambient, and shpongle for melodic trippy ambient...

ive heard SO much about this album for a long time, its praised so much... ive never heard it yet tho, what kinda ambient is it? trippy? dark? scary? light? soothing? spiritual? im barely into ambient, but so far i like steve roach for true spacey ambient, and shpongle for melodic trippy ambient...

237476[/snapback]

Light-melodic-blue sky-summer-day-ambient, you'll love it. Works well in the night too.

237476[/snapback]

Thats the point.Its everything.Trippy,scary,light,spiritual whatever you want.Its not just ambient.

Thats the point.Its everything.Trippy,scary,light,spiritual whatever you want.Its not just ambient.

237545[/snapback]

No, it's not everything, it's "just" ambient, very good ambient though.

Keep your expectations realistic and you will be very happy with this album.

No, it's not everything, it's "just" ambient, very good ambient though.

Keep your expectations realistic and you will be very happy with this album.

237552[/snapback]

When im saying everything i mean not just light or darkness not just happy or melancholic.All of them.

And no its not just ambient.Check Lifeforms track for example.There iare also some downtempo elements.And i know that their intension was not to create another "ambient" album.Ambient in its pure form is much different.Nothing to do with psychedelic ambient for example which is a combination of psytrance and ambient.Anyway.Who cares about the genre and other details...this album stands alone with no competition(IMO).

When im saying everything i mean not just light or darkness not just happy or melancholic.All of them.

And no its not just ambient.Check Lifeforms track for example.There iare also some downtempo elements.And i know that their intension was not to create another "ambient" album.Ambient in its pure form is much different.Nothing to do with psychedelic ambient for example which is a combination of psytrance and ambient.Anyway.Who cares about the genre and other details...this album stands alone with no competition(IMO).

237559[/snapback]

Now I understand what you meant in the first place. :)

Guest .::E.P

237302[/snapback]

Well it's not the same as Papua New Guinea. It's more experimental. But damn good. FSOL has always been on my chill top together with The Orb.

Lifeforms is amazing and one of best ambient i know but its not the kind of easylistening  like lot of 'psybient' .. so it may sound kind of dissapointing at first when everybody praises it

237646[/snapback]

He is right.You need at least a month to fully realise and explore the depth of this album.

Ok, I just listen both cds and I can say that YES it sounds great! Of course I have to listen to it more times.

And Domain is unbelievable!!!! This is exactly what I'm looking for!

I've been recently interested in the work of Simon Polinski, of hesious dome and ornament. i have the ornament cd ("bleu") and it's a lot of very slow, glacial rhythms that slow fade out into deep reverberating ambient. very entrancing, i use it to go to sleep.

i've seen a new hesius dome in the psy netshops lately - can anyone vouch for it's quality?