2. Beams of Light

3. Headed for Infinity

4. High Gear

5. Anti Gravity

6. Serious

7. Machines Job

8. Cyber Hiker

9. Substance

The old legend is back. Ever since he did music as Tandu and Pigs In Space I thought that Ofer was a cool guy. But his previous albums hasn't got to me as much as this one. This album will be called full-on cheesy by some people. Well, thats kinda true. But this is actually well made. Which make this stand out from the other crap :) The production is top notch without sounding plastic. Melodies and bouncing sounds as he is known to master. When I listen to this I get the feeling of Infected meets Space Cat. But without abusing soundeffects and melodies. Which may be the thin line between cheesy and not cheesy. You never get bored with the tracks. When a sound or melodie stops a new one takes over. Great percussions and basslines. What more can I say? Probably alot. But when you are in the mood for something morning-like and quality full-on this one is the one to chose. Very well put together album.

Final Verdict: 8/10

Purchase here:

Psyshop

Saikosounds

Guest antic

Is it only me or does this album sounds a lot like Avi Algaranti's (Space Cat) music? I know they've been working together and he mastered it, but there is definitely a big influence clearly audible. I think it's a pitty, because he lost his own style in this.

OK, it sounds impressive, there are some good moments in it, but overall it's not very emotional or imaginative. It's painfully simple at times and there's nothing new musically here, which wasn't the case with his older albums (Delirious :))

I think it's just slightly above average but when if I take in the consideration the musican behind it, I just have to lower my rating. 5/10 from me...

Is it only me or does this album sounds a lot like Avi Algaranti's (Space Cat) music? I know they've been working together and he mastered it, but there is definitely a big influence clearly audible. I think it's a pitty, because he lost his own style in this.

OK, it sounds impressive, there are some good moments in it, but overall it's not very emotional or imaginative. It's painfully simple at times and there's nothing new musically here, which wasn't the case with his older albums (Delirious :))

I think it's just slightly above average but when if I take in the consideration the musican behind it, I just have to lower my rating. 5/10 from me...

229932[/snapback]

no man,

you are not the only one who has this feeling...

Guest antic

No Basilisk, it does not have layers. It's just one simple "melody" after another. That's one of the reasons it reminds me the rather medicore Space Cat's last album :)

this is pure typical morning fullon like astrix... only the climax melodies at the end sound good but that's all... oforia has been around since 1998 in the psy scéne and I do expect some more intillgent fullon then this release with 7 years of experience...

If this would be his first album I rate it 8/10...

considering it's an old skool artist I rate him 5/10 imho

The question is: does it have layers?

Space Cat's recent album was boring due to a lack of layers. I need more than one melody at a time for this style, and I expect it from these old school guys damnit :)

230038[/snapback]

I agree, and I didn't like Space Cats last album either. I actually found it really disappointing, although I agree that is one of the better Full On albums of 2004 for what it was, but I hated it. Both Space Cats and Oforia's earlier stuff was much better, but their new stuff is like, boring, not many layers, and very clubbish -- just too general and predictable sounding!

This Oforia album reminds me of Space Cats last album somewhat as well, and I never found Pigs in Space THAT good but it sure is better than this unimaginative, TYPICAL Full On sound. If some of you like it, er, okay, but it sounds far too much like all the other Full On crap to me. I'm sick of it.

You never get bored with the tracks.

just curious here... how many times did you listen to the album Insejn? I'm guessing you had it for a few days, one week tops? and you use the term "never"? "Never" is a pretty strong statement...

just curious here... how many times did you listen to the album Insejn? I'm guessing you had it for a few days, one week tops? and you use the term "never"? "Never" is a pretty strong statement...

230495[/snapback]

Oh, yeah. That wasn't very thoughtful of me to write. It's pretty likely you will get bored of the tracks in time :)

few trax are ok, but it wears off vey fast...

some great sounds and the production is very nice...

but lacks some imagination and depth imo...

230213[/snapback]

I think the difficulty is that there are many many releases like this - nice production, great sounds, little imagination and depth. Why buy this instead of something else, right?

It sounds as if I will pass on this one... I don't think Ofer will ever top Pigs in Space (another fan right here).

I was dissapointed when I finally heard the album :(

Hoping for much.. but the songs don't have much diversity. I mean, he uses his own sound but his older work is so much more layered and thought out.

Maybe he lacks inspiration nowadays? I don't know, but this album doesn't cut the cake for me! :(

this is pure typical morning fullon like astrix... only the climax melodies at the end sound good but that's all... oforia has been around since 1998 in the psy scéne and I do expect some more intillgent fullon then this release with 7 years of experience...

If this would be his first album I rate it 8/10...

considering it's an old skool artist I rate him 5/10 imho

230179[/snapback]

Ummm, even though you have good knowledge in old school you missed very important fact...Ofer hasn't been around 1998...he did release his first album then, DELIRIOUS, but he is israeli pioneer since 1994 when he gathered with Space Cat and Marko Goren and made INDOOR project where they released PROGRESSIVE TRANCE...His next project was with the same guys called INSCAPE where they made 3-4 singles...After which it followed to PHREAKY where is the same guys but with help of Dino Psaras. After that they split, Space Cat formed Space Cat project and Marko and Ofer stayed and made TANDU, another full length album which was great. After that he startted his solo project OFORIA where he released DELIRIOUS. So, you see, he was there since very beginning...

Now, this album.....Ummm, it does remind a lot on Space Cat last album as well, but I actually liked Space Cat album even though it was clubby. This album is surely more psychedelic than his last one but it lacks something to be really great. He does miss layers but there is something else, he used a little bit too much guitars for my taste...This is pretty good album but it needed more diversity...7/10

Ummm, even though you have good knowledge in old school you missed very important fact...Ofer hasn't been around 1998...he did release his first album then, DELIRIOUS, but he is israeli pioneer since 1994

230957[/snapback]

:) well my statement is with this new information even better... instead of being around since 1998 it's 1994 so I would expect much more intilligent music and diversity...

ps: I'm good in remembering tracks and lots of old skool but like labels and who was in 'indoor' & who not such a stuff I'm not that into... I'd rather concentrate to end product the music, instead how or who made it... (just a different way to consume goa not better or worse ;) )

but then again thanx for the info seraph... always nice to know :)

hmmm... I listened to the album and I must say I find these statements a bit exagerated. First of all, let's be clear on this: Offer might have been one of the godfathers of israeli psytrance... but his music never was particularly complex. Even his Pigs in Space project which I consider to be the one with the most "dynamic" tracks isn't a model of complexity. His style always has been one of simple melody after simple melody or the other formula: random stuff for 5 minutes + a killer last one or 2 minutes. So from that point of view this is still pretty much Oforia's style, I don't see why people complain about it.

There's one thing missing for sure compared to his older stuff: the acid riffs! Now his music sounds much more "smoother" than older stuff. Maybe that's what you people mean by "lack of complexity"?

Anyway, for me this is one of the better releases this year. It's not THE best but it's some pretty nice morning trance. As far as "soul" is concerned I'd still go for Muses Rapt but this one is much more danceable. 8/10

Ummm, even though you have good knowledge in old school you missed very important fact...Ofer hasn't been around 1998...he did release his first album then, DELIRIOUS, but he is israeli pioneer since 1994 when he gathered with Space Cat and Marko Goren and made INDOOR project where they released PROGRESSIVE TRANCE...His next project was with the same guys called INSCAPE where they made 3-4 singles...After which it followed to PHREAKY where is the same guys but with help of Dino Psaras. After that they split, Space Cat formed Space Cat project and Marko and Ofer stayed and made TANDU, another full length album which was great. After that he startted his solo project OFORIA where he released DELIRIOUS. So, you see, he was there since very beginning...

230957[/snapback]

You took the words out of my mouth =)

but his music never was particularly complex. Even his Pigs in Space project which I consider to be the one with the most "dynamic" tracks isn't a model of complexity. His style always has been one of simple melody after simple melody or the other formula: random stuff for 5 minutes + a killer last one or 2 minutes. So from that point of view this is still pretty much Oforia's style, I don't see why people complain about it.

232095[/snapback]

well that's your opnion but I see lots of complexity in pigs in space so ;)

considering your statement you are right... but considering my point of veiuw about ofora's production you are not :)

np :D

• 1 year later...

My main gripe with this album is its overall commercial approach. This sounds like something a 1000 other artists could have released and has absolutely NO personality. Full-on bassline, some FX, a happy club-trance minded theme, break here and there, and back on track. Yawn !

Strangely enough, after eight similar, boring tracks, closing track Substance enters with far more edge. Still a full-on track, this seems far less eager to be deciphered, is less predictable, more relentless and with its monotony comes with more edge than the former 8 tracks together.