Planet B.E.N. - Ant Invasion

Cinos

I feel this deserves a topic of it's own... Ant Invasion is by far one of the most visual tracks ever! I can almost see the ants marching forth to the beat of ant war-drums and later some sort of blowing instrument, all so very insectiodically hostile.

Too bad the rest of the stuff on Trippy Future Garden isn't as good.

I feel this deserves a topic of it's own... Ant Invasion is by far one of the most visual tracks ever! I can almost see the ants marching forth to the beat of ant war-drums and later some sort of blowing instrument, all so very insectiodically hostile.

221770[/snapback]

That track was a excellent track at that time, even if I prefer the tracks Welcome to the future, and above all the last one Trippy future garden, for their complexity, their entrancing side! But yes Ant Invasion is a mix between minimal and old school goa, the whole album is important, i think this is the album which converted me into more minimal psy.

Planet B.E.N. - Ant Invasion.

221770[/snapback]

I totally agree with both those things. I was expecting so much more with this album, wondering where all the great tracks were that people had talked about. When I heard Ant Invasion, I figured that its tracks like this one that made Planet B.E.N. more known, but by that point I was almost totally turned-off. I felt that this track had the most character; it was unquestionably the most interesting and fun, and my favorite song on the album. The last one is just too long and plain repetitive and boring for me. (22 minutes)

Overall a decent album I find it now, with one really good or great track. It was probably great or one of the best in its time however. I suppose that because this came out in 1995 I think, thats one of the reasons why some people love it so much, the several hundred people in the entire world who heard it back then ... when there was little else, this was quite innovative and creative, but unlike the Hallucinogen, AP, Pleadian, Cosmosis albums, this has got that really "outdated" feel and sound to it. Too bad he doesn't produce great psytrance anymore. I think the side-project, Vacuum Tub was his last kickass, well done album. ;)

Well it is definitly the best track on planets ben trippy future garden... there are only 2 tracks that have a real climax at the end this one é trippy future garden has got one too but not that strong...

This release you like it or you don't, it's very typical & unique... no dancefloor killers but great for homelistening...

Indeed creepy psy creatures crawling from everywhere and considering it's from 1996 and sounds very initlligent...

I find this album to be totally amazing, all the way through. It's not for every mood and it's not the most hectic album ever, but oh man... there's some SERIOUS psychedelia going on in there! It's a bit of an acquired taste and I won't try to talk any of you into liking it, but there are some of us who really appreciate the whole thing. Too bad he never reached that same depth later on. His latest album ("Full On") sounds like a joke compared to Trippy Future Garden.

Oh, and I have it on both CD and vinyl ofcourse =)

True planet bens following releases are nothing like 'trippy future garden'... that for my considaretion one of the most psychedelic albums released... I've heard some tracks of his latest album 'fullon' and it is exactly a joke... I stopped listening after tracks 2 cause I don't care -_-

Ant Invasion is an incredible track... As a stroke of luck, my local music pusher had the album back in 1999 when I started collecting seriously - and now it's virtually impossible to find... Anyway, AI is a smashing track... A journey really... That rhythm section still sends shivers down my spine everytime I listen to it... Brilliant stuff!

DP

Yeah, Ant Invasion is great but I more prefer Trippy Future Garden! So much layers and stuff going on, it is like he used 50 chanells for this track...Amazing...But I quite liked Screwdriver, very goaish...;)

• 1 month later...

Check ebay once in a while, it's available sometimes ;)

Also, Non Sense from Planet ben is probably as good as Ant Invasion imo... Also feels like some insect park with all the little bugs crawling around you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can almost see the ants marching forth to the beat of ant war-drums and later some sort of blowing instrument, all so very insectiodically hostile.

221770[/snapback]

I'll try to re-listen to it from that view :), but I didn't like it too much so far.

To me "Questionmark" is better, for instance (can say nothing about the other tracks on "Trippy Future Garden")...

• 3 years later...

Well it is definitly the best track on planets ben trippy future garden... there are only 2 tracks that have a real climax at the end this one é trippy future garden has got one too but not that strong...

This release you like it or you don't, it's very typical & unique... no dancefloor killers but great for homelistening...

Indeed creepy psy creatures crawling from everywhere and considering it's from 1996 and sounds very initlligent...

+1 :lol:

So true, but even if Ant Invasion is the best track of the album, the other are great too

but hard to get into