1200 Mics - The Time Machine

Strumpling

Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Why?

207241[/snapback]

Typical 1200 Mics flare. I can't help but take this album as a joke. Not necessarily bad in my opinion, but nothing particularly groundbreaking as well. If you're a fan you most likely won't be disappointed.

8.5/10

I personally like the 1200 Mics album. Is is really not groundbreaking or anything but is nice melodic music like the two other 1200 Mics albums before. They have their style and stick to that.

Abou the Raja Ram's Stash Bag: There allready is a review in the review base in which Mars rants about the compilation. ;) I don't think it is that bad. It's the typical 08/15 full-on trance you here a lot nowadays. There are two tracks I like on it: the one from 1200 Mics (High Paradise) and one GMS tracks (Todo Mundo). The GMS track has a nice break with spanish vocals and the 1200 Mics track I really like a lot. It has a part with the Peter Gun melody in it and I like the other main melody. The rest is not really worth mention. Not bad but not really special.

Well you can always read my review of 1200 Mics in the reviews section :) I'd just like to add that since I've written the review, the album is actually growing on me!! Especially the last 2 more downtempo tracks (I actually find Garden of Eden to be one of the best 04 tracks!!). So if you're open-minded enough not to diss it immediatley jut because it's a GMS project then I'd say go for it!!

I'd definatley pick it over Raja Ram's Stash Bag 3... highlights of that comp for me was Eskimo - Popcorn with a sample from an 80s Italo Disco track!! Also call me stupid but I liked the Skazi remix of Smells Like Teen Spirit *ducks to avoid the rain of empty soda cans aimed at his head*

I believe that 1200 micrograms is one left of a generation that used to tell stories through their psychedelic music... and that is what I like about them and always will... ok they use that typical morning fullon formuala but everybody does...they were one of those who fucking invented it!!! :P it is how you use it...

1200 mics uses lots of different sounds and samples what I like... those goa releases go on forever...

100% keep up the good work 1200 mics... :D

thanks for the input guys....

What about this Raja Ram's Stashbag volume 3?

207282[/snapback]

Stash Bag 3 sucked all the way. It made me cry in the corner and yell out "WHY GOD, WHY?" because I loved Stash Bag 2 :unsure:

from listening to the samples.... it sounds like it would be good party music. Happy, crazy, a little goofy, but definitely not deep or cerebral. The ridiculous voice samples are a little off-putting.

I'm really startin to think (and maybe this should have been obvious from the very beginning) that 1200 Mics are NOT meant to be taken seriously. It's party/comedy trance.

it sure was cool when I got very stoned 

lol didn't you know that ANY music sounds cool when you're stoned??

I'm really startin to think (and maybe this should have been obvious from the very beginning) that 1200 Mics are NOT meant to be taken seriously.

maaan I never thought of that... ever thought of getting into politics? Cause they could really need someone like you ;)

I'm really startin to think (and maybe this should have been obvious from the very beginning) that 1200 Mics are NOT meant to be taken seriously.  It's party/comedy trance.

207472[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

nooooooooo... I believe how longer your into the goa scéne how more with a distance and sober look you interpretate all those goa expressions... I think those guys are laughing every minute while making their music and I don't blame them... I love 1200 mic's :) ... It's to much but it is how you interpretate 'to much'.... as a negative or funny way...

I respect them... It's only the so called 'die hard' crew that is critizing on the coolnes and not on the quality... that it has to be real into the unreal ;) ...

not pointing in any direction or judging anybody... respect to all, just a thought B)

I'm listening to Raja Ram's Stash Bag 3 again and I have to say I've found another track that is nice: Hypersonic - Every Single Sound. Like the melodies and the general feeling of it.

raja rams stash bag is ok......not really a fan of the cheesy songs on it....like GMS tuedo mondo, or the 1200 mics and the remix of the nirvana song.....

every single sound is good, few others stand out as well - dizzy mind back up , dino thank you for calling, and the DNA one is pretty cool.

I just got 1200 mics album on vinyl. pretty good, little dissapointed in a few of there songs, eg that stupid fucking greece song. ....Garden of eden is good, few other quality tunes. prefer there other albums... IMO.