what was the best live act you ever seen it?

Guest L25

What was it the best live act you ever saw?

I think when you see a really live act of a psytrance artist is when you got the real chance to get to know the project in his best.

Now lets get to the point...

The best live acy i ever seen it was: KRUMELUR!

I saw them a few months ago in a small festival here in Brazil, and they where genius, i mean he build up a live that was perfect to me. Who seen it, hnows it!

I must remenber that others factors made it perfect for me, like the foggy night, very few people on the dancefloor, great friends that were there , the chillum....

- Hallucinogen. Heard him live last year, and boy, what a journey. Perhaps it was just me being nostalgic, but it was pure bliss from the first to the last second. All the tracks sounded as fresh as they where made yesterday.

- Son Kite. Heard them 2 times (last time was this weekend), and like Hallucinogen they manage to spice up their tracks, make small rearrangements, change the tempo, sometimes change the bassline a bit, and sometimes add new elements. Like when Seb pulls out the MIDI-Violin, and starts playing some of the synths. Amazing to say the least.

euhm I found most live acts rather boring... I believe listening 1 or 2 hours goa from the same artist is never good... I prefer a good dj set with some story...

still the best that I have expierenced is rastaliens... that kind of psytrance challenges for live acts just like hux flux, skazi, lani...

mm, another one of these posts where i could on on forever..

mmm, the most interesting live act (in the sense that i got a could mindfuck) was psysex...they were doing this constant thing with their high frequencies and panning...it was like dental floss for your head if u know what i mean..im talking high frequencies just being blasted at you, but with moderation and with skill, because it was at the point where it almost hurt your ear but never quite got to that point..i saw them live 2 last year at festival where son kite headlined the day before..although their music may not be my favorite, their live act was impressive..

the other most impressive live act ive seen (ive seen a lot, and i dont want to sound commercial) but 1200 mics put on one hell of a show...they had so much gear and they were just tweaking the hell out of everything they had...was truly amazing..

i do live acts myself, so im gonna say the two live acts i saw were definately the most inspirational...of course i could go on and list paste, haldolium, timetech, etc..all great live artists but they just didnt show me the innovation that psysex and 1200 provided...

peace!

Very Easy one for me, Juno Reactor at Roskile Festivalen in Denmark 1997. As a sidenote, until then the best live act I have ever seen was the same band in 1996 also in Denmark hehe. I came to the festival early early, I was there already on wednesday (it starts thursday). We were partying a lot the whole night (AFTER building tents hehe).

Well, we woke up on Thursday and went to the "techno" tent, and it started out pretty cool with LTJ Bukem sound system all day long, very good atmospheric drum and bass.

Friday was quiet boring I have to say (Well, not really boring, because I was so damn damn hang over!), well then Deep Dish (I THINK it was) played a mad groovey house set. And I mean, comon, wow St Germain after that. Well, that was for the hang over, because then I had already gotten a lot of alcohol in my body again, and the music got better and better. Later that evening both Slam and Daft Punk played some really MAAAAD sets as well. Daft Punk was definitely the best band that evening, they REALLY know how to spank the shit out of a 303 (Live atleast)

Waking up that Saturday was really hard! Well, we went to the d-day tent again. Oh did I mention that I was a stand in dj? Well, thats another story, hehe.

So, there I was very very very dried out from various substances and a large amount of Alcohol, in a tent that was so frikkin hot that I could not even sleep though I was so tiiiiiired.

Shit, the day went really fast, lots of fun, naked showers and a lot of running around on the marketplace, talking bullshit with everyone that we bumped into. Was really funny, I met a guy from Denmark called Peter there, and he told me that he really liked my dj style, and that we should talk about...... blah blah, well now, I was getting more and more well, lets say DRUNK.

Standing in the d-day tent, and FINALLY something what I am into. PSY TRANCE. This saturday was dedicated to PSY, there was KoxBox, there was Montauk P, wow that Live set really kicked some serious butt, they basically took all the Saafi Brothers tracks (yes, for those who didnt know, MP and SB are the same guys hehe), and speeded it up and added a PHAT bassdrum and nice basslines, playing live guitarr aswell, sounded cool for once.

Jean Borelli also played a wicked set, infact all the djs played very good at that day.

THEN, THE LIVE ACT! JUNO REACTOR! WOW, I have never seen something like this, I have never HEARD something like it. Live Bassguitarr, Live Guitarr, Live Drums, FRIKKIN HELL! I was enchanted (I mean, I loved the band before). Well, I cant really explain the feeling, it was like a super mega explosion in my body, I could not stop dancing, and trust me damn, I was moving every mm of my body, even my toes were twiddling up and down (Well, thats what it felt like hehe). The drums were so tight, the sound was so compact, yet so rich, everything was perfect with this live act. Damn, I wish I had a timemachine, then I would take you all back to that evenening!

Anyways, that was the best live act I have ever heard, and it has been since. Many good ones have followed, but NONE have beaten Juno Reactor. Anyways, I could go on and on and on about these days, because they were so so nice, I experienced so many things. I met some of the people that are still very important in my life! Well, for now, ciao!

Looking forward to read more about this subject.

I unfortunately haven't had a chance to live much live acts in the part of the world i live, but psysex was pretty amazing !!

I have no doubt 1200mics put on an amazing show ! I'd love to see them !

The juno live act seems pretty amazing too but i don't think he does that anymore though..

I saw Dino Psaras a while ago and it was amazing, but not live act though.. Semi live-act i believe ...

sun project 2000 - by 3am, you brain is orbiting somewhere around saturn, and then you see these three aliens emerge with huge buggy eyes, banging drum kit and guitar. every time the drum-smacking alien hits a hi-hat, green neon arrow shoots thru the entire side length of the warehouse. gotta get me one of them alien masks. met this super hot girl from ethiopia as well - ok, that's another story. ;-)

djnemo: thanx for the description. damn, i missed out.

I heard many live acts that I loved : Astral Projection live acts used to be fenomenal, Shakta had a stunning live act back in 2000, same stands for Chakra. There are more of stunning live acts I've heard : Alien Project, SUN Project, Astrix, Infected Mushroom, X-Dream, Space Cat, Man With No Name, Koxbox, Joti Sidhu, Dino Psaras and many more...

Koxbox

199889[/snapback]

i waited quite a long time to see them... last month i finally got the chance to - but heard beforehand that ian and franke dont perform together anymore (ian as saiko-pod, franke as koxbox)

frank e´s liveact was disappointing, no old songs and not very danceable at all :( his dj set was okay...

- Hallucinogen. Heard him live last year, and boy, what a journey. Perhaps it was just me being nostalgic, but it was pure bliss from the first to the last second. All the tracks sounded as fresh as they where made yesterday.

199845[/snapback]

I second that. Hallucinogen live was my first ever psy party and still the best I've ever seen/heard.

sorry guys, but i think mine takes the cake. 1999/2000 millenium vortex/alien safari party on an apple farm in cape town, south africa. Hallucingen's live set, he actually wrote the tune "Milloonium" for the Vortex party in South africa (for those of you who didnt know) and at 12 o clock all the sound went down and the "ticking" intro from that tune started. (they had an 80 000watt sound rig) and it just went mental from there onwards. insane and fantastic. best live set i have ever experienced. plus i was tr1pping my nuts off. so it was all gewd.

I haven't seen that much live acts during my party days. I just can remeber Asia 2001 and Space Cat, but this was at the very beginning of my wild party phase, so I can't remember if they were just djing or really playing live. Anyway, I liked both but I didn't know how "famous" they are. The other liveacts were all progressive psy I didn't appreciate.

I remember another one: Sun Collector from Switzerland. They are not well-known outside Switzerland I think but when I saw them about two years ago they where great. Playing live instruments like dodgeridoo and guitars.

My favorite live act was probably the one where i didn't notice it was a live act, and kept dancing insted of staring at some stage :)

It's extremly rare that any kind of real live is going on anyway, and I can think of one live where i didn't think that i rather hear a good DJ.

So...for me the best live act I seen I think is the sabri brothers (pakistan traditional quawali music), or maybe greatful dead...although there I don't know if it had to do with something the deadheads dropped in my hand....the stage show was astonishing :)

sun project at zoom 2000

today, i dont like their style but back then it blew my mind. it was my first BIG party and everyone was going nuts. 20.000 people jumping and screaming

Yes Yes Yes another one. Just wanted to mention this party with Sun Project, but you were faster.

So I want to add "Element" as headliner of the Zoom 2001. This was even better.

So I go for Element as the best Live Act I ever saw!!

Fohat

Hmm ummm

Hallucinogen 4 times.. twice in finland, twice in greece.. gets better every time :)

Astral Projection live was quite tight although i don't even like em too much..

ummm

Prometheus live was fabulous.. would have been way way better though if I had heard some of the tracks before it.. I kinda like knowing what I'm dancing to.. you know..

ummm..

X.Dream live was good..

Son Kite aswell..

ummm

Younger Brother was dissapointing.. as if they only put the cd to the player..

umm..

Ott's new live is GREAt!

oh well.. :rolleyes: