Astral Projection - Ten

cgranber

Yes i downloaded it.. yes i will buy it:)

Over the past ten years Astral Projection has written what some consider to be the best and most sophisticated trance music in existence. The true masters of the sound are still masters of the sound, but to be honest I am a bit dissapointed with this album. I'm a huge AP fan, and these songs sounds way too similar to all the other full-on stuff around. There is no energy and it lacks the special melodic feeling these songs had in it's original state. It sounds way too techno, and as you know techno doesn't have any kind of feeling. I actually prefer the good old domestic remixes. They had integrity, new sounds and still the AP touch. It is a good album, but the full-on sound just doesn't do these songs justice. In their rush to be cutting edge or to crank out another album most artists now seem to fall into this category. Anyway, it must be very hard to remix something that already contains everything to make a track perfect so props to all the artists for trying;) AP gets criticized for sounding old and being unoriginal. What's wrong with ppl? I think it is really stupid that every full-on artist sounds the same!

If u're a true AP fan and love the original astral sound like me u probably wont like this album. Still, go buy it and support avi and lior! Can't wait till their new artist album gets released later 2004/2005.

ASTRAL PROJECTION FOREVER!

I am with you guys...They are no matter whoever say still masters of the genre and whatever they input won't be dissapointing. BTW, I heard John 00 Fleming Rmx and it is not full on at all. It exactly sounds like it has been made in 1996. I am also not for full on remixes of Astral Projection, but what a heck, we are waiting for new album anyway.

I don't like that CD. They should have chosen more "unique" (better?) artists to remix the tracks imo. Now it sounds like regular full-on. And all tracks does that, except a few. But some might think that is good :)

This is how I would have chosen the artists:

Let The Be Light (Logic Bomb)

Visions of Nasca (Bamboo Forest)

Dancing Galaxy (Alternate Vision)

Liquid Sun (Vibrasphere)

Nilaya (Psysex)

Aurora Borealis (Deedrah)

Mahadeva (Scorb)

People Can Fly (Hallucinogen)

Chaos (Broken Toy)

Power Gen (Wizzy Noise)

I listened to it yesterday. This is no new AP album. Only a tribute remix album by all the full on heads in the mood. There are good tracks, there are bad ones.

SpaceCat and John00 didn't deceive me, the rest was too much full on for me. however this is not a bad album. Too bad, like Insejn said that THESE artists were chosen. I'd have chosen others too (Bamboo Forest, yeah you're right dude !)

Let The Be Light (Logic Bomb)

Liquid Sun (Vibrasphere)

People Can Fly (Hallucinogen)

Power Gen (Wizzy Noise)

196404[/snapback]

These are the most interesting tracks for me, or the tracks, I most look forward to. Where is it possible to listen to some samples?

Insejn you are right, these fuckers could be great!

196456[/snapback]

They certainly could. A remix cd of Astral's work deserves to be remixed by the best of artists, which I think it didn't. Not even close to good artists. Too bad.

1. Chaos (Bizzare contact rmx)

2. Nilaya (Melicia rmx)

3. Dancing galaxy (Dynamic rmx)

4. Powergen (Space cat rmx)

5. Let there be light (Atomic pulse vs Perplex rmx)

6. People can fly (Delirious rmx)

7. Visions of Nasca (BLT rmx)

8. Auorora borealis (Deedra rmx)

9. Liquid sun (Star X rmx)

10. Mahadeva (John 00 Flaming rmx)

this is the track list of the new album TEN.

well, as u can see, the remixs are beeing done by full on artist so saddly we can expect a full on album.

Astral are my favorite group and i just can't accept a full on album. what we realy wang is a new goa trance album!

i like to hear some brand new astral p tracks, and not remixed oldies. or better, a suprice come back album from M.F.G. that will be cool. 1996 was a fantastic psy year :)

i like to hear some brand new astral p tracks, and not remixed oldies. or better, a suprice come back album from M.F.G. that will be cool. 1996 was a fantastic psy year :)

196563[/snapback]

yeah, their prophecy album from 96 roxx. overload......... mm;) astral have some new tracks on newer compilations...