Beatless soft warm ambient

psytimeofmylife

For the past two days I've been looking through topics at Psynews searching for beatless ambient. I really don't know what came in me, because never before did I look for beatless ambient, just the one with slow bpm.

Anyway I checked Dreamfish, Evan bartholomew, Biosphere, Ian Ion. As much as I like the sound of these albums, I miss some sort of warm, fuzzy sound... I don't really know how to call it. If it could be represented it would look like the sun or a sunny day.

I also wanted to check some albums which carry a story with them , but except of the Mistery of teh Yeti 2, I couldn't find any. So yeah, I'd be more than happy to get any suggestions of that lovely warm atmospheric sounds that should still available in shops.

Thank you.

Well very cliché but try ISHQ, Elve..., solar quest - orgship

Btw Biosphere - substrata I think is a fairly warm album...

Oh, yes, Ishq, Ishvara, Elve and every other side project of his :)

There should be a new release by him soon.

Patrick O' Hearn - Glaciation

Wow, that's one I didn't expect. A New Age artist. Honestly, though, being an ex-New Age fan, I do notice a lot of New Age motifs in chillout. And that's fine with me. New Age lacked the cool beats.

Patrick O' Hearn - Glaciation

hm.. do you maybe have an idea where I could find some (longer) samples? I checked Amazon but those 30s samples don't help me, and at his webpage, there's only one song :unsure: .

@ Otto Matta: Hm, New age music? Maybe this is what I'm looking for. It's been so long since I last heard some of this music that I totally forgot about it.

Thx for the idea!

I also wanted to check some albums which carry a story with them , but except of the Mistery of teh Yeti 2, I couldn't find any. So yeah, I'd be more than happy to get any suggestions of that lovely warm atmospheric sounds that should still available in shops.

Thank you.

I recommend for you

Adham Shaikh - Journey to the Sun which has some lovely warm sounds & very story like and available

Other people have already recommended you Ishq - Orchid, which I definitely second! Beautiful sounds but unfortunately out of stock in most online stores & at Dakini's website. Still it's worth the GBP30 it's being sold for on discogs.

Although there are some cold sounds I find Solar Fields - Extended to be such a beautiful, warm/cold journey that it shouldn't be passed up. Still available here but probably not for long.

I wanted to recommend Matt Coldrick & Matt Hillier - Elemental Journey - Absolute Ambient 2 available at psyshop. The other release on that label Music For A Busy Head is warm and fuzzy & available too.

Elve - Infinite Garden & Ishvara - Magik Square Of The Sun were available at the website virtual world last time I checked but it seems to be down. Check back another time & maybe you'll be able to get them.

The comp Oxycanta maybe beatless enough for you, the beats are all very subtle & is still available at Ultimae

Although there are some cold sounds I find Solar Fields - Extended to be such a beautiful, warm/cold journey that it shouldn't be passed up. Still available here but probably not for long.

Wuuuuuahhhhh - Thank you so much :D

after seeing this one for around 100$$$ @ discogs, i didn't expect to get it anywhere for a resonable price :)

thank you!

Wuuuuuahhhhh - Thank you so much :D

after seeing this one for around 100$$$ @ discogs, i didn't expect to get it anywhere for a resonable price :)

thank you!

Ok, whoever bought all available copies, go fuck yourself. :pissed:

Virtual world is offline for over a month now or something... updating 2 weeks... :unsure:

Ishvara album was sold out when I last checked. Elve is still for sale I guess, but already have it. Actually hoping that I can get my hands on ishvara after all when it's up again... Maybe new album would be nice too :)

Ok, whoever bought all available copies, go fuck yourself. :pissed:

don't tell me you waited? This album is an instant buy, no thought, no hesitation.

Although it would be really really shitty if some bastard bought a load of copies to sell for $100+ on discogs :pissed:

Hi,

My first post here... I got a tip that our online shop was being discussed here!

Sorry for any of you disappointed by missing out on our copies of Extended. I can confirm someone bought four copies, and I do feel a bit naive now that I've found out how much they are going for on Discogs! Our last copies of Blue Moon Station also went quickly. I will be wiser in the future ;) At least you know about our shop now :)

Our music shop is part of inSpiral lounge, run by those behind IDSpiral and Synergy Project, so we get a lot of our CDs direct from the artists. Sometimes this means that we have unusual and rare CDs.

We are still working on the website so there's plenty of layout problems we are aware of, but it is functional and you can listen to samples of most of the CDs. We are not a huge company, so can give you a bit of a personal service. If you want to know something about a CD just email me on kev at inspiralled dot net.

We have quite a few beatless CDs in stock. I would recommend Music For a Busy Head by Matt Coldrick of Green Nuns fame. Another one I found atmospheric was Erabus and Terror, although this is definitely not 'warm'! It tells the story of two ships who became icebound whilst looking for the northwest passage. You can practically feel the ice when you listen to it. The Council of Nine releases we have are all beatless. Again, not particularly 'warm' though.

I would be pleased to have any recommendations for stuff we haven't got. Music from the shop is played in our cafe/bar so beatless is losing out a bit as we need more uplifting music to get customers through the door! Hey, that makes me think of something we don't sell (and why not...?) that is beatless and uplifting and from one of our resident artists too... you must have heard of Rainbow Dome Music by Steve Hillage? some vintage chill definitely worth checking out. Pure analog synths.

If you're ever in london, come and visit. We're right on the canal in camden near the famous lock!

Nice to meet you all in cyberspace :)

don't tell me you waited? This album is an instant buy, no thought, no hesitation.

No!!!

I've placed the order even before i've replied in this thread...I've received the bad news yesterday :angry:

Although it would be really really shitty if some bastard bought a load of copies to sell for $100+ on discogs :pissed:

Thats exactly what happened :(

My recommendations:

Anahata - The Unmade Sound

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works I & II

Global Communication - 76:14

Healer - Wonderground

Padmasana - Padmasana

Robert Rich - Rainforest

Sync24 - Source

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experience

V.A. - Floatation

V.A. - Oxycanta

V.A. - Oxycanta Winter Blooms

My recommendations:

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works I & II

Global Communication - 76:14

Healer - Wonderground

Robert Rich - Rainforest

Sync24 - Source

V.A. - Floatation

V.A. - Oxycanta

V.A. - Oxycanta Winter Blooms

+1

Really good recommendations. :D

An oldskool track I was just listening to: Jaïa - Sommeil Paradox

Yeah, thats a great album, The Answer is the best track from that album I've found.