REACTIONS - how to move on with these?

RTP

What to do with our "REACTIONS" function?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Reactions will always be anonymous. Shall we ENHANCE the reactions (offer more), keep them as they are or DECREASE the functionality so that we only have the "like" reaction available and nothing more?

• ENHANCE! Offer more reactions and also individualize the fame points associated with them (currently you can not lose fame via reactions).
    • Let it stay the way that it is and DO NOT CHANGE.
    • DECREASE! Reactions should be decreased tho the minimum which is the "like" that can not be removed.

Hello people and all lifeforms on here, 

so we have these "reactions" available to posts since a few years ... the feature seems to be used quite a lot and it seems to be a perk, that the reactions are anonymous: you never know who reacted in which way. This anonymity function is inherent and can not be switched off. (I speculate the reason being that you can not delete a reaction even if you delete an account, so that's why they are anonymous and will always be kept that way.)

Some do not like that concept. 

I have looked into that function and can tell you: it can not be removed entirely. The "Like" will always be available. But all other reactions can be removed. 

I'd like to make a poll - what to do with it? I identified 3 directions: Shall we keep the reactions as they are now - or screw them and only keep the "like" - or enhance them with something more (that needs icons which need to be custom made or obtained royalty-free). 

What is your tendency? 

Thanks for your votes! I will let this stay open a bit and wait for your REACTIONS ;) 

Couldn't you revert back to where it said "Astralprojection and 5 others liked this" for example. That was a good system. Iirc it went away same time the "user level" went away. Spiraling vortex and all that stuff. Even though it was meaningless I kinda miss that 

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/22/2024 at 11:20 AM, astralprojection said:

Couldn't you revert back to where it said "Astralprojection and 5 others liked this" for example. That was a good system. Iirc it went away same time the "user level" went away. Spiraling vortex and all that stuff. Even though it was meaningless I kinda miss that 

Most of these changes come with board updates. Admins and moderators don't really have skills or time to start customizing the board, especially with constant security updates. It's unfortunate but not much we can do about. I also miss that user level thing. Reaching "customize your title" was awesome!

• Like 2

While you're on the subject of site features, I think the view counts are broken, the ones that appear on the right hand side of the post links. They stay at zero even if I open the post.

Edit: It's fixed now. Thanks!

• Like 1