Jump to content

Submit similar tracks please


Arti
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello. Can someone tell me the tracks or artists of PsyTrance or DarkTrance and other substiles of Psy. Accidentally stumbled upon the track Chi A.D. - Liquid Neon Sky. In it, at 1:08, a rumble begins, like a truck or a train is buzzing. Such a cool, unusual and long sound. There is also a track illumicorp - the pain of the insane witch. At 1:34 there is a very funny howl of some animal or person. In general, the tracks are dark, some kind of tin, so that there are unusual effects. Or scary sounds. Thank you in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that you mention Chi A.D. - Liquid Neon Sky ... it's good danceable oldschool goa for me, celebreated especially for it's appearance in the "Battle For Na Pali" promo video, which unfortunately never resulted in the great fan-made Unreal game expansion which was promised, but nevertheless, great track(!) ... anyways, it's something which I would not associate with "weird sound territory"...

(are you after "weird sound territory?" ... your first post, it reads like it)

Where I come from - the depths and crooked canyons of Old School Progressive - there were plenty of strange sounds, weird compositions ... it fitted together very well though.

Try this for example as a starter:

[Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom - Live Tropical Fish]

Tell me if you like that - or what else, so I can serve more ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RTP said:

Interesting that you mention Chi A.D. - Liquid Neon Sky ... it's good danceable oldschool goa for me, celebreated especially for it's appearance in the "Battle For Na Pali" promo video, which unfortunately never resulted in the great fan-made Unreal game expansion which was promised, but nevertheless, great track(!) ... anyways, it's something which I would not associate with "weird sound territory"...

(are you after "weird sound territory?" ... your first post, it reads like it)

Where I come from - the depths and crooked canyons of Old School Progressive - there were plenty of strange sounds, weird compositions ... it fitted together very well though.

Try this for example as a starter:

[Mittelstandskinder Ohne Strom - Live Tropical Fish]

Tell me if you like that - or what else, so I can serve more ^_^

thanks for the feedback.  I love different genres of trance.  ranging from good old full on like 1200 microgram album - 1200 mic's, and also planet ben and didrapest - psychedelic injection.  plus many more artists and tracks.  I also like melodic goa.  modern.  such a meaty sound.  a bit cosmic.  these are e-mantra, nova fractal, median project, Artifact303 and some remixes from astral projection.  I also like toi doi, pcilocybian, trold, braincell.  I also like to listen to psytrance harder.  forest or dark type.  recently discovered the direction of hitech.  This forum is the only one where they can answer my questions.  unfortunately the culture is not as lively as in the 2000s.  Your track doesn't work for me either.  and now I'm just looking for a good darktrance.  it is also interesting to listen to the hardest, scariest and craziest darkTrance.

 

about progressive.  I like.  but not all.  it is sometimes too slow.  but I want faster rhythms.  and the sound itself is delicious.  juicy progressive.  Can you recommend a couple of tracks or artists.  i like once ovnimoon

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liquid Neon Sky and all of Earth Crossing is just unreal. You don't always notice it at first but eventually the album opens up to you and "woah"! I went through a phase where nothing else sounded good to me but that Chi A.D album.

I don't have recommendations for anything like. I've never heard any tracks like anything from Earth Crossing. Lot's of wild sound moments from that album. I love the Industrial house sounding wobbly sheet metal sound coming in at 3:20 on the track X-Isle. Once again, nothing like it as far as i;ve found.

Based on your other comments though check out the song 'Fluff Factory' from the album FF - Alienated - Most songs on the album are hot tbh.

And for something dark. Ya boi Proxeeus has you sorted. For a unique moment unlike almost anything i've heard listen to "Me, Myself, & A Gnop-Keh" from the Elan Vital Compilation. The break at 5:55. Just wait for it. I don't care if you don't like the start, you wait for it ya hear me. . . Btw the first half of the song I think is great too.

Let me know what you think. I'll try come up with some others closer to Liquid Neon Sky

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tsotsi said:

Liquid Neon Sky and all of Earth Crossing is just unreal. You don't always notice it at first but eventually the album opens up to you and "woah"! I went through a phase where nothing else sounded good to me but that Chi A.D album.

I don't have recommendations for anything like. I've never heard any tracks like anything from Earth Crossing. Lot's of wild sound moments from that album. I love the Industrial house sounding wobbly sheet metal sound coming in at 3:20 on the track X-Isle. Once again, nothing like it as far as i;ve found.

Based on your other comments though check out the song 'Fluff Factory' from the album FF - Alienated - Most songs on the album are hot tbh.

And for something dark. Ya boi Proxeeus has you sorted. For a unique moment unlike almost anything i've heard listen to "Me, Myself, & A Gnop-Keh" from the Elan Vital Compilation. The break at 5:55. Just wait for it. I don't care if you don't like the start, you wait for it ya hear me. . . Btw the first half of the song I think is great too.

Let me know what you think. I'll try come up with some others closer to Liquid Neon Sky

 

All of the above is great music.  I will listen to it more deeply.  but that's not exactly what I was looking for.  I understand that my question is very complex.  this is most likely to be found by chance in the tracks.  thank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want a recommendation that might be more to your taste, try this:

(This Morn Omina are a terribly underrated band, by the way...)

However, if you are interested in a bit more info on my position about "what is scary in music":

On 5/19/2022 at 3:24 PM, Arti said:

All of the above is great music.  I will listen to it more deeply.  but that's not exactly what I was looking for.  I understand that my question is very complex.  this is most likely to be found by chance in the tracks.  thank.

I have thought about this reply the most. I can not really look into your mind, but I understand you are looking for something "scary" and "strange"?
The "strange" concept can be found in our psytrance music a great deal, it will just be a matter of what type of strangeness you are after and then which bpm or general setting, basically ... but the "scary" part is where it gets tricky in my opinion. It may have to do with the fundamental question: "what is scary to you?"
"Scary Music" - is there even such a thing? And I mean this question in the deepest sense.
I have been running through pitch blackness (i.e. a dark city park around midnight) with only the above mentioned "Tigerhill" on my ears, then I (metaphorically) turned round and did the same backwards with Noma, Prex, old S-Range, everything kinda "dark progressive" that was available ... I cannot describe the feeling as scared, rather "on high alert" because I didn't wanna run into any drugged strangers. This also didn't change as I tried to "up the ante" and bpm with Gappeq or Kindzadza.
I have listened to a great deal of sick black metal ... nah, I also cannot find scaryness there, only a general question of "what do you actually wanna do with all this - with the dark symbols and texts" in my mind. Slaughtering goats on stage? I have not attended, but it wouldn't be scary ... it would just be "intriguing", just the same way like human feces thrown into the audience (I cannot recommend this, by the way).
"Dark ambient?" Sure, why not - it only is difficult to find gigs, but that's what mp3 players are for, right? However, the general tenor with this music is, that it might have an impression that "this is scary" but when I actually listen when the tracks or pieces play, then it's actually not scary at all - just calm, cold, a bit depressing, that's it. I do not know about you, but "scare" emotion was not triggered on my side.

The closest to a "scare" - or rather: a huge impression and impact - was Anthony Rother and I have to give him credit for that: it was his track "Escape From Sector 8" played in the Mayday 2021 Stream. This piece broke the third wall for me, because he was playing in an empty hall with only machines "dancing" to his music: the motors of the spotlights moving and the screens on the floor flashing ... and then I had this realization as he spoke directly at the camera: "I am not real. I am not here. I am a virtual machine, running on (an) operating system: A.I. Technology. Predicting someone's future [...]" ... even then, the music alone wouldn't make me scared, I guess, but the DELIVERY of the message was what got me so good.

So I think that when you are after "scary things", your quest will continue - because first: scare is something personal ... and second: it's (in my opinion) very difficult to find scare in music.

that was my 2 cents on this issue

P.S.(post scriptum):

On 5/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, Dolmot said:

It's a tricky question but how about Eat Static - Contact (Eat Static Remix). I find assorted weirdness there. :)

Yes I was gonna recommend Eat Static, as a second or "third course" on the menu ... they are one of my favourites ... but I have tried to analyze the request and especially the answer to my post more and I think the threadstarter might not be looking for it...

On 5/20/2022 at 12:03 PM, Prana4ever said:

Battle of the future Buddhas - Natt
Battle of the future Buddhas - Sick circus

Yes, also I thought of Tigerhill. Might be a good one. However, still the above applies...

:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the tough part is trying to reconcile Liquid Neon Sky with a request for dark or scary music. To me LNS isn't really close to something I'd call dark or spooky. 

 

I'd definitely recommend Sab Kuch Milegator

Proxeeus - Perversion and Insanity

Maybe even Xenomorph - Demagoguery of the Obscurants

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...